• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Ithil

Sigh....Falcon. He's the guy only the Marvel guys give any kind of crap about, but he's gonna be there regardless of no one in the audience wanting him.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New pics of Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and the guy who plays SHIELD agent Sitwill on the set of Captain America 2:

chrisevansandscarlettjo.jpg

Yeah not sure how I feel about it. Scarjo's not even that great of a pick for Natasha as far as looks go (except for certain...parts) but they made it work by chopping her hair off. Long straight hair looks kinda weird on her but maybe it's just the photos.

Widow looks abit weird in the set pictures. TBH I didnt dig her shorter hair in Avengers either. In my opinion, she looked the best in Iron Man 2.

kai3345

Banned
I feel like they should make Avengers 2 introduce Ant-Man and have Ultron be the villain, and then just have Ant-Man either be a prequel or spin off sequel to Avengers 2

I WANT TO SEE ULTRON DAMMIT

I feel like they should make Avengers 2 introduce Ant-Man and have Ultron be the villain, and then just have Ant-Man either be a prequel or spin off sequel to Avengers 2

I WANT TO SEE ULTRON DAMMIT

I feel like they need the build up for someone like Ultron. It would be great if they could set it up similar to the way they did in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

We still have no idea who the villain(s) would be in Avengers 2. Maybe they will introduce The Masters of Evil or something. Ant-Man should definitely be introduced in Avengers 2, in which he could build the first Ultron robots and have them fight alongside The Avengers against the Masters, only to be corrupted later and turn up as the main villain in Avengers 3.

Black Widow definitely doesn't need an origin story.
We are probably going to get plenty of background on her, and her history with Bucky, in Captain America 2.

Maybe Red Skull, Zemo or Kang for Avengers 2? I dunno, I'm completely guessing now that we know it won't be Thanos yet.

Watched Iron Man 3 last night. Action was good, but the story lacked so much that I almost didn't care to pay full attention.

There's no real connection with all three Iron Man movies. Its Disappointing.

I felt posting this bcuz it needed to be addressed.
Recommend still watching a quality Marvel movie.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
ScarJo is getting skinnier with each appearance. By the time she finally gets a Black Widow movie, they'll need to CG dat ass and dose tatas.

JdFoX187

Banned
Back when there was an inkling that Ant-Man might make it into Phase 2, I was hoping that would introduce Ultron and Thanos would corrupt him to lead into Avengers 2, thus cementing Thanos as the ultimate villain in Phase 3. Now I'm not so sure what they're going to do. But with all this talk of everything leading up to a climatic battle with Thanos as the "big finally" as Whedon calls it, is Marvel planning on continuing the Avengers series post-Phase 3? Or is that simply too far out to ponder?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Back when there was an inkling that Ant-Man might make it into Phase 2, I was hoping that would introduce Ultron and Thanos would corrupt him to lead into Avengers 2, thus cementing Thanos as the ultimate villain in Phase 3. Now I'm not so sure what they're going to do. But with all this talk of everything leading up to a climatic battle with Thanos as the "big finally" as Whedon calls it, is Marvel planning on continuing the Avengers series post-Phase 3? Or is that simply too far out to ponder?

My guess is that Phase 3 will be the end of the current MCU and Marvel will reboot the entire series.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
After the credits in Iron Man 3 it mentioned "Tony Stark will return". No brainer obviously, just the question who will play him. I'm pretty confident RDJ will return but if he doesnt, while it'd be a bit odd, it's not a dealbreaker.

Depending on the possible replacement of course.

Isn't RDJ confirmed for Avengers 2?

From darkhorizons

In a surprising reveal, Joss Whedon tells Desde Hollywood that despite the hint of him during the end credits of "The Avengers," don't expect Thanos to serve as the villain for at least the first sequel anyway. Whedon says:

"Thanos is more powerful. He is so powerful; he is not someone you can just trot out and punch him. Like he did in the comics, you want him threading through the universe and to save the big finale for the big finale.

He is definitely a part of what I have got going on. The thing about The Avengers is that they are very powerful but not very stable. So, there will definitely be some people that will shake them up in the next installment.

This essentially indicates Thanos might not arrive on the scene until Marvel's Phase Three plans - "The Avengers 3" in 2018 then?

Sounds like some buildup will make it more satisfying.

DarkWish

Ooh, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is filming in Washington DC in like two weeks! They're looking for union or non-union people, kids or adults... not sure if that means anyone can apply or not. But I'd love to be an extra or something, so I'm gonna look into it.

TDLink

Ooh, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is filming in Washington DC in like two weeks! They're looking for union or non-union people, kids or adults... not sure if that means anyone can apply or not. But I'd love to be an extra or something, so I'm gonna look into it.

Yes, that means anyone can apply.

Dai101

Banned

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

inky

Don't forget to wave when the camera passes near you.

Top Bottom