• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Dai101

Banned
VtKFLNG.jpg

#CoulsonLives ¡¡¡¡

Probably Luke Cage. I have a feeling a lot of what they wanted to do in the Jessica Jones show will filter into this show and Luke Cage would definitely appear if Jessica Jones does.

Teaser looks great though, I was mostly concerned with the "look" of the show and they seem to want to keep it consistent with the movies, it just won't be bursting at the seams with CGI which is fine.

FlyFaster

still weird to me that colson lives.

hmmm... kind of ruins avengers looking back on it.

How will they explain that? kind of stupid imo.

SmithnCo

I guess they'll say that Nick Fury pulled some trickery to motivate them with Coulson's death or something. We'll see when it comes out, I hope they don't just brush it off immediately.

Welcome to comic books. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it for that very reason. In comic books, if someone is popular, you find a way to bring them back.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I suspect whether or not Coulson comes off as cheap will depend on how much of a bastard Fury is revealed to be.

My advice to Whedon would be: open up your pit of hate for characters and do your worst. Here, it is necessary.

That's gotta be Cage, unless they decide to start creating new superhumans. No-one else can jump out of a building like that.

Is that Chitauri tech I see in that trailer?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
There were hints at Fury's emotional trickery in the movie when Maria called him out on smearing blood on the cards that were in Coulson's locker.

FlyFaster

I guess they'll say that Nick Fury pulled some trickery to motivate them with Coulson's death or something. We'll see when it comes out, I hope they don't just brush it off immediately.

agreed. It's going to need some explanation. It may work it comics but regular TV viewers aren't comic book book readers. If they want this show to be a success they are going to have to address this.

agreed. It's going to need some explanation. It may work it comics but regular TV viewers aren't comic book book readers. If they want this show to be a success they are going to have to address this.

The explanation for Coulson's return is not was I am interested in seeing. I am interested in seeing how the main heroes respond to his return and how manipulative Fury was.

I just hope the explanation is different than that: http://www.slashfilm.com/want-to-know-how-agent-coulson-comes-back-in-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d/

Maybe because I don't understand
what does it matter how long he can hold his breath? He was trying to fool the medics?! And how did he stop his heart then, LOL! It was only Fury there with him and the medic team could be instructed by Fury to play along so why would he fake his death in front of him? Were there any cameras?

Basically unless they are trying to make it a mystery and/or possibly later in the season reveal a twist that makes us see his death/reappearance in a whole new light (see Locke / Flocke in LOST for example), why don't they just say "Fury lied to motivate the Avengers and that's all there is to it"?

Mariolee

I hope they ignore his death completely and play it straight as if nothing ever happened. Or, if someone brings it up, have it play out like:

INTERN: AGENT COULSON! I thought you died when Loki escaped!

COULSON: Keep up rookie, I die like 4 times a week.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Turns out Coulson in the TV series an android prototype using Coulson's brainwaves, created by Dr Henry Pym, code name "Ultron".

Top Bottom