• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

J10

Banned
Fits with the MCU S.H.I.E.L.D. uniforms though. If they chose to dump Hawkeye's iconic costume for a S.H.I.E.L.D. get-up then there was no way they were going to keep that gawdy Falcon suit.

Both Hawkeye and Falcon are using their Ultimate costumes in the MCU, probably because they don't look ridiculous.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Kevin Feige is spilling the beans on MCU Phase 2 in the newest EW issue:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=78702

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=78705

Thor: The Dark World:

“Alan is bringing a grittier, more textured patina to the designs of the worlds, and to Asgard in particular. It's less to chase either Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings - because you're not going to catch up. But part of the fun of Thor over the other characters is he doesn't have to stay on Earth. We visit a few of the other realms in this new movie.”

Captain America: The Winter Soldier:

“We weren't going back to World War II. Cap cannot travel in time. So while Tony can go home to Malibu and Thor goes up to Asgard and Hulk can sort of ride the rails, Cap was stuck. So Cap does stay with S.H.I.E.L.D. because he has nowhere else to go. But he's not necessarily comfortable there. And just as he's given permission to let go of the past and to focus on the modern world, a ghost comes up. With the Greatest Generation in World World II, there's a tendency to reflect on that period and say, 'Things were black and white back then, and now it's hard to know who the bad guys are.' 'We wanted to play on that a little with Cap being uncomfortable with the way S.H.I.E.L.D., and in particular Nick Fury, operates.”

Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2:

“All of the Avengers from the first film will be back and they will be the core team, but what's fun is that the roster shifts. It was always the intention to have a story line that brought in, obviously, new bad guys and potentially new heroes. I'm not confirming nor denying [Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver], but the draft could change six months from now. If we're going to add new characters, there's going to be a major part of the movie.”

Uncle

Not Spider-Pig.

Xu9vs6T.jpg

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Sorry, I thought it was old news and was posted already. Here's the link:

Kevin Feige - Marvel plans female superhero film
I'm not a fan of She-Hulk because I dont think that's really a design that could work well on screen (I say this, we've got Rocket Raccoon on the way, so *shrug*) but I do like her origin story.

It'd be a good way of integrating Ruffalo's Hulk a bit more too- though i'd rather have a new solo film featuring him I guess.

JdFoX187

Banned
I'm hoping Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a success so that it pushes Marvel into pursuing more low-key projects for some of their lesser profitable characters. TV shows based around Daredevil and The Punisher would be excellent and could write themselves.

Dai101

Banned
I'm hoping Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a success so that it pushes Marvel into pursuing more low-key projects for some of their lesser profitable characters. TV shows based around Daredevil and The Punisher would be excellent and could write themselves.

YES. As i said before, this in a setting like Law & Order would be a hit.

JdFoX187

Banned
YES. As i said before, this in a setting like Law & Order would be a hit.

I was thinking the same thing. Play up the court room drama for part of the episode, and then have Matt going out as Daredevil at night to uncover the truth. Have an entire season dedicated to one massive conspiracy. Do a 13 run season so the product doesn't get stale, and you've got an instant hit.

With The Punisher, all they need to do is make it a weekly procedural where he's tracking violent criminals. Make it MA and have it air on a basic or premium cable channel and it'd be successful. Tie them in with the MCU by having one of the flunky SHIELD agents show up or have mentions of the bigger events like perhaps Tony Stark doing something in town. I mean it's so fucking simple and wouldn't need a large budget. Hire me, Marvel! I'm a somewhat out of work writer that could do wonders.

Gartooth

According to EW, apparently Ghost Rider has also returned to Marvel

That was quick :lol

Assuming it's true, whoever had the rights must have willingly given up on the property due to the recent film bombing. Is there a deadline on how much longer Fox has before Fantastic Four reverts back to Marvel?

DieH@rd

Banned
Assuming it's true, whoever had the rights must have willingly given up on the property due to the recent film bombing. Is there a deadline on how much longer Fox has before Fantastic Four reverts back to Marvel?

There is zero chance that Fox will give up FF4 and X-Men. They are currently ramping up the pre-production for FF4 reboot.

Shame, I would really like that Avenger 3 starts with the crash landing of Silver Surfer to the home of Dr. Strange. :(

There is zero chance that Fox will give up FF4 and X-Men. They are currently ramping up the pre-production for FF4 reboot.

Shame, I would really like that Avenger 3 starts with the crash landing of Silver Surfer to the home of Dr. Strange. :(

We'll see if the FF Reboot bombs. Spiderman has a lot of success behind it, and X-Men has a lot of good stuff coming. FF has had two really bad movies.
Three if you're in the know

Blader

whaaaaaaat

how the hell is this possible so quickly?

I think studios can simply choose to have the rights revert without having to wait out x amount of years. The only reason Sony made Ghost Rider 2 was for Cage, and since he has said he wouldn't do a third, my guess is that Sony sees no reason to hold onto the property if their main/only attraction for it is saying no.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
We'll see if the FF Reboot bombs. Spiderman has a lot of success behind it, and X-Men has a lot of good stuff coming. FF has had two really bad movies.
Three if you're in the know

...FF4 and Xmen are the rest of the marvel U basically . kirby and lee built most of the marvel universe thru their original FF run, Bryne , Clairemont and Shooter did the same thing with the Xmen on their run/runs. It would be epic to get them back.

inky

Cheadle was much better in 3 and he kinda justifies his existence, but yes, the chemistry isn't really there.

eastx

I love Cheadle, but he was boring and lacked chemistry with RDJ.

Yeah, maybe Iron Man 3 is different but Cheadle and RDJ had way less chemistry together in Iron Man 2 than Howard and RDJ in the first film. Perhaps the script is partially to blame, but I don't know how you could think otherwise based on just the first two films.

Toa TAK

Banned
Cheadle was much better in 3 and he kinda justifies his existence, but yes, the chemistry isn't really there.

This is a little better. IM2 was kinda funny when it came to them, the only scene that really comes to my head with them was during the final battle in the glass dome.

T Dollarz

Yeah, maybe Iron Man 3 is different but Cheadle and RDJ had way less chemistry together in Iron Man 2 than Howard and RDJ in the first film. Perhaps the script is partially to blame, but I don't know how you could think otherwise based on just the first two films.

My feelings exactly. Howard was just so much better in the first Iron Man. Don Cheadle was a horrible choice for the part, he's too old and lacks the charisma.

I think studios can simply choose to have the rights revert without having to wait out x amount of years. The only reason Sony made Ghost Rider 2 was for Cage, and since he has said he wouldn't do a third, my guess is that Sony sees no reason to hold onto the property if their main/only attraction for it is saying no.

I doubt Sony would have given up Ghost Rider early for nothing, though. If they're given a certain window of time to make another movie, they might as well wait it out until the last possible minute. Alternatively, they could have mutually agreed with Marvel/Disney to revert the rights for a price, although I can't see Marvel/Disney willing to pay much for that.

AMUSIX

Please Carol Danvers!

She does seem like the obvious choice. And I'm right there with you, definitely the one I'd like to see on the screen.

As much as I'd like them, I think She-Hulk and Spider-Woman would be seen as 'female knockoffs to famous male heroes' by most of the movie-going public. Not even sure if they can use Jessica Drew, other than her name, she's not part of the Spidey universe like Felicia Harding is.

I guess the only other possibilities would be to reboot Elektra, or to do a Scarlet Witch movie, or....Mockingbird?

Blader

I agree about the total lack of chemistry between RDJ and Cheadle in IM2, but at the same time, they're not really friends in that movie anyway.

I doubt Sony would have given up Ghost Rider early for nothing, though. If they're given a certain window of time to make another movie, they might as well wait it out until the last possible minute. Alternatively, they could have mutually agreed with Marvel/Disney to revert the rights for a price, although I can't see Marvel/Disney willing to pay much for that.

Yeah, we don't really know at this point. In either case, regardless of who owns Ghost Rider, neither studio will be making another one anytime soon. :lol

Top Bottom