• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Avengers 3:

halloween-wallpaper-marvel-zombies-secret-war-zombies.jpg

Would it be cool? Or would it be AMAZING?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The mention of Rocket Raccoon has me intrigued as to whether they used UMvC3 as a litmus test (not something to entirely extrapolate the success of a potential movie though) for the reception of their other characters in other media. For those uninformed, they added the following to the game, with heavy Marvel influence and Marvel even being quoted by devs as having certain agendas for promotion on other media:

Nova
Rocket Raccoon
Dr. Strange
Hawkeye
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist

Not to familiar with Guardians of the Galaxy, but it appears as if they're confident enough with them to attempt to push them out to other media. And Nova, which I think would be cool and entirely doable as a self-contained movie even to start off with. And we already know the Strange short(s) are being worked on currently so there's that too.

The mention of Rocket Raccoon has me intrigued as to whether they used UMvC3 as a litmus test (not something to entirely extrapolate the success of a potential movie though) for the reception of their other characters in other media. For those uninformed, they added the following to the game, with heavy Marvel influence and Marvel even being quoted by devs as having certain agendas for promotion on other media:

Nova
Rocket Raccoon
Dr. Strange
Hawkeye

Not to familiar with Guardians of the Galaxy, but it appears as if they're confident enough with them to attempt to push them out to other media. And Nova, which I think would be cool and entirely doable as a self-contained movie even to start off with. And we already know the Strange short(s) are being worked on currently so there's that too.

And Iron Fist.

Guise, i found leaked footage of Iron Man 3

Iron Man must tackle his laundry when Pepper is killed by Crimson Dynamo

dslvx.gif

ovyFR.gif

Oh, yeah. Plants needed watering!

TzV08.gif

That was hard work. Tony now has to make his own lunch :(

Nkjqq.gif

Now to rock out to some ACDC

FO57G.gif

suracity

So I just read some Civil War comic... (I always know what happened in CW but I had never really read the comic before.)

Damn, did I miss something? I just felt the story is lack of logic.
I mean the background, the set-up, the fuse of the events are good but the story itself feel so weird. I don't understand why everyone pick his/her stand...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So I just read some Civil War comic... (I always know what happened in CW but I had never really read the comic before.)

I mean the background, the set-up, the fuse of the events are good but the story itself feel so weird. I don't understand why everyone pick his/her stand...

It's a cool premise with terrible execution. The ending is so bad too.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Just picture some asshole executive going "Okay, people dislike this President Bush guy. We should hop on that gravy train. Okay, so here's how we ruin Iron Man in the comic world for basically ever. Also, Capt America is so stupid, he doesn't even Facebook. Fuck that guy too. Shoot him or something"

Ta-da. Civil War.

Just picture some asshole executive going "Okay, people dislike this President Bush guy. We should hop on that gravy train. Okay, so here's how we ruin Iron Man in the comic world for basically ever. Also, Capt America is so stupid, he doesn't even Facebook. Fuck that guy too. Shoot him or something"

Ta-da. Civil War.

Nailed it

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It was so dumb. Iron Man's position made perfect sense to, I don't know why they felt he had to be a total dick about it.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Thanos should be played by Sean Penn. At the end of Avengers 2, have him hold the Infinity Gauntlet aloft while slowly masturbating, sobbing tears of blood and murmuring that this is the way Granny would have wanted it to be.

Directed by Terrence Malick.

Snaku

Banned
I'd like to see Red Hulk in the next Hulk film. With the Hulk viewed and accepted as a hero by the public, Ross would no longer be able to touch him. In comes the Leader offering Ross gamma power to pursue Banner on his own.

Marvel could also use these next few solo films to introduce villains for an eventual Thunderbolts team up film. They could kill two birds with one stone, and alternate between Avengers sequels and Thunderbolt sequels.

Blader

I'd like to see Red Hulk in the next Hulk film. With the Hulk viewed and accepted as a hero by the public, Ross would no longer be able to touch him. In comes the Leader offering Ross gamma power to pursue Banner on his own.

Red Hulk is rumored to be in the Hulk tv series.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I dunno if this is the thread for this, but I gotta say it somewhere: no doubt in my mind Iron Man 3 will be the best Marvel movie thus far. It will probably not even be close.

Also, would someone mind throwing together an essential marvel universe comics list? I recently got an iPad and reading comics just became a whole lot more convenient for me.

Darryl

Banned
I dunno if this is the thread for this, but I gotta say it somewhere: no doubt in my mind Iron Man 3 will be the best Marvel movie thus far. It will probably not even be close.

I'm excited for it as well. Is there any news on whether or not the third will be the last?

shaowebb

And Iron Fist.

Derp. Ghost Rider too. They've been pushing Iron Fist too, who would be fucking awesome but I fear similarities to Iron Man's origin story.

*shame*

Well, Danny's billionaire kind of set up really.

Come to think of it, yeah that's pretty much all they share. The playboy bit isn't there either. Disregard.

Iron Fist is made for cinema.
  • Lost city of kung fu that channels magic? Check.
  • Training montage fueled by the main character's need for vengeance on those who killed his family? Check.
  • Tournament ending in a match versus ones best friend? Check.
  • Fist fight a dragon? Check.
  • Martial arts fueled by special effects and dragon ball z style shenanigans? Check.

Dude is MADE for cinema. Iron Fist has everything a Kung Fu Hollywood blockbuster needs to draw a crowd. Vengeance, a plot that allows for the laws of physics to be broken to better exaggerate the martial artists, a fight with a dragon involving the dragon losing in a bare fisted fight, and it even has a symbol to use to market the thing which is something a lot of comic book characters don't have in Marvel outside of Spiderman and the letter "X".

Plus the man who is pushing to get the role for it is a HUGE animal Kung Fu practitioner. Its the dude who played Darth Maul, and Toad (Ray Park)and the fans have been backing him on this. He apparently was cast for the role once during The Punisher era, but it lingered in development hell and was scrubbed. Now a new one is being penned and its going through this time with what is likely a better budget than it would have gotten back during the whole Punisher and Artisan production times of hero movies. Here's hoping Ray Park reclaims the role for this film too as otherwise I'm afraid of who they might cast into the role in Hollywood given the role's MASSIVE need for kung fu knowledge.

MANLY PICTURE TIME!
fYunu.jpg

As far as outfits go the mask will likely stay put, but everything from the waist up is likely up for grabs by Hollywood costume designers. Its not a bad thing either as even though his current outfit is good it likely would look pretty bland on camera. My guess is he goes shirtless a lot to flash the tattoo and his costume will likely just have a lot of seams added to it to give it better shape similar to what they did with the last bodysuit that was a solid color in Marvel (Daredevil). Not certain really what the best way to go is, but if they made his suit follow current day Cyclops' stitch pattern, used either white or green for its color and then trimmed the stitch line with yellow or gold from waist up the chest going over the shoulders it'd likely work the best. It'd be the bodysuit design, but the trim would pay tribute to the bodyline created by the old popped collar.

All suit fantasizing aside I'm pumped. Iron fist is perfect for Hollywood cinema. Just think kung fu fight scene with special energy effects flying around sort of like the trailer for Airbender (but without being a part of a garbage movie). Dude is gonna be like an American cinema equivalent of Storm Riders.

Also, would someone mind throwing together an essential marvel universe comics list? I recently got an iPad and reading comics just became a whole lot more convenient for me.

I'll give you a few off of the top of my head that I really enjoyed recently.

Modern Age Cosmic: Nova, Annihilation War, Annihilation Conquest, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ms. Marvel stand-alone.

Incredible Hercules (read this NOW)

Secret Avengers up to #21

Uncanny X-Force

If you're interested in "teen" books check out Avengers Academy. It's nice to have a story about heroes in the making.

I'm sure others will give some better recommendations for beginners but I don't know how someone couldn't enjoy what I've listed if they're interested in comics.

P.S. My avatar (Novachu) is from a Nova comic I just read.

EDIT: Linked the wrong picture. Thanks Hamburglar

Starting in on Thanos stuff, this bit was hilarious:

Like a boss.

And continuing something started in the box office thread:

Carnage is a shit character, but done right could be cool in a movie. The problem is that to do Venom right, you need a few movies build up. And then a break before introducing the offspring in Carnage.

I await Tobor's arrival.

List of Spidey stories to make the series "grittier" like studios think we want comic movies, that would actually make awesome movies:

Death of Gwen Stacey (we almost had it, dammit!)
Death of Jean DeWolff (murder mystery with Daredevil? I am SO in!)
Kraven's Last Hunt (insanely hard to pull off in a movie, but would fuck with audiences so much)

Nesotenso

Iron Fist is made for cinema.
  • Lost city of kung fu that channels magic? Check.
  • Training montage fueled by the main character's need for vengeance on those who killed his family? Check.
  • Tournament ending in a match versus ones best friend? Check.
  • Fist fight a dragon? Check.
  • Martial arts fueled by special effects and dragon ball z style shenanigans? Check.

Dude is MADE for cinema. Iron Fist has everything a Kung Fu Hollywood blockbuster needs to draw a crowd. Vengeance, a plot that allows for the laws of physics to be broken to better exaggerate the martial artists, a fight with a dragon involving the dragon losing in a bare fisted fight, and it even has a symbol to use to market the thing which is something a lot of comic book characters don't have in Marvel outside of Spiderman and the letter "X".

Plus the man who is pushing to get the role for it is a HUGE animal Kung Fu practitioner. Its the dude who played Darth Maul, and Toad (Ray Park)and the fans have been backing him on this. He apparently was cast for the role once during The Punisher era, but it lingered in development hell and was scrubbed. Now a new one is being penned and its going through this time with what is likely a better budget than it would have gotten back during the whole Punisher and Artisan production times of hero movies. Here's hoping Ray Park reclaims the role for this film too as otherwise I'm afraid of who they might cast into the role in Hollywood given the role's MASSIVE need for kung fu knowledge.

MANLY PICTURE TIME!
fYunu.jpg

As far as outfits go the mask will likely stay put, but everything from the waist up is likely up for grabs by Hollywood costume designers. Its not a bad thing either as even though his current outfit is good it likely would look pretty bland on camera. My guess is he goes shirtless a lot to flash the tattoo and his costume will likely just have a lot of seams added to it to give it better shape similar to what they did with the last bodysuit that was a solid color in Marvel (Daredevil). Not certain really what the best way to go is, but if they made his suit follow current day Cyclops' stitch pattern, used either white or green for its color and then trimmed the stitch line with yellow or gold from waist up the chest going over the shoulders it'd likely work the best. It'd be the bodysuit design, but the trim would pay tribute to the bodyline created by the old popped collar.

All suit fantasizing aside I'm pumped. Iron fist is perfect for Hollywood cinema. Just think kung fu fight scene with special energy effects flying around sort of like the trailer for Airbender (but without being a part of a garbage movie). Dude is gonna be like an American cinema equivalent of Storm Riders.

Yes Iron fist movie, But I am not sure about Ray Park.

Khezu

Plus the man who is pushing to get the role for it is a HUGE animal Kung Fu practitioner. Its the dude who played Darth Maul, and Toad (Ray Park)and the fans have been backing him on this. He apparently was cast for the role once during The Punisher era, but it lingered in development hell and was scrubbed

Totally forgot Ray wanted to do Iron Fist, dude would be awesome for it.

Khezu

He was in a king of fighters movie, never saw it, but I saw a clip where he talked and stuff, didn't seem bad.

Top Bottom