• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

shira

So how much of that trailer should I watch if I'm looking to avoid spoilers?

The ought to have called this a spailer. Spoiler/trailer.

Black is pretty ambitious and seems to be going in the right direction, but the Paltrow thing is troublesome. Eurghhhh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That 4chan thread apparently confirms
Pepper gets the Rescue Armor. Can you imagine the potential Avengers 2 lineup?

Iron Man (with Rescue and War Machine)
Drax, Gamora, Raccoon, Groot, Star Lord (with Nova and Adam Warlock)
Captain America (with Winter Soldier and Falcon)
Black Widow and Hawkeye
Thor (with The Warriors Three)
Hulk

All going up against Thanos, assuming he's set up to be as bad ass as he should be
with the Infinity Gauntlet
. Like half that roster would have to die.
No way
Rescue ever gets a combatant role in the movies. I think they'll be largely done with it after IM3.

So how much of that trailer should I watch if I'm looking to avoid spoilers?
It shows too much and probably the coolest thing that's been rumoured for the longest time about IM3.

J10

Banned
I don't get it, that trailer was horrible. Like the previous ones, nothing changed.

G6XRTgR.gif

I don't get it, that trailer was horrible. Like the previous ones, nothing changed.

To me it implied that Mandarin's rings aren't just for show. Hopefully they don't
kill off Mandarin with this though

Who are we looking at for supposed Avengers adversaries?

The Mandarin
Thanos
Any remaining Chitauri
Loki
Arnim Zola/Winter Soldier/inexplicably Resurrection Red Skull
Abomination
Galactus (if that rumour about Marvel getting the rights back were true)

After reading the spoilers I definitely don't want to watch that trailer and see any more footage. I wanna see how it all plays out. :)

This movie is going to be glorious.

The alternative is Marvel going out of business in the late 90s

I'm aware of that. But you can't deny it's a pretty sucky situation. No matter how good the First Class series is, and how... okay Amazing Spiderman is, the films would be infinitely better in an expanded universe. Especially Spiderman, my fondest memories of the 90s include Spiderman teaming up with Wolverine/Human Torch.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
That trailer gave me an erection. That last scene with
all the IM armours showing up IN the air

Feige contradicts himself with Guardians of the Galaxy.

He says that Guardians is a stand alone film with little connection to the rest of the MCU, but what about Iron Man joining the Guardians?

Don't believe he joins in the film universe; it's just a cameo.

He says that Guardians is a stand alone film with little connection to the rest of the MCU, but what about Iron Man joining the Guardians?

We know Iron Man heads off into space at the end of IM3, but I wasn't aware it was confirmed that he'd have a big role in GotG. I'd assumed he'd have a post-credits appearance to tie it in with The Avengers 2, not have a costarring role.

We know Iron Man heads off into space at the end of IM3, but I wasn't aware it was confirmed that he'd have a big role in GotG. I'd assumed he'd have a post-credits appearance to tie it in with The Avengers 2, not have a costarring role.

It could even be that
GotG takes place at the same time as IM3, with the Guardians reaching Earth at the end of their film
. I think it's very important for GotG to be standalone

Blader

I'm aware of that. But you can't deny it's a pretty sucky situation. No matter how good the First Class series is, and how... okay Amazing Spiderman is, the films would be infinitely better in an expanded universe. Especially Spiderman, my fondest memories of the 90s include Spiderman teaming up with Wolverine/Human Torch.

But on the flip side, not being able to do any Spider-Man or X-Men movies frees up Marvel to film a bunch of their lesser known characters.

It could even be that
GotG takes place at the same time as IM3, with the Guardians reaching Earth at the end of their film
. I think it's very important for GotG to be standalone

If the 4chan stuff is to be believed, this makes the most sense. Star Lord is likely sending an SOS because of whatever transpires in Guardians.

But on the flip side, not being able to do any Spider-Man or X-Men movies frees up Marvel to film a bunch of their lesser known characters.
This is the benefit I guess, there's no way in hell we'd be getting Guardians of the Galaxy if Marvel were doing Spiderman and X-Men! That said, Marvel wouldn't be having to reboot those two to try and aggressively keep the rights...
If the 4chan stuff is to be believed, this makes the most sense. Star Lord is likely sending an SOS because of whatever transpires in Guardians.

And then
by the time Iron Man gets there it's all done with and he's like "Aw I missed the party?", then Thanos shows up and fucks everyones shit up, setting up Avengers 2

I don't think it's going to be like the new comic series by Brian Michael Bendis were Iron Man joins the team, I think Tony just invistages the SOS

shira

If it's Iron Man only- they could do it. Simple RDJ voiceover work. If he's mask-on the whole time.

TDLink

Holy Fuck at that Iron Man 3 trailer. Can't wait to see it tomorrow in HD and English. I had a smile on my face when he jumped into the suit at the end before the logo came up. Then the stuff they showed after the logo made me audibly go "holy shit".

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Holy Fuck at that Iron Man 3 trailer. Can't wait to see it tomorrow in HD and English. I had a smile on my face when he jumped into the suit at the end before the logo came up. Then the stuff they showed after the logo made me audibly go "holy shit".

must not...watch...cam..version. Must resist...spoilers..

Top Bottom