• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

I thought it was pretty cool. Lots of good material for a movie. Also, like I said, it be great to see a shit ton of heroes.
And make Tony Stark the biggest asshole ever. No thanks.
The only good thing about Civil War was Cap kicking Tony's ass all over the place at the end. Sadly, it was all undone by Cap walking off crying like a lil bitch.

Vega

Not enough heroes in the cinematic universe. Besides you can't really do the civil war storyline without the Fantastic 4 and Spidey.

Plus Civil War ruined Tony.

inky

MCU's Iron Man wouldn't act the same way as he does in the comics either, plus not enough characters, plus no thanks please.

The idea of splitting everyone and tilting them against each other might be neat conceptually in a movie, but the whole registration storyline sucks.

So again, no thanks.

TDLink

The only thing I want to see regarding Civil War-era Iron Man is the scene between him and Nova where Richard verbally destroys him in a future GotG/Annihilation movie.

1486783-nova_vs_ironman_02_super.jpg

I really want a Nova/Annihilation movie...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
By the time they get around to doing a Civil War Avengers (in like phase 4 or 5) RDJ won't be playing Iron Man anymore.

FlyFaster

I just brought Civil War up because I think the premise and the tension it creates would be great on screen. Reveal identity or not?

They could play with it a lot. I don't think it'd be hard for Tony to keep the same position in the comic and not be a fascist. I think the main argument that is presented in the comic by Tony and Cap, can be argued convincingly both ways.

I just think it would be great material to play with.

Nelo Ice

Banned
By the time they get around to doing a Civil War Avengers (in like phase 4 or 5) RDJ won't be playing Iron Man anymore.

The day RDJ steps down from being Iron Man is going to suck. It is going to be a massive undertaking for whoever replaces/succeeds him.

Speaking of the future I hope Kevin Feige stays on as Marvel Studios president as long as he possibly can or is willing to.

http://collider.com/kevin-feige-contract-marvel/

Collider: Do you see yourself still running Marvel in five years?

FEIGE: I don’t know, the truth of the matter is, I always sort of set a goal or set a horizon line and look towards that. Then say, “Once I get to that horizon line I will see where we stand.” For a long time it was X-Men 2 and then for a long time it was Iron Man and Incredible Hulk – are we going to be a studio by then or not? Is it going to work or is it not? Then it was Avengers, now it’s Avengers 2. So, two years after that, three years after that, I can’t even begin to guess.

Didn't he just call a kid a pussy in Iron Man 3 seems like he's a asshole already

Well, he's a lovable asshole. Civil War would be character assassination for the MCU-Stark. Plus his relationship with that kid was gold.
The kid is basically Tony Stark Jr. His comments come from a similar place as the kid (absent father).

Plus, there are no masked vigilantes or anything of the sort in the Marvel MCU. There are so few heroes, that it's almost pointless. And what heroes there are are easily tracked by the government, hell they work for/with the government.

Blader

I really want a Nova/Annihilation movie...

I think an Annihilation-type movie for Phase 3 would be awesome. Besides being a great story in its own right, it'd make for a good sequel to GotG and would be a perfect lead in for Thanso in Avengers 3.

TDLink

I think an Annihilation-type movie for Phase 3 would be awesome. Besides being a great story in its own right, it'd make for a good sequel to GotG and would be a perfect lead in for Thanso in Avengers 3.

Annihilation would be fucking NUTS as a movie. I would love to see that.

Completely agree. I would go so far as to say I would prefer it to a mere "GotG 2" (or slightly change it into being a GotG 2 with Nova still as the primary character). That story is just so movie-perfect that it has to happen.

Haven't read the storyline, but that'd be perfect to bring in Olyphant for Nova. Cause Justified will probably be over by that point.

Feige, DOOOOOOOOO IT.

Read it man, it's only like 25 or so issues. It really is great.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiet, Chris Pratt already bulked up for the role as Peter Quill. From yesterday:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=78941

From this:

When you look at how Marvel Studios got Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth bulked up for the roles of Captain America and Thor, you wouldn't think that fans would worry about them doing the same for Chris Pratt (especially after his appearance as a tough as nails Navy Seal in Zero Dark Thirty). Of course, photos like this from around the time he was cast as Star-Lord didn't exactly help!

chris-pratt-jack-is-totally-healthy-now-03.jpg

Well, here's how Pratt looks now! The actor was spotted in Hollywood on Friday and it's clear that he's committed to the role. As well as slimming down, he's bulked up considerably and looks like he could easily give the two other Chris' of the Marvel Cinematic Universe a run for their money if they were to face off! Anyway, this isn't exactly as exciting as seeing the actor suited up as Star-Lord, but it will hopefully put an end to the whining of a small group of fans who were concerned that he wouldn't get in shape in time to play the leader of the team. What do you guys think?

To this:

chris-pratt-bulks-up-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-photos-05.jpg

chris-pratt-bulks-up-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-photos-04.jpg

chris-pratt-bulks-up-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-photos-11.jpg

Haven't read the storyline, but that'd be perfect to bring in Olyphant for Nova. Cause Justified will probably be over by that point.

Feige, DOOOOOOOOO IT.

Completely agree. I would go so far as to say I would prefer it to a mere "GotG 2" (or slightly change it into being a GotG 2 with Nova still as the primary character). That story is just so movie-perfect that it has to happen.

Read it man, it's only like 25 or so issues. It really is great.
Annihilation would be an epic damn movie, and easily compressed to fit in a single movie. Only problem is Annihilus. Isn't he tied up with Fantastic Four or not?

If GotG does take off like I want, I think we will get a fucking crazy sequel, and Annihilation is the perfect thing. Somehow end it with Thanos getting the Infinity Gauntlet and you set up Avengers 3 easy.

man, I remember when I first saw photos of bulked up Chris Evans preparing for 1st Captain America movie. it's nuts. same trainer/gym? lol

TDLink

Annihilation would be an epic damn movie, and easily compressed to fit in a single movie. Only problem is Annihilus. Isn't he tied up with Fantastic Four or not?

If GotG does take off like I want, I think we will get a fucking crazy sequel, and Annihilation is the perfect thing. Somehow end it with Thanos getting the Infinity Gauntlet and you set up Avengers 3 easy.

No. Annihilus is not included in the Fantastic Four license agreement. Marvel can (thankfully) use him at will.

No. Annihilus is not included in the Fantastic Four license agreement. Marvel can (thankfully) use him at will.
Woo hoo!
I remember reading the story and when it was revealed he was the villain I was like "uuuuh. This is a bad thing for the good guys."

But to those that never read Annihilation: read it! Epic as hell, and one of the best final battles against a villain. That spread of the final blow was a major holy shit moment.

Everytime this is brought up it makes me sad.

Who else would make a good Iron Man?

Maybe instead of having one guy replace RDJ, they could have SHIELD implement an "Iron Legion" and get an ensemble of characters to use different suits. War Machine/Iron Patriot, Rescue, etc. Use established and original characters.

inky

Pratt has to take his shirt off before there can be any sort of fair judgment off his body compared to the other Chris'.

Well, apparently he looked like this for Zero Dark Thirty (haven't seen it):

9D6CdxN.jpg

So depending on when shooting starts for GotG I think he'll have no problems passing your inspection.
(needs more pecs tho)

Has any story info on GotG leaked? Any interviews with Pratt? I've found very little. No interviews with Pratt.

Is Peter Quill half alien in this or something? Or are we going with "Human kid with a destiny of sorts"

TDLink

Woo hoo!
I remember reading the story and when it was revealed he was the villain I was like "uuuuh. This is a bad thing for the good guys."

But to those that never read Annihilation: read it! Epic as hell, and one of the best final battles against a villain. That spread of the final blow was a major holy shit moment.

I am hoping the fact that Annihilus is an alien and the colour green would allow them to actually film that finisher as well while keeping it PG-13.

What? Really? I'll take it, but that's pretty odd. He's primarily an FF villain.

The FF license is actually pretty restrictive. It doesn't allow FOX to use even close to all of the FF villains. They name specifically which can be used...and its only like 5 or 6 different ones. Annihilus is not one of them.

Super Skrull, unfortunately, is but his part of Annihiliation could easily be excised in a movie version or given to some other character(s) (like GotG members if they made this a "GotG 2").

Has any story info on GotG leaked? Any interviews with Pratt? I've found very little. No interviews with Pratt.

Is Peter Quill half alien in this or something? Or are we going with "Human kid with a destiny of sorts"

No leaks yet but all indication is that the characters are faithful to the Abnett and Lanning interpretations rather than the recent Bendis run (thank god).

I am hoping the fact that Annihilus is an alien and the colour green would allow them to actually film that finisher as well while keeping it PG-13.
If they do make Annihilation, it MUST have that finisher. The audience would pop as much as they did for Hulk smashing Loki in Avengers. Maybe more so since Annihilus would have wiped out billions of lives by that point.

The day RDJ steps down from being Iron Man is going to suck. It is going to be a massive undertaking for whoever replaces/succeeds him.

Speaking of the future I hope Kevin Feige stays on as Marvel Studios president as long as he possibly can or is willing to.

http://collider.com/kevin-feige-contract-marvel/

I imagine it's going to be a semi reboot for the Tony Stark character while still maintain the MCU continuity. think of it like Bruce Banner Ed Norton to Mark Ruffalo switch, both are supposed to play the same character Banner in the same MCU continuity, but when you watch both movies back to back, they felt like a totally different character and their personality are nothing alike.

they can arrange similar thing to Tony Stark, for example, kill Pepper Potts in Avenger 2, now enter a new actor playing Tony Stark for IronMan 4 in a different angle, probably less humor or adapt more of comic Tony Stark darker personality, the big tone shift will make accepting the new actor easier, and if the story and performance are there, then it can still be good and faithful to the comic.

The FF license is actually pretty restrictive. It doesn't allow FOX to use even close to all of the FF villains. They name specifically which can be used...and its only like 5 or 6 different ones. Annihilus is not one of them.

Are you sure about that? Is their an official quote about that? I could have sworn after Avengers Feige said they could have used Skrulls if they wanted to but they decided to do Chitauri because they didn't want to get into the whole shape shifting thing and overcomplicate the film (even though the Chitauri in the comics could masquerade as humans as well)

TDLink

If they do make Annihilation, it MUST have that finisher. The audience would pop as much as they did for Hulk smashing Loki in Avengers. Maybe more so since Annihilus would have wiped out billions of lives by that point.

I agree. The story is good enough to do even without it, but it really is an amazingly good capper.

Are you sure about that? Is their an official quote about that? I could have sworn after Avengers Feige said they could have used Skrulls if they wanted to but they decided to do Chitauri because they didn't want to get into the whole shape shifting thing and overcomplicate the film (even though the Chitauri in the comics could masquerade as humans as well)

Like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch either Marvel or the license holder (FOX) can use the Skrulls. Super Skrull, however, is a specific character that only FOX can use as long as they hold the license.

At the end of Iron Man 3 it says "Iron Man will return" is that in reference to Avengers 2, a hint that there will be an Iron man 4, or just that one way or another there will be more Iron Man in the future?

Like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch either Marvel or the license holder (FOX) can use the Skrulls. Super Skrull, however, is a specific character that only FOX can use as long as they hold the license.

Ah I see. Is there a list of what villians/charecters are part of the FF Fox deal?

Top Bottom