• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Downey Jr. Just said on The Daily Show that they are renegotiating for him to continue.

I think a safe bet would be 3-4 picture deal. 2 more IM and 2 more Avengers.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
First pics of Anthony Mackie as Falcon (sans wings) in Captain America 2:

anthonymackie01may1303.jpg

anthonymackie01may1301.jpg

anthonymackie01may1304.jpg

anthonymackie01may1302.jpg

anthonymackie01may1307.jpg

I'm guessing the wings will be CGed in in post production.

Blader

Downey Jr. Just said on The Daily Show that they are renegotiating for him to continue.

That's not a safe bet at all. :lol Downey doesn't want to do it for that much longer and Marvel probably doesn't want pay him for that much either having already spent 50 million on him for Avengers. My guess is he'll re-up for Avengers 2 and maybe 3, then that's it.

The sooner the role get's re cast, the better. There's no upside in paying that guy 50 million a pop, it's literally not worth it and studios like to get chained to this thought process that somehow audiences won't see the movie without the previous star (Like universal thinking Wanted 2 couldn't happen without angelina jolie...).

Hell Tony Stark doesn't even pull of the non humor parts well at all.

The sooner the role get's re cast, the better. There's no upside in paying that guy 50 million a pop, it's literally not worth it and studios like to get chained to this thought process that somehow audiences won't see the movie without the previous star (Like universal thinking Wanted 2 couldn't happen without angelina jolie...).

RDJ is literally the best part about the MCU so I hope they keep him for as long as they can. I read an interview with him in a Swedish magazine called King and it said he only got 500k for the first Iron Man so he's gotten quite a bump these last few years.

Hightower

Banned

I really dont think you could be any more wrong about this. I just dont think it will be the same character without RDJ in the lead.
RDJ as Stark is now iconic. Marvel is paying him the big bucks because he's worth it. IM3 will be an ENORMOUS hit, so they are getting huge pay back on that investment.

As for Wanted 2.. that movie shouldn't be happening. The first one was a god damned train wreck and shat all over the source material.

Slayven

Rewriting Peter Parker as black or any other race, religion, creed etc. would be wrong because he is not. Race altering can be done for Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne and in fact most heroes but why should we have to go down that route. If you can do the source material justice then stick to it as much as possible. Why alter something when you don't need to ?

My problem with making Peter Parker is they would just be palette swapping him. Like it or not the story would be different. A black kid will have difference experiences growing up then a white kid, especially in New York.

J10

Banned
My problem with making Peter Parker is they would just be palette swapping him. Like it or not the story would be different. A black kid will have difference experiences growing up then a white kid, especially in New York.

It wouldn't be different unless they went out of their way to write it to be different. Peter Parker's whiteness literally means nothing to the character. There is nothing uniquely white about him. He gets bullied at school. He's does well in science class. He loses a loved one to violence. He crushes on Mary Jane next door. These are things that happen to kids of all races in Queens on a daily basis.

eastx

It wouldn't be different unless they went out of their way to write it to be different. Peter Parker's whiteness literally means nothing to the character. There is nothing uniquely white about him. He gets bullied at school. He's does well in science class. He loses a loved one to violence. He crushes on his next door neighbor. These are things that happen to kids of all races in Queens on a daily basis.

I agree. People of all cultures and ethnic groups are completely identical and interchangeable. This topic is totally not a dead horse either.

/sarcasm

Nelo Ice

Banned
How are Magneto's kids allowed to be in the movie?

http://screenrant.com/the-avengers-2-quicksilver-scarlet-witch/

“It’s a little complicated, but if they [Fox, which holds the X-Men rights] want to use them in the X-Men movie they could, [but] if we want to use them in The Avengers movie, we could.”

Haven't read the comics but I do wonder how the hell they plan on explaining their origin since Fox essentially owns where they came from since they can't mention being mutants or anything of the sort.

I was talking to my dad about Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch earlier today. They're going to have to essentially give them brand-new origins since they can't be mutants. Should be interesting.

Avengers 3 to feature The Incredible Spider-Dude?

/loopholes.

I wonder, could they do something like this? Could they essentially make a MCU version of Spider-Man or the X-Men, but have them be variants so they aren't technically those characters? I don't know that they would ever want to, I mean Spider-Man is way better known than some Arachno-Boy, but could they skirt around it that way if they really wanted?

I wonder, could they do something like this? Could they essentially make a MCU version of Spider-Man or the X-Men, but have them be variants so they aren't technically those characters? I don't know that they would ever want to, I mean Spider-Man is way better known than some Arachno-Boy, but could they skirt around it that way if they really wanted?

Probably not. I get the feeling Marvel would rather wait until Spiderman is back at home before they try anything like make some sort of collaboration with shitty Sony Pictures.

J10

Banned
If they're saving Thanos for A3 (which I think is a good idea), that would leave them some room to develop Ultron for an Annihilation: Conquest adaptation, which would get the Guardians involved and hopefully include Quasar, Moondragon, Adam Warlock. Wet dream.

I still think they're going to do something with them being SHIELD agents and getting their "powers" from that. Quicksilver with a modified Cap serum and Scarlet Witch with...something. Maybe Loki smanged her when he was on earth and that gave her powers.

Scarlet Witch will be straight-up magic. If Dr Strange is a Phase 3 movie then what better way to introduce magic into the MCU than having it in Avengers 2.

falcon.jpg

The lack of red makes me sad panda, I hope he has an alternate somewhere

Fits with the MCU S.H.I.E.L.D. uniforms though. If they chose to dump Hawkeye's iconic costume for a S.H.I.E.L.D. get-up then there was no way they were going to keep that gawdy Falcon suit.

Top Bottom