• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

AMUSIX

I have a feeling anyone who plays any part of significance in a Marvel film has 3 pictures worked into their contract. Or course, that clause might get knocked down by a lot of agents, but in the case of this kid, it probably stayed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So apparently the little kid from Iron Man 3 signed a 3 picture deal with Marvel.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/05/1...simpkins-talks-cut-kiss-scene-3-picture-deal/

Nova_2_SecondPrint.jpg
HOLY FUCK PLEASE NO

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN

This needs a thread instead of people making a MCU thread for every goddamn whisper related to the MCU.

TDLink

"Don't touch Lola."

Is Luke Cage really in this?

J August Richards is a main cast member. They are not revealing his character name. It has been hinted he is a pre-existing Marvel character, unlike the rest. In the promo he is displaying abilities like that of Luke Cage.

Therefore, it is very possible Luke Cage is a main character in this series.

Dai101

Banned
J August Richards is a main cast member. They are not revealing his character name. It has been hinted he is a pre-existing Marvel character, unlike the rest. In the promo he is displaying abilities like that of Luke Cage.

Maybe not main but a recurrent one, also DAMN IT!!!!! Need some lesser superheroes in this, even if it's just a scene or two!!

FlyFaster

So I was just shaving and thought of something.

Someone here said Dominic Cooper is going to reprise his role as Howard Stark in the Captain America 2 movie.

How is this possible? I'm only seeing 2 scenarios

1) The movie takes place in the past.

-Nope. The first movie we see that he is frozen in ice up until the events of the avengers.

2) The movie takes place in the present, post avengers.

-Nope. Howard Stark is dead in the present.

Not sure what Dominic Cooper is actually going to do if, in fact, he is in the movie. In a memory? What memory? In the first movie we saw them and the time they spent together, it wasn't much. Cap spent most of his time doing those Army Shows.

It's been bugging me for the last 20 mins.

Is there something I'm missing?

Maddocks

Someone here said Dominic Cooper is going to reprise his role as Howard Stark in the Captain America 2 movie.

-Nope. The first movie we see that he is frozen in ice up until the events of the avengers.

Not sure what Dominic Cooper is actually going to do if, in fact, he is in the movie. In a memory? What memory? In the first movie we saw them and the time they spent together, it wasn't much. Cap spent most of his time doing those Army Shows.

It's been bugging me for the last 20 mins.

Is there something I'm missing?

film reel? like how he left a message for tony in iron man 2. Maybe he leaves one for shield or captain if he was ever found or something.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby

T'would be a great setup for AKA Jessica Jones next year.

Man, I really hope this show becomes the launching pad for some street-level heroes like Iron Fist and DD.

By the time a hypothetical Nova movie comes out Olyphant would be in his late 40s. Use your imagination to think of another, younger actor. You can do it.

I'm not sure I can even dignify that with a response. What young whippersnapper has that much goddamn swagger?

I MEAN, LOOK AT HIM!

timothyolyphant-9f4f_c6r5r.jpg

That's this year.

Blader

uhh, flashback?

FlyFaster

Ya, I guess a flashback could work.

But it's going to be pretty tight where they fit it in. We saw Captain America inthe first movie and there really aren't any large time gaps in it where we don't know where Cap is.

I *guess* a film reel could do.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
But it's going to be pretty tight where they fit it in. We saw Captain America inthe first movie and there really aren't any large time gaps in it where we don't know where Cap is.

In that montage he took down a few Hydra bases across Europe, there's plenty of times they can flash to.

Dai101

Banned
If i recall correctly it was almost a year since Steve was recognized as the Capt until he got frozen. So, we can have a few flashbacks i guess

Blader

Aside from the whole war :lol

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Actually in the second half of The First Avenger indicates that alot of time has passed after Cap rescues Bucky and the he seems to have participated in alot of missions during the time. It's just that the crappy editing didn't make this apparent.

FlyFaster

Actually in the second half of The First Avenger indicates that alot of time has passed after Cap rescues Bucky and the he seems to have participated in alot of missions during the time. It's just that the crappy editing didn't make this apparent.

maybe that's what it is. I watched it a little while ago on netflix.

By the time a hypothetical Nova movie comes out Olyphant would be in his late 40s. Use your imagination to think of another, younger actor. You can do it.

Why settle for the rest when you can get the best? Motherfucker makes the Canadian Tuxedo look good. I'll give him the role just for that.

mjc

Eh. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, he IS expendable.

But at the same time, part of the fun of the MCU is how consistent everything is, actor wise. So...:/

True...its a bit of a catch 22. There was that bit of uncertainty anyways with Renner wanting to take a break from acting for awhile...so this kinda makes sense.

Give Clint the keys to the small screen kingdom. Get Supernatural guy to play him.

Have him play off Taskmaster as the key bad guy.

Things are da bess.

Top Bottom