• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

has this been posted?

Zoe Saldana is going to be in makeup for Gamora. No CGI / performance capture.

Q: Do you know if your character's gonna be, like, all CGI? Will it be makeup, performance capture?

Saldana: No, she's definitely gonna be makeup, so it will be me, thank God.

source

big giant

Banned
Blade already tried that, and failed.

I'm not sure Ghost Rider would work, due to CGI limitations for TV.

Punisher and Daredevil could both work though.
Agreed on those. I guess the Garth Ennis MAX run could make for a good cable show, likewise Bendis' Daredevil. (Though costumed action is always going to be tough to pull off on TV.)

Tom_Cody

Would have liked it a lot if Zoe put on some muscle.
Eh, my guess is that they are going to go for more the current appearance of the character and have her in a suit:

mrs8Mtd.jpg

Going for exposed muscles wouldn't really work. Zoe doesn't exactly have a Sarah Conner like physique.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Eh, my guess is that they are going to go for more the current appearance of the character and have her in a suit:

mrs8Mtd.jpg

Going for exposed muscles wouldn't really work. Zoe doesn't exactly have a Sarah Conner like physique.

yep

Gamora's no longer space She-Hulk

jett

D-Member
Has Kevin Feige said why Mahvel picked those particular directors for Captain America 2? Seems like a strange choice.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think they're going to take their cues from DnA's run. So they're probably not going to go with her recent costume. At least I hope not.

jph139

Seems like the place to ask - is the Phase 1 Box Set worth it? I don't own any of the movies yet, don't have a 3D TV (nor do I intend to), like having "feelies," and plan on purchasing all of them... would I be better off buying the set or the individual Blu-rays?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Seems like the place to ask - is the Phase 1 Box Set worth it? I don't own any of the movies yet, don't have a 3D TV (nor do I intend to), like having "feelies," and plan on purchasing all of them... would I be better off buying the set or the individual Blu-rays?

In your case, sure. You don't have any of the movies yet. The only problem I have with the set is they didn't include the extras from Iron Man 1 & 2. If you want them, you'll need buy the individual copies.

has this been posted?

Zoe Saldana is going to be in makeup for Gamora. No CGI / performance capture.

source

Most interesting part for me:

Saldana was relatively tight-lipped on the project when we met in London, having “just signed on”, but she’ll be back in these shores in a matter of weeks to start shooting.
I had no idea they were going to start shooting GotG so soon. They only just started Captain America. Maybe the post process is longer.

Tom_Cody

Most interesting part for me:

I had no idea they were going to start shooting GotG so soon. They only just started Captain America. Maybe the post process is longer.
I believe they are starting with GoG in June. James Gunn has been out in London prepping the production for a few months.

Tom_Cody

Interesting. Why don't we know who's voicing Rocket Raccoon yet? Are they just going to add that in post?

Also Mantis better be in. :|
I think its possible that everyone has been cast and that they are just doling out announcements in periodic increments for marketing reasons. That said, its also possible that RR has not been cast and that they can afford to wait due to the nature of the character.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Iron Man 3 spoiler, read only if you watch the movie -- it's in relation where I want them to go with new characters in the Iron Man films.

I wish Pepper had stayed dead so Marvel could introduce Madame Masque into their cinematic universe as a love interest for Tony.

AMUSIX

I just want a good Ghost Rider movie. Get rid of Nic Cage. Way too fucking old for the role.

I know the Ghost Rider movies certainly weren't as good as they could have been, but I had fun with them, partly because it was so obvious that Cage loved playing the role. I agree that they need to find someone younger, but I hope whomever it is has the same enthusiasm.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Iron Man 3 spoiler, read only if you watch the movie -- it's in relation where I want them to go with new characters in the Iron Man films.

I wish Pepper had stayed dead so Marvel could introduce Madame Masque into their cinematic universe as a love interest for Tony.

There were rumors awhile back that Rebecca Hall's Maya Hansen was going to become Madame Masque.

God yes. Establish Dr. Strange, get me a Heroes for Hire flick or series and buy those rights back needed to get him hooked up with THE NEW AVENGERS. It's all I want Marvel.

Gartooth

YES!! I hope at this point they just start introducing as many characters as possible in Phase 3 to build the MCU. I also would love to see either a Defenders or New Avengers style team up, though that would be a problem without Silver Surfer for the former and Mr. Fantastic for the latter.

Gah getting back the Fantastic Four property would help the MCU so much...

Nelo Ice

Banned
YES!! I hope at this point they just start introducing as many characters as possible in Phase 3 to build the MCU. I also would love to see either a Defenders or New Avengers style team up, though that would be a problem without Silver Surfer for the former and Mr. Fantastic for the latter.

Gah getting back the Fantastic Four property would help the MCU so much...

That would be awesome. From the early looks of it sounds like phase 3 is going to be about introducing the rest of the Marvel universe. Damn it is insane just thinking about how Marvel could be making so many movies all connected in 1 universe. Now all we need is for the rest of their properties to come home.

Blader

This probably won't happen, but I'd like to see a Phase 3 without an Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America movie. Just all new characters, and maybe a Hulk and/or GotG sequel. I feel like "retiring" the big three for the few years in between Avengers sequels will give the third more weight to it -- while also giving Marvel plenty of time to build up some new characters.

Also, if the Thor and Cap trilogies are building up to Ragnarok and Death of Captain America, it might make sense to save Thor 3 and Cap 3 for after Avengers 3 instead of before.

J10

Banned
This probably won't happen, but I'd like to see a Phase 3 without an Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America movie. Just all new characters, and maybe a Hulk and/or GotG sequel. I feel like "retiring" the big three for the few years in between Avengers sequels will give the third more weight to it -- while also giving Marvel plenty of time to build up some new characters.

Also, if the Thor and Cap trilogies are building up to Ragnarok and Death of Captain America, it might make sense to save Thor 3 and Cap 3 for after Avengers 3 instead of before.

Feige already commented that they'll put out three movies a year if they have to. Avengers 3 probably ain't coming any later than 2018 if they wanna include the current roster.

TDLink

Honestly, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Phase 3's only sequels are Thor 3 and GotG 2, with the rest being all new. I mean Ant Man, Doctor Strange, GotG 2, Thor 3, and maybe Black Panther seems like a pretty good lineup to me prior to a third Avengers.

Instead of a GotG 2 they could also do a Nova/Annihilation movie, though I am sure all that is contingent on how well GotG performs next year.

Gartooth

If I had to make a call, I'm going to guess that Marvel is done with Iron Man solo films after Iron Man 3, and will instead just keep the character around for Avengers. The same could happen with Cap and Thor for their next movies, but I'm guessing that they will try and push for another sequel from each before retiring them to Avengers movies.

Guardians of the Galaxy could go either way, either being standalone or going on as a franchise, though I'm guessing that Ant-Man will be a one-off. Speaking of Ant-Man, due to it's release in 2015, does it count as a Phase 2 movie (even though it comes after Avengers 2) or a Phase 3 movie?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
If I had to make a call, I'm going to guess that Marvel is done with Iron Man solo films after Iron Man 3, and will instead just keep the character around for Avengers. The same could happen with Cap and Thor for their next movies, but I'm guessing that they will try and push for another sequel from each before retiring them to Avengers movies.

Guardians of the Galaxy could go either way, either being standalone or going on as a franchise, though I'm guessing that Ant-Man will be a one-off. Speaking of Ant-Man, due to it's release in 2015, does it count as a Phase 2 movie (even though it comes after Avengers 2) or a Phase 3 movie?

...yeah i would have to think so as well unless something truly special presented itself. After avengers 2 there should be a real slowdown and spread out phase 3 over a longer time and go from there if there will be an Avengers 3 or maybe they will go New Avengers / Mighty Avengers etc that would be crazy. I wonder what disney has to say about this though, they have ...sooooo many properties now its like...wtf do you do? how do you not cut into your own money.

Cartman86

Banned
I think its possible that everyone has been cast and that they are just doling out announcements in periodic increments for marketing reasons. That said, its also possible that RR has not been cast and that they can afford to wait due to the nature of the character.

Just waiting for Andy Serkis to be done shooting Dawn of the Planet of the Apes :)

Top Bottom