• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

eastx

Green Lantern failed because it was hideous looking, the CG was terrible, and the movies color palette was just down right ugly. Everything about that movie was visually unappealing.

So very true. His costume just looked hideous, and that poor art direction extended outward to everything else as well. Parallax as a big dumb CG cloud? No thank you. Also, bad script.

Fuck no.

Red Skull should stay dead. No point in bringing him back.

Umm...

Considering that he's the main villain of the Winter Soldier storyline, I can't see how that would be stupid at all.

AMUSIX

Ultron has a design begging to be realized in film.

Wait.

How do we know that piece of information?

Sources

5NPY1Sy.jpg

TDLink

Double role as Jarvis and Ultron.

I wouldn't wanna see Jarvis-Jarvis turn into Ultron. He's like Stark's best friend, it'd be depressing.

That is exactly why it is a great idea though. Turning Jarvis into Ultron could really resonate with the mainstream audience in addition to people who already know about Ultron nerdgasming over him. It has the potential to be a really strong story since everyone has been familiar with him since the initial MCU movie.

Toa TAK

Banned
That is exactly why it is a great idea though. Turning Jarvis into Ultron could really resonate with the mainstream audience in addition to people who already know about Ultron nerdgasming over him. It has the potential to be a really strong story since everyone has been familiar with him since the initial MCU movie.

There we go: Iron Man 4.

With the original cast of course.

Exactly.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo

If I was Marvel, I wouldn't run with this idea. If we are talking about staying "true to the source material" I've always had the impression Pym only looks to advice from Richards when it comes to science. Plus, Stark had a small relationship with The Wasp, so if they were to cross Ant-Man and Iron Man, I'd rather see them explore that route for on-screen tension in the Avengers 3 (only if there had to be a cross-over of both series).

TDLink

If I was Marvel, I wouldn't run with this idea. If we are talking about staying "true to the source material" I've always had the impression Pym only looks to advice from Richards when it comes to science. Plus, Stark had a small relationship with The Wasp, so if they were to cross Ant-Man and Iron Man, I'd rather see them explore that route for on-screen tension in the Avengers 3 (only if there had to be a cross-over of both series).

They can still have Pym be the one who tinkers with Jarvis to turn him into Ultron. Also, after Iron Man 3, I am not sure how much Marvel really cares about "staying true to the source material" so much as just delivering entertaining stories on screen (which is good as that is definitely the way to go). Them not having the ability to use Reed Richards could also be a good excuse for replacing his role there with Tony.

In avengers 2 I hope some butler walks in and everyone's like "who the he'll are you?" And the butler is like "why Jarvis of course!" And it turns out Jarvis was actually communicating with tony via Bluetooth headset through the entire trilogy

Caspel

They can still have Pym be the one who tinkers with Jarvis to turn him into Ultron. Also, after Iron Man 3, I am not sure how much Marvel really cares about "staying true to the source material" so much as just delivering entertaining stories on screen (which is good as that is definitely the way to go). Them not having the ability to use Reed Richards could also be a good excuse for replacing his role there with Tony.

Yeah, but without access to Reed Richards, I'm guessing Marvel isn't going to want to diminish the smarts of Pym. So if there's one thing with Pym that must translate over to the films, I'd say that his intelligence is going to be it. Pym doesn't need Tony when it comes to science. Tony needs him. The only thing I see Tony being of aid to Pym is financing his experiments and studies.

Funny story about this topic though, one of the directors at my agency asked me if Jarvis turns bad in Iron Man 3 since his 6-year-old daughter needed to know before she went since she didn't want to see Jarvis being a villain.

eastx

He's talking about the comics. The MCU has proven multiple times already that comic storylines don't need to be straight adapted and things can change though.

Sure, I mean they could totally **** all over Red Skull and make him a bumbling drug addict or something. But I don't see how having him play the same role in Captain America 2 as he did in the comics would hurt anything.

Wynnebeck

Banned
It's amazing how such a obscure character that is Jarvis resonates so well with the mainstream audience.

Well he's basically Tony's sidekick who is there to give him info and talk to him. He's had three movies to impress himself on folks. Him possibly turning into Ultron would automatically resonate with audiences.

Caspel

Well he's basically Tony's sidekick who is there to give him info and talk to him. He's had three movies to impress himself on folks. Him possibly turning into Ultron would automatically resonate with audiences.

There are more menacing voices for Ultron and a handful of the actors are even the better choices from the UK.

Here's a crop of them: Jeremy Irons, John Hurt, Alan Rickman, Malcolm McDowell, Bill Nighy, or even Geoffrey Rush. I don't think any of the bunch are overwhelming expensive, either. If Marvel wanted to hire an actor who could also fill in for the mo-capping, then they could chase Andy Serkis if they were willing to pay a good deal of money for his services.

Paul's voice is creepy, but I've never envisioned his voice as terrifying.

There are more menacing voices for Ultron and a handful of the actors are even the better choices from the UK.

Here's a crop of them: Jeremy Irons, John Hurt, Alan Rickman, Malcolm McDowell, Bill Nighy, or even Geoffrey Rush. I don't think any of the bunch are overwhelming expensive, either. If Marvel wanted to hire an actor who could also fill in for the mo-capping, then they could chase Andy Serkis if they were willing to pay a good deal of money for his services.

Paul's voice is creepy, but I've never envisioned his voice as terrifying.
Someone has to do it, so... Benedict Cumberbatch.

Caspel

Someone has to do it, so... Benedict Cumberbatch.

I do believe he may be commanding a high price point after Star Trek next week and The Hobbit sequels. Plus, I'm going to guess he will be wanting roles where he is both seen and heard. Majority of the actors on the list are beyond their 40's and 50's. Benedict won't have a shortage of roles for the next two years.

I do believe he may be commanding a high price point after Star Trek next week. Plus, I'm going to guess he will be wanting roles where he is both seen and heard. Majority of the actors on the list are beyond their 40's and 50's. Benedict won't have a shortage of roles for the next two years.
In that case... get Javier Bardem! Put him in Anton Chigurh mode but more evil robot...y.

Otherwise, I'd be down with Rickman or Nighy.

Or GARY OLDMAN!

Caspel

No he needs to get back to doing Sherlock, no more long breaks.

If not for him taking other roles and what not, this is priority number one.

As for Oldman, I don't see Marvel poaching a DC alum. Maybe? I love Oldman, but yeah, same thing applies to Spacey.

exYle

How would you explain said villain having the same voice as JARVIS?

Did you miss the above conversation? The suggestion for Ultron is to have JARVIS as an AI base for Pym to build off of. If Ultron is a corrupted JARVIS, then he'd have the same voice.

Only thing I want from Ant-Man in regards to the bigger MCU is a memorable Wasp and a set up for Ultron. Couldn't give a damn about the actual Ant-Man.

Also Nova on GotG would be great, but I heavily doubt they'll use him.
I think wasp is going to have really big role in antman movie, marvel, or at least feige, seem to like the idea of diversifying their movie, how cap america 2 end up a spy thriller, thor, more medieval war look. Guardian of galaxy as unique space opera. I have feeling they're gonna market ant man as superhero couple. Not just focusing mainly on antman.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Feige seems to indicate that Marvel/Disney got the rights to Elektra back along with Daredevil.

http://collider.com/avengers-2-doctor-strange-kevin-feige-interview/

Daredevil%20and%20Elektra%20back%20at%20Marvel%20Studios.jpg

FEIGE: Electra is part of the Daredevil contract, I believe. I believe, don’t quote me on that, I’d have to check with legal and it would take a long time and I’d have to get on the phone with business affairs, but I think she’s included under the Daredevil rights agreement.

Awesome.

Damn Jarvis as Ultron would really work. Pym builds the body and comes to Stark for the AI and fucks it up somehow.

Would suck to lose Jarvis but that would be a really emotional twist that I don't think a lot of non-comic readers would see coming.

I wouldn't want any big name actor dubbing Ultron. I think his voice needs to be completely robotical, no human at all. Kinda like Sovereign in Mass Effect.

If not for him taking other roles and what not, this is priority number one.

As for Oldman, I don't see Marvel poaching a DC alum. Maybe? I love Oldman, but yeah, same thing applies to Spacey.
I really doubt the studios care that an actor was in a DC movie. Especially when they aren't playing that character anymore. Again as an example, I'll point to Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern was before that and still actively trying to play Deadpool.

Damn Jarvis as Ultron would really work. Pym builds the body and comes to Stark for the AI and fucks it up somehow.

Would suck to lose Jarvis but that would be a really emotional twist that I don't think a lot of non-comic readers would see coming.

Classic Pym.

If JARVIS dies, I'll cry. I'll bawl like a baby. Not sure why.

robert-downey-junior-guuek.gif

Top Bottom