• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Hahahaha Fox would fucking shit themselves.

"No it's Extremis."

Doesn't what's-his-name say that in Iron Man 3 though? At the beginning when he's talking about how they developed it? As soon as he said that I was like, "Well, there's their loophole for using genetically modified humans in the future."

Also, this is the second time Tony has mentioned
what are they called again, life model decoys? The first one was in Avengers, and now in Iron Mar 3 he refers to Trevor as one too.
Wonder what they're setting up with that...

Since Marvel owns the TV rights to Spidey, they should have him in Agents of SHIELD. Make him a douchey ultra-hip teen skater with meticulously quaffed hair that girls totally hit on, and have Coulson just mock him whenever they cross paths. Then have one of the lesser agents take down the Rhino or Electro as a B-plot in one of the episodes.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, if they pulled that off...

mjc

Doesn't what's-his-name say that in Iron Man 3 though? At the beginning when he's talking about how they developed it? As soon as he said that I was like, "Well, there's their loophole for using genetically modified humans in the future."

Also, this is the second time Tony has mentioned
what are they called again, life model decoys? The first one was in Avengers, and now in Iron Mar 3 he refers to Trevor as one too.
Wonder what they're setting up with that...

Yeah Killian was talking about how AIM was able to unlock potentials within the brain that allowed for the human body to sustain upgrades through Extremis.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New info from Thor The Dark World
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=79351
During filming of Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World last year, Total Film visited the Asgard sets of the Alan Taylor-directed sequel in the U.K., where executive producer & Marvel Comics writer, Craig Kyle, showed them concept art and storyboards. “It’s The Empire Strikes Back,” Kyle said. “We’re travelling further out into the other worlds of the Thor saga – the further out we go the further in we have to go with the character. We spent a lot of time in the first film in the palace. This time, we are going to see where the people live and where the pubs are!” Furthermore, Craig Kyle confirmed that Thor: The Dark World will explore “Valhalla drinking dens and training centres, Vanaheim, Svartalfheim,” and get a good idea of where the two latter realms fit into the universe, which is “tilting into mayhem thanks to a busted bifrost bridge which allows new baddies, the marauders, to get a toehold in Thor’s kingdom.” Craig said, “The nice thing that Avengers did for us – besides make a lot of money – was [that it] dropped this bomb in the Marvel cinema universe and affected all of our characters in a huge way. The big event takes place and draws everybody out of their own BS, and then they have to go back to their own problems again.”

and Dominic Cooper will reprise his role as Howard Stark in Captain America The Winter Solider
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=79350

FlyFaster

Dominic Cooper will reprise his role as Howard Stark in Captain America The Winter Solider

John Slattery (of Mad Men fame) is a much better Howard Stark. Really wish they'd have gotten him full time for the role.

john-slattery-lightbox-02.jpg

Him in Iron Man 2 as Howard Stark:

Dai101

Banned
John Slattery (of Mad Men fame) is a much better Howard Stark. Really wish they'd have gotten him full time for the role.

Him in Iron Man 2 as Howard Stark:

Great Howard Stark but different era. Cooper was an excellent choice for the Howard Stark of the 40's

strobogo

Banned
The disconnect between the two Howards was off putting to me. I realize there was a time gap, but they didn't resemble each other in looks or personality at all. They seem like two different characters.

Yeah Killian was talking about how AIM was able to unlock potentials within the brain that allowed for the human body to sustain upgrades through Extremis.

See, there you go. And we know they were working with the US government on things, and who knows what SHIELD's involvement could be. Marvel could totally, totally use Extremis as a loophole to have 'mutants' in the MCU. I don't think they'd ever use the likes of Wolverine or such, or knock-off brands, but they can easily have mutant-like characters and just say they're the results of Extremis meddling.

Oh Marvel you crafty dogs.

The disconnect between the two Howards was off putting to me. I realize there was a time gap, but they didn't resemble each other in looks or personality at all. They seem like two different characters.

The Howard in IM 2 was like a Walt Disney type and the one in Captain America was just RDJ-Lite

How are Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver going to fit in with the rest of the Avengers? I mean, their backstory as mutants can't be explored in great detail, and their powers are different from the other guys...more magic based.

Just give them a vague backstory like they did for Hawkeye and Black Widow until they get the rights back to X-Men and then just retcon and be like S.H.I.E.L.D. lied to protect us!

Just give them a vague backstory like they did for Hawkeye and Black Widow until they get the rights back to X-Men and then just retcon and be like S.H.I.E.L.D. lied to protect us!

lol, they're never getting the rights back.

You could just have them be freaks of nature (only ones of their kind), story would remain the same. Or have their powers be residual effects from experimentation or something.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Yeah, but the MCU hasn't introduced magic at all... just hilariously super-advanced tech that looks like magic. It'd be a big step.

Together they fight crime!

oh please the more they make these films the more they are gonna have to let that shit go, its already a waste on Thor, the super advanced beings ...that ride horses, and survive falling into the abyss of space , yeah sure. They might as well let the asgardians / thor be what they are in the comics no one will mind, i think the reigns are a bit looser now.

AMUSIX

All they have to do is say "They were born special" and leave it. They don't need to create any more backstory to their abilities than that, and they don't need to mention their family lineage. Just have them show up in the beginning as part of some gang pulling off a crime, they get caught, turns out they're more or less orphans, and SHIELD sees potential in their powers so brings them over to the Avengers.

Cartman86

Banned
If Iron Man 3 is set during Christmas and Thor and Cap can't help Stark because they are busy in their movies. Does this mean that Thor 2 and Cap 2 are Christmas movies as well?

If Iron Man 3 is set during Christmas and Thor and Cap can't help Stark because they are busy in their movies. Does this mean that Thor 2 and Cap 2 are Christmas movies too?

Well... let's track through this.

Captain America 2 is subtitled The Winter Soldier. What else takes place during winter? Christmas. Coincidence? I think not.

Thor 2 is subtitled The Dark World. Now, in the winter, it is obvious that the nights are far longer than the days. Hence, it is definitely winter. Thus, one can conclude it is indeed close to Christmas time or Thor didn't give a fuck.

Cartman86

Banned

Captain America 2 is subtitled The Winter Soldier. What else takes place during winter? Christmas. Coincidence? I think not.

Thor 2 is subtitled The Dark World. Now, in the winter, it is obvious that the nights are far longer than the days. Hence, it is definitely winter. Thus, one can conclude it is indeed close to Christmas time or Thor didn't give a fuck.

lol I was typing up this exactly this.

Recon

Banned

Thor cant really travel between worlds that easily either way. Plus, he has God Tier shit to handle.

Gorillaz

Winter Soldier is just a term and code name for a secret russian assassin? Could be wrong.

If Iron Man 3 is set during Christmas and Thor and Cap can't help Stark because they are busy in their movies. Does this mean that Thor 2 and Cap 2 are Christmas movies as well?

Thor 2 takes place 6 months after Iron Man 3 though. Cap is likely off doing Winter Soldier things during IM3 (we've been told that we'll find out what SHIELD and Cap were doing in a later movie) but I don't really think Thor gives a shit about the President being kidnapped.

AMUSIX

I think IM3's story did a good job of explaining why the other heroes weren't involved.

When the movie starts, Tony himself isn't even involved, even though the Mandarin has been setting off explosion all over the country. Banner wouldn't be involved, since you don't want the Hulk rampaging across the US looking for things that go boom. It's too small a thing for them to call Thor in on. Cap could have been on the job, but the government has already allocated Iron Patriot to take on the Mandarin.

From the outside, the only real escalation of threat that happens is when the President is kidnapped. From that point it's only a matter of hours, if that, before the final showdown. Not really time enough to pull Cap off of whatever job he might be on (or whatever vacation he might be taking) or to call in Thor (especially since Thor still doesn't have a direct route to Earth).

I think IM3's story did a good job of explaining why the other heroes weren't involved.

When the movie starts, Tony himself isn't even involved, even though the Mandarin has been setting off explosion all over the country. Banner wouldn't be involved, since you don't want the Hulk rampaging across the US looking for things that go boom. It's too small a thing for them to call Thor in on. Cap could have been on the job, but the government has already allocated Iron Patriot to take on the Mandarin.

From the outside, the only real escalation of threat that happens is when the President is kidnapped. From that point it's only a matter of hours, if that, before the final showdown. Not really time enough to pull Cap off of whatever job he might be on (or whatever vacation he might be taking) or to call in Thor (especially since Thor still doesn't have a direct route to Earth).

What about SHIELD, Hawkeye and Widow?

What about SHIELD, Hawkeye and Widow?

hawkeye and widow(she is on a mission with cap america probably anyway) can't do anything until they know where Mandarin is. big part of the movie is trying to locate Mandarin. you can assume SHIELD is busy looking for Mandarin but got nothing.

when Tony's house is under attack, Tony is off the grid soon after that. so yeah, the big problem start since president's kidnapping and the vice president kept that under wrap.

A feel like a lot of people are also forgetting that Tony isn't a big SHIELD fan. Plus, the fact that involving them could trigger his anxiety.

Ovid

The younger Stark was a cocky upstart. The older stark was a grounded engineer with a child. The time gap was around 15-20 years. Makes total sense.

Top Bottom