• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

HOLY FUCK PLEASE NO

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN

This needs a thread instead of people making a MCU thread for every goddamn whisper related to the MCU.

I'm quite sure it won't happen, at least before they know how guardians performed and if it would be sensible to do a second cosmic marvel movie. And if it will happen at this point, the boy will be around 15-16 when Nova becomes a reality and he is still in the running. And he talked about Richie Rider and not about Sam Alexander, which would make me half okay with the situation. Despite liking the Richie as Nova - THIS IS FOR NOVA CORPS!!!!! - Prime better than his young warriors incarnation.

S1kkZ

do you guys think marvel/disney would make some direct to video sequels/spin-offs?
one one hand, i hope they dont. but it could give some of the side characters (like hawkeye. lets face it: he will never get his own big budget movie ) a place to shine.

That is so awful, hahaha.

Why Hawkeye is not a part of Phase 2 and could be recast

Because he criticized Marvel for his role in the Avengers, it looks like they're giving him the boot.

8xvp6u.jpg.gif

If they recast Hawkeye for the TV Show, I guess I wouldn't mind. More than anything i would love a fraction/aja adaptation miniseries.

YES!

New footage of Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie shooting Cap 2 in DC:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...207347421.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand

Evans looks to be in better shape than he was in Avengers.

He seems a fair bit slimmer than in The First Avenger though, understandable of course since that regime made him sick.

If they recast Hawkeye for the TV Show, I guess I wouldn't mind. More than anything i would love a fraction/aja adaptation miniseries.

Time for Jensen Ackles to step in?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Yesssssss, recast Hawkeye, make him funnier and more likable, and spin him into the TV stuff with a loose adaption of Fraction's current awesome comic run of him.

I liked Renner as Hawkeye once he was back to normal. :/

Oh well, no doubt there's like a hundred actors who could do the role just as well. Maybe they'll even cast someone blond this time!

anaron

I can't stand the way some people actually advocate for recasting when it should almost always be a last resort. When you're establishing a shared, realized universe, the people that appear in it should kinda be consistent.

Renner wouldn't have been my first choice for the role, but he was completely serviceable in it and had great chemistry with ScarJo. Leave it alone.

Err, I think he's not in phase 2 because he's taking a break from acting for a while.

Oh yeah, I remember this. Yeah, he'll back from Avengers 3, probably.

I'd love it if Avengers 2 has a scene where Hawkeye comes out of nowhere to rescue Cap or someone, though. Don't tell anyone he's in it.

Wag

So if Odin left the Tesseract on Earth 600yrs ago, where was it before that? Asgard? (I don't recall why he put it on Earth to begin with.)

So if Odin left the Tesseract on Earth 600yrs ago, where was it before that? Asgard? (I don't recall why he put it on Earth to begin with.)

I thought it was lost when Odin fought frost giants on earth. humans found them and hide them since. Red Skull finds it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
100% this. If next Hawkguy isn't based on the Fraction/Aja series I don't really care. Would love it if they got some unknown to play the part and make cameos in the Shield TV series as an Avengers representative, then eventually have him in the movies.

f1BnfLJ.png

100% this. If next Hawkguy isn't based on the Fraction/Aja series I don't really care. Would love it if they got some unknown to play the part and make cameos in the Shield TV series as an Avengers representative, then eventually have him in the movies.

f1BnfLJ.png

Only way to fly.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I'll miss Renner Hawkeye but at the same time I think I'd welcome a new actor/character.

The problem was never Renner's acting, just the written material he had to work with. They should be trying to rewrite him rather than recast, but either way, having new actors for Hulk and War Machine (while better) doesn't inspire much confidence regarding their first choices or decisions. Especially not if they're just going to reboot on themselves.

New Hawkeye would be awesome in SHIELD though, defo.

Isn't Renner already filming a new movie? So his break wasn't that long.

And the new SHIELD series isn't exactly gonna make it easier for people to overlook the absence of other heroes in the stand alone movies.

JeTmAn81

So I was browsing the Wikipedia page for the next Captain America movie, and apparently Batroc the Leaper is in it? I had no idea. This is going to be amazing...

batroctheleaper__span.jpg__span.jpg

Nesotenso

Jonogunn

I can't stand the way some people actually advocate for recasting when it should almost always be a last resort. When you're establishing a shared, realized universe, the people that appear in it should kinda be consistent.

Renner wouldn't have been my first choice for the role, but he was completely serviceable in it and had great chemistry with ScarJo. Leave it alone.

This.

I'm still annoyed by the recasting of norton. Nothing against with ruffalo but I hated that they changed a major player of the team.

Also the Incredible Hulk was already under most people's radar when it comes to the mcu franchise. With the changed actor most people don't even know that movie was connected to the rest.

Also changing war machine was a bit annoying but not so much.

Wish they stuck with a no namer for hawkeye from the beginning.

anaron

This.

I'm still annoyed by the recasting of norton. Nothing against with ruffalo but I hated that they changed a major player of the team.

Also the Incredible Hulk was already under most people's radar when it comes to the mcu franchise. With the changed actor most people don't even know that movie was connected to the rest.

I can let Ruffalo's addition slide because he made such a wonderful impression as Banner and with Norton being a difficult control freak, the situation actually did warrant him being recast.

This.

I'm with anaron, cause the Norton/Ruffalo switch-up actually was for the better.

People post on here about women like Elsa. About hitting it like the fist of an angry god. Hemsworth literally does hit it like the fist of an angry god, because he is one.

J10

Banned
Marvel’s ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Trailer Screencaps: What Super Secrets Are Revealed?

It's cool that they appear to be working in lost/scavenged Chitauri technology from the invasion in The Avengers. The cleanup after such an event wouldn't be too tidy and it's definitely the kind of subject matter better fit for a procedural show rather than a movie. Hoping we get a cool X-Files-esque autopsy scene with one of the Chitauri. Could be cool if they bring in the characters from Item 47 at some point as well.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Elsa would make a fantastic Ms/Captain Marvel :D

AVSM9Cover.jpg

HOPEFULLY Phase 3 will have more Kree stuff and thus her.

Dai101

Banned
Question.
I've re watched Captain America i don't know how many times now but, did we get a name for the redhead agent that Steve wakes with in the present? Or just is for him to wake to some familiar face?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
SCOOP: CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER to Have More Car Action Than Any Marvel Studios Movie Yet

Cap2SHIELD.jpg

Now that Iron Man 3 is bringing in the cash by the millions and the marketing campaign for Thor: The Dark World is set to begin. Marvel Studios is currently filming Captain America: The Winter Soldier in Los Angeles, Washington D.C. right now; and in Cleveland next week.

Per two sources, one being a city government official and the other is close to someone working with the production, there will be a tremendous amount of car action scenes filmed for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, in Cleveland. So much that the source said its more vehicle action "than in all previous Marvel Studios films combined."

Having a focus on heroes and agents who cannot fly, with the exception of the Falcon, it's no surprise that there will be a ton of vehicle action in the Cap sequel. A heavy presence by S.H.I.E.L.D. means lots of agents chasing villainy throughout the film.

The Daily SuperHero has already previously confirmed that the 3.5 miles of Shoreway closure in Cleveland—during the first half of June—will have a big car chase scene shot on it. Also confirmed today are three more car action sequences to be filmed on streets of Downtown Cleveland. Specifically, East 9th St., Prospect Ave. and Euclid Ave. These new locations will have multiple blocks of the street shut down for multiple days in order to film crashes, car action with the cars being pummeled with bullets, explosions and perhaps a motorcycle or two.

According to a recently released concept art image—see that image below—Captain America and the Winter Soldier look to be battling on a highway (or bridge) and its probably going to be on the Shoreway which will act as D.C.'s Roosevelt Bridge. The Shoreway can serve as both highway and bridge seeing as how the closed off stretch of highway, in Cleveland, is also part bridge.

I'll miss Renner Hawkeye but at the same time I think I'd welcome a new actor/character.

The problem was never Renner's acting, just the written material he had to work with. They should be trying to rewrite him rather than recast, but either way, having new actors for Hulk and War Machine (while better) doesn't inspire much confidence regarding their first choices or decisions. Especially not if they're just going to reboot on themselves.

New Hawkeye would be awesome in SHIELD though, defo.
Fraction's Hawkeye screams for a TV series. It does not really have to do anything with superheores etc., it is mostly his normal life. It'd fit. I hope there will be an Agent Of Shield Hawkeye special episode.

Top Bottom