• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

AMUSIX

Excited :D

and look at this IronMan 3 News.

The film's worldwide take now stands at $949 million.

That super hero fatigue is really setting in....

They should just never address the Loki incident, and instead have Coulson die regularly on the show...

Also, I'm thinking that's Luke Cage, although I don't understand why he's not in a gold disco shirt and a chain belt. Why can't a man have a little style???

edit: that was odd...that was an edit to my previous post...came out as a new post...

I know it's hard to judge from less than six seconds of footage, but this looks really good, stylistically. It completely fits with the whole aesthetic they've set up. Had you taken out Coulson & the SHIELD logo, I still would have been able to immediately pin this as being related to The Avengers.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Oh man. We're going to see a live action, Marvel super hero show. That isn't Spidey flying around in a helicopter!

And Cloak and Dagger better make an appearance, dammit

barrbarr

To go back to the mutant talk, why can't they go the ultimate's route, and make it so that mutants are a result of people trying to reproduce the super soldier serum. After that just don't call them mutants until Disney gets the rights back to the X-men.

DieH@rd

Banned
With J August Richards joining the show, maybe he's playing Cage?

XfAWgsE.jpg

ETA: Youtube version of preview.

I fully approve this.

Why the fuck do they have Loeb in charge of the TV unit? If anything shouldn't it be Brian Bendis considering he is the master of reviving and writing street level characters that make the most sense for TV??

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fuck do they have Loeb in charge of the TV unit? If anything shouldn't it be Brian Bendis considering he is the master of reviving and writing street level characters that make the most sense for TV??

I'm telling you the dude has mad blackmail material lying around somewhere.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Question: Would anyone be interested in a ABC Family show around Hercules and Amadeus Cho? They're already doing Mockingbird for ABC Family, but they could play up the youth and humor of the Hercules / Cho combo on ABC Family.

I don't see Hercules having his own film, but I would like to see him show up somewhere in the MCU.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Question: Would anyone be interested in a ABC Family show around Hercules and Amadeus Cho? They're already doing Mockingbird for ABC Family, but they could play up the youth and humor of the Hercules / Cho combo on ABC Family.

I don't see Hercules having his own film, but I would like to see him show up somewhere in the MCU.

There is a Hercules movie in pre-production now.

No way Marvel does another version

nomis

I guess the upside of Avengers having a "lol it looks like teevee" look is that this SHIELD teaser looks like B-roll from the film.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
So apparently the little kid from Iron Man 3 signed a 3 picture deal with Marvel.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/05/1...simpkins-talks-cut-kiss-scene-3-picture-deal/

ComicBook.com: They leave you pretty wide open. Do you have an idea of where you’d like him to be in a few years?
Simpkins: Well, I actually never thought about that but we did read an article–have you ever heard about the comic book Nova? We read an article about how Harley might be my middle name and Keener could be my mom’s maiden name and my dad could have joined the Nova Corps–then my real name’s Richie and I actually figure it out because my mom gets killed by an alien, then I figure out that my dad joined the Nova Corps, and I join the Nova Corps and I become Nova.

Nova_2_SecondPrint.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wait... They turned Nova into a kid? Last I saw of him was the Annihilation stuff (which was fucking awesome) and he wasn't a snot nosed brat.

Mafro

Wait... They turned Nova into a kid? Last I saw of him was the Annihilation stuff (which was fucking awesome) and he wasn't a snot nosed brat.
He was so badass throughout that entire Marvel Cosmic run. The really annoying thing is that (Thanos Imperative SPOILERS)
him and Star Lord basically sacrificed themselves fighting Thanos to trap him in the Cancerverse. Brian Michael Bendis brought back Star Lord and Thanos when he was writing Avengers Assemble without any explanation of how they are still alive, how they escaped and how they made it out but Richard Rider apparently didn't.

Jeph Loeb created this new shitty Nova who appears to be named after his dead son.

TDLink

You're right. This new kid Nova is garbage that Jeph Loeb is trying to shove down peoples' throats. Which is too bad considering Richard Rider (the real Nova) is one of the coolest comic book characters.

All that being said, I am still confident we will get the right Nova in the MCU and this kid will not be Nova (nor will the Nova we get be a kid). They haven't screwed up the movie versions of any of the other heroes. No reason we should think they will here.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
He was so badass throughout that entire Marvel Cosmic run. The really annoying thing is that (Thanos Imperative SPOILERS)
him and Star Lord basically sacrificed themselves fighting Thanos to trap him in the Cancerverse. Brian Michael Bendis brought back Star Lord and Thanos when he was writing Avengers Assemble without any explanation of how they are still alive, how they escaped and how they made it out but Richard Rider apparently didn't.

Jeph Loeb created this new shitty Nova who appears to be named after his dead son.

I think Richard was Nova in the AvX storyline.
He got fucked up but didn't die

Sam is Nova in the Ultimate Spiderman show. He's an annoying prick. More than Hawkeye could ever be.

Cartman86

Banned

As long as Loeb isn't part of creative I think he's in a good position. He knows a lot of people and is probably a good fit for getting them on board to actually run the shows.

Top Bottom