• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Ovid

That scene where she steps into the "ring" with Tony and there is the silence. That, for me, goes down as classic cinema moment. Such a beauty, up there with Lauren Bacall, Elizabeth Taylor, Ingrid Bergman ect. She's got the classic look from the 40s and 50s and it sings to me.
OMG...I love Ingrid Bergman!!

FlyFaster

What scene are you talking about?

mgid:uma:content:mtv.com:1638291

not the boxing scene but hey
ScarlettJohansson-leva-jeito-para-Jiu-Jitsu.jpg

Anyway, you have to watch it. Much better in motion.

Nether!

If GotG takes off, we will definitely see Nova in a sequel. He is too popular with the fans not to use him.

Have a feeling the Nova Corps will at least be introduced in GotG, if not a central plot point (possibly used as the space-cops transporting the main Guardians team members to a prison facility).

If Marvel had the rights I'd love a AvX storyline. Not like the actually event but something involving all those characters on the big screen would be really amazing.

Kinda hard since X3 already killed off some rather important figures to the "plot" of AvX...

But I do agree that seeing a spectacle of all those characters on one screen would be awesome.

And nope! Avengers BW > IM2 BW, any day.

inky

She looked so much hotter in Avengers, this isn't even a debate

Nuh-uh.

Sorry but IM2 Scar Jo is way, way hotter. Even in her suit when she is fighting Hammer's goons she looks better than in the whole Avengers. I think much of that is due to the hair.

Jason Aaron's current run on Thor: God of Thunder is pretty awesome. The first story arc, "The God Butcher," just ended with issue #5. Issue #6 was a standalone (and really isn't very good), and the next arc just started with issue #7. Definitely worth checking out.

I have only read the first 2 of these but yes, I'm liking it a lot. The art is great too, and Thor's outfit is one of the best I've seen him in.

I dunno why, but I find it hilarious that William Sadler is the President of the United States in the MCU. I still associate him with Die Hard 2 and The Shawshank Redemption.

Ovid

I dunno why, but I find it hilarious that William Sadler is the President of the United States in the MCU. I still associate him with Die Hard 2 and The Shawshank Redemption.
I remember him as the main antagonist from Steven Segal's "Hard To Kill". He was a senator in that :p

*following Phil Coulson's death*

Ant-Man: ...what was his name?

President: What the fuck you care new fish? Don't matter what his name is, he's dead now

Blader

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=79121

Ms Marvel, Blade, Iron Fist, Black Panther and The Runaways films currently under development by Marvel Studios.

This is probably more like stockpiling scripts to pick from in the future than all of these films actually being in development. Like, Runaways has been done and even ready to shoot for years, but Avengers put it on the backburner and Feige just said recently they're not pursuing it all anymore.

This is probably more like stockpiling scripts to pick from in the future than all of these films actually being in development. Like, Runaways has been done and even ready to shoot for years, but Avengers put it on the backburner and Feige just said recently they're not pursuing it all anymore.

Thing is, with Guardians of the Galaxy in actual production, I can see no reason why any Marvel film bar Howard the Duck II couldn't happen. Once you get to an anthropomorphic raccoon you're past the point of return.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=79121

Ms Marvel, Blade, Iron Fist, Black Panther and The Runaways films currently under development by Marvel Studios.
I know the title of the article makes it sound like they're in active development but if you actually read it it's more like a "this is what we think the current status of these are" article. It says it right there that Runaways is probably not going to be made.

Blader

Thing is, with Guardians of the Galaxy in actual production, I can see no reason why any Marvel film bar Howard the Duck II couldn't happen. Once you get to an anthropomorphic raccoon you're past the point of return.

Guardians is obscure, but coming off Avengers to do another team movie -- and one that has tenuous links to Avengers and its sequel -- makes sense.

I'm not saying all those properties have no shot at getting made; I can definitely see Strange, Panther, and maybe Inhumans all getting the green light. It just depends on how they fit into Marvel's bigger Phase plans.

Personally, I'm hoping for a Phase 3 without an Iron Man/Thor/Cap movie with a big push on newer characters.

Guardians is obscure, but coming off Avengers to do another team movie -- and one that has tenuous links to Avengers and its sequel -- makes sense.

I'm not saying all those properties have no shot at getting made; I can definitely see Strange, Panther, and maybe Inhumans all getting the green light. It just depends on how they fit into Marvel's bigger Phase plans.

Personally, I'm hoping for a Phase 3 without an Iron Man/Thor/Cap movie with a big push on newer characters.

It's just... Ant-Man and Dr. Strange are already confirmed for Phase 3, if those two are getting movies the sky's the (relative) limit I think. I think we'll see how IM/Thor/Cap are doing at the end of Avengers 2, might be a good indicator over whether they'll be more sequels.

New news I suppose? The Runaways, great to hear something about it since news died out years and years ago.

I would make the thread myself if we had anything really new there but it doesn't look like the article has all that much substance. There's no guarantee any of that will pan out. It would be flat out misleading to say that the Runaways is being developed, if you read the article it says almost the opposite.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
When are we allowed to discuss Iron Man 3 spoilers in this thread, their implication for the upcoming films in the MCU, et cetera?

Malibu Mansion is destroyed so Tony goes away and lives in Avengers Tower

Also, AIM are going to be complete dicks in this phase I suspect.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know the title of the article makes it sound like they're in active development but if you actually read it it's more like a "this is what we think the current status of these are" article. It says it right there that Runaways is probably not going to be made.
This is most definitely the case. Don't get too excited about this, Marvel has been drafting scripts for a while.

Top Bottom