• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I only skimmed that thread and I'm already ULTRA HYPE/wet.

Seems like the poster confirms earlier rumours too.

This is going to be the best movie ever. I just hope they don't tease too much of the
other armors
in trailers.

Gonna do a
Deep Space Armor
avatar closer to release of the movie.

LosDaddie

Banned
I spoiled a bunch of The Avengers for myself...watching trailers over & over, reading every spoiler posted on GAF, and the movie still blew me away.

But I'm saving myself for IM3 even though I already know about those 2 new armors

Yahoo has a clearer image.
ironman3-poster-watermark-jpg_162144.jpg

J10

Banned
Every time I see an armored superhero without a helmet on I wonder why someone doesn't shoot the fucker in the head and be done with it.

Jonogunn

So I'm sitting here researching Ironman and thinking back to those times where we first heard of marvel studios plans with the avengers...Reading on Wikipedia about captain america and Thor to be released in 2012...telling my non-nerdy friends how crazy this all is...

Shit good times!

Thank you marvel!

Needs more obvious blues and oranges.

Ahhh, I thought it was missing something!

I dig the poster a lot. That, the Mandarin character poster and the one with Stark falling from the sky are all real good- shame all of the others are garbage, with the obnoxious sparks flying everywhere.

golem

It begins:

Hong Kong's Disneyland to Host Marvel Superheroes

Made popular in China by the success of "The Avengers," the superheroes will have their own “themed area” in Disney's only site in the country.

HONG KONG – It might be the smallest Disneyland in the world, but Hong Kong’s site will soon boast something unique, as the city’s financial chief unveils plans for the theme park to host an area dedicated to Marvel’s superheroes.

Introducing his annual financial budget at the city’s legislature Wednesday, John Tsang Chun-wah said Disneyland Hong Kong’s Marvel section will be “the first of its kind in the world” when it is launched within “the coming few years.” The park, which is 52 percent owned by the city’s government, will pay for the project with its operating surpluses, Tsang said.
According to local press accounts, the Marvel-themed area will be completed by 2017. Decisions will be made within the next few months about the one or two characters that will be introduced as the core of that extension.
The plan is in line with Disney’s earlier announcement that it planned to introduce more elements from Marvel Entertainment into its theme parks, with the corporation having acquired the latter in 2009 for $4 billion. And Hong Kong’s theme park -- which has proved to be a big pull for tourists coming in from mainland China -- could be seen as a good entry point for such an approach, given the success of films featuring Marvel’s superheroes in Chinese-speaking markets.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hong-kongs-disneyland-host-marvel-425020

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
They better not use these designs for the movie, they look like generic space marines..

Y91Kk14.jpg

...what space marines are you looking at

besides iron mans further modified space armor ...drax has long been shirtless tat man, gamora usually wears next to nothing and rocket raccoon looks like a raccoon. I just hope they use Starlord old suit its classic, this new one looks like a virtual reality interface get up. I believe the movie will be based on the DnA run anyway so im sure they will look close to that , and no Ironman.

Slayven

Good. I'm not crazy about the idea of Hulk being the bad guy and fighting the other Avengers.

He wasn't the badguy in WWH, he was a man wronged looking for revenge. Not his fault the path to revenge involved ripping the arms off a 15 year old and almost sinking the eastern seaboard.

LosDaddie

Banned
Yup, staying strong here, too. Not reading the spoilers. :( I'm just hoping these awesome new IM3 armors get a Hot Toys release. I'm getting the HT Avengers Hulk, and he'll need a buddy soon.

Also, I'm torn on the WWH possibility. On one hand, I don't want to see Hulk as villain. Just don't want him being shitted on like that. On the other hand, I want to see more Hulk on the big screen, and if WWH is the only to get that, then I'll still be happy.

They better not use these designs for the movie, they look like generic space marines..

:lol Do you also use the lame term 'dudebro' on GAF, too?

The first thing they showed for GotG was concept art featuring character designs close to those last seen in the Thanos Imperative. So no, none of the look since they got dragged back into continuity.

How else would one label anything popular? That Avengers flick was a total dudebro movie. I mean explosions and stuff, way below my standards.

LOL you captured dudbro perfectly. I really think that phrase is the worst thing to happen to internet discourse. I cant wait until it totally dies off.

Jonogunn

I'm reading annihilation conquest right now and the starlord outfit in it is awesome. Love the ww2 type boots. I hope the movie will be very close to it.

Top Bottom