• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
In FF6 and Marvel related news, Chris Hemsworth is a lucky man to be married to this woman.

image-1-1341509.jpg
image-1-1341508.jpg

Elsa looks so different without her natural wavy hair.

Would still smang, of course.

She's was terrible in Fast 5

Oddly enough, she's fairly decent in her Spanish films.

My friends, today a question occurred to me. Why is it that this is the closest thing we have to a dedicated comics discussion thread? Why can we not get something going on in Community? I was just reading Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 23 today and found out that Miles Morales' designated love interest is apparently
Kate Bishop
and I wanted to discuss my WTF reaction with GAF but have nowhere to do so.

Oddly enough, she's fairly decent in her Spanish films.
Your testosterone is betraying you. She's an awful actress. The only reason her Spanish films are worth taking a look at is the chance of seeing her naked and fucking.

She's very hot, though. I remember getting the FHM that had her on the cover. I still have it somewhere.

My friends, today a question occurred to me. Why is it that this is the closest thing we have to a dedicated comics discussion thread? Why can we not get something going on in Community? I was just reading Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 23 today and found out that Miles Morales' designated love interest is apparently
Kate Bishop
and I wanted to discuss my WTF reaction with GAF but have nowhere to do so.
There's a comics thread brah....

Here's some more about the Hayley Atwell / Peggy Carter short:

Fans of the first film really wanted to find out what happened to Peggy afterwards, so Marvel are also making a short film, which is basically ‘What Peggy Did Next’, which will be shown at Comic-Con [the annual international pop culture convention held in San Diego] and be on the DVD extras of the second film.

from this article.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Reading the above just makes me want a "Hawkeye's Day Off" short- a word for word scene for scene retelling of Fraction/Aja's #1 :(

The Comics OT's never get big enough to justify a move to community. There's only a handful of regular posters.

I wonder why.

"Octopus replacing Spider-Man is stupid and the sort of stupid shit that made me stop reading comics"

"Wow you've obviously never read a comic"

"wow wtf gtfo troll"

"There's comics other than Spider-Man, you know???"

The Comics OT's never get big enough to justify a move to community. There's only a handful of regular posters.

Just speculation on my part, but there might be more interest if it wasn't just a monthly thing but opened up to the entire breadth of the medium like the Manga OT.

ReiGun

I wonder why.

"Octopus replacing Spider-Man is stupid and the sort of stupid shit that made me stop reading comics"

"Wow you've obviously never read a comic"

"wow wtf gtfo troll"

"There's comics other than Spider-Man, you know???"
Yeah, every non-comic-gaf comic thread is shit. lol Though, we'd probably do better for ourselves if we didn't only make threads for the ridiculous shit in comics.:p

Just speculation on my part, but there might be more interest if it wasn't just a monthly thing but opened up to the entire breadth of the medium like the Manga OT.

The threads are about the entire medium. It's just everyone is so convinced we're only willing to talk about DC/Marvel that they never post in there. As for the monthly thing, I rather like it monthly, since Spike makes those amazing OP's highlighting books being released each month from the major publishers. It's a good way to find new stuff and that might be lost unless he updated the op every month.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, it's like the iOS and Steam threads in the sense that they're not in the community tab but they function as if they were since no one ever sticks to talking about what's strictly being released that month (and they shouldn't). It's the same kind of free for all, the only difference being the spiced up OTs, and when the month changes the link to the next thread is usually posted at the end of the defunct one so the transition is seamless.

Yeah, every non-comic-gaf comic thread is shit. lol Though, we'd probably do better for ourselves if we didn't only make threads for the ridiculous shit in comics.:p
lol all of them become "I'm so glad I quit comics: the thread".

The threads are about the entire medium. It's just everyone is so convinced we're only willing to talk about DC/Marvel that they never post in there. As for the monthly thing, I rather like it monthly, since Spike makes those amazing OP's highlighting books being released each month from the major publishers. It's a good way to find new stuff and that might be lost unless he updated the op every month.
When I mean the entire medium I don't mean by pubisher, I mean chronologically. Doing it by month kind of shepherds the discussion in one direction and it isn't an accessible format for newcomers. If someone is curious about manga they can drop in that thread any time and ask questions, if someone wants to ask about comics they have to make their own thread.

I'm just saying, I wanted to talk comics today and I couldn't find the place to do it even after a search so there might be benefits to a permanent community thread.

ReiGun

When I mean the entire medium I don't mean by pubisher, I mean chronologically. Doing it by month kind of shepherds the discussion in one direction and it isn't an accessible format for newcomers. If someone is curious about manga they can drop in that thread any time and ask questions, if someone wants to ask about comics they have to make their own thread.

I'm just saying, I wanted to talk comics today and I couldn't find the place to do it even after a search so there might be benefits to a permanent community thread.

Not really. If you want to talk comics (anything comics) with comic-gaf, just drop in the thread and say something. The thread is usually on the first to third pages, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

I just don't see the benefit in having what is already a tiny community with tiny threads being shipped off to the community graveyard.

lol all of them become "I'm so glad I quit comics: the thread".

Or "This is why I only read indie/manga." lol

I'm not sure I want someone who's been on a magazine with "GREAT BUTT" written next to her with an arrow pointing at her ass to be the first MCU female superhero.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
^^ NICE!!

Cleveland? LOL, not even SHIELD and Captain America dare to set foot in Detroit!!

hahahahahaa..oh wait , they were going to shoot there but the Gov of MI gutted the film credits program so they chose CLE as their next option. Oh but no youre right its cause they're so scared ...after 30 other movies filmed there including Transformers which is filming there again so Bay can finish off Prime with his own two hands and have the matrix of leadership all to himself.

Off Topic question I guess, but does anyone here own the Marvel Phase 1 collected blu-ray box? I mean the one with the suitcase. I want to know if the blu-rays are region free... so I can get it.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New on set photos for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, featuring familiar faces:

It's Garry Shandling as Senator Stern from Iron Man 2!

I wonder if this means if President Ellis from IM3 will show up as well?

shield

All this continuity stuff is what I love about the MCU so much.

Nice to see Jasper Sitwell have a decent sized role too, hope he and Agent Blake make appearances in Agents of SHIELD.

Nakazato

I maybe the only one but i want to see MoDoK in this universe. But I have a feeling even if we did see him he would be taken out with in 10 mins.

TDLink

All this continuity stuff is what I love about the MCU so much.

Nice to see Jasper Sitwell have a decent sized role too, hope he and Agent Blake make appearances in Agents of SHIELD.

I think Sitwell's actor confirmed he will be a guest in the SHIELD show. Not sure about Agent Blake.

bryanee

Finally got to see Iron Man 3 in a nice empty cinema. It wasn't bad at all.

I'm not sure it was supposed to make me laugh but I couldn't help it when you see Iron Man doing the Flying V from Mighty Ducks with a bunch of falling passengers.

I do find it a bummer that Hawkeye might actually be disappearing from the films. I hope that's not the case, especially after they worked hard to establish a rapport and a history between him and Black Widow.

Gartooth

I do find it a bummer that Hawkeye might actually be disappearing from the films. I hope that's not the case, especially after they worked hard to establish a rapport and a history between him and Black Widow.

That character honestly got the worst deal out of all the main characters of the MCU. If it comes down to it, Marvel better just recast Hawkeye and try to start anew with the character rather than shelving him entirely.

shield

That character honestly got the worst deal out of all the main characters of the MCU. If it comes down to it, Marvel better just recast Hawkeye and try to start anew with the character rather than shelving him entirely.

Instead of recasting and pretending nothing happened, I'd rather they kill off Renner's Hawkeye and introduce another bloke that takes up the name 'Hawkeye'. Make it a an arc in the TV show or something.

I'm a total sucker for continuity...

Top Bottom