• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How powerful is Ultron?

Can he match the Avengers and thier very powerful abilities

His power level has varied over the years, at his most powerful he was a galactic level thread that presented real issues for Cosmic Marvel.

So yea, he's a credible threat.

Vibranium

Banned
I feel like Cap 2 will finally do justice to the character. Evans is a great actor and he'll have the support of ScarJo. Give him a good script and magic will happen.

Don't forgot Sebastian Stan, his 6-movie deal suggests Marvel has bigger plans for Winter Soldier in the future too, I'm quite optimistic they won't pull an Iron Man 3 alteration to his character or kill him off. It'd be amazing if Bucky appeared in SHIELD too, Stan was in television before so I'm sure he'd love to make an appearance if asked.

I like how passionate he's about the character, dude apparently looked at Cold War docs/spy movies and researched brainwashing techniques.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=84331

This suggests that the Cold War/Russia will still be a big part of Bucky's past, I'm interested to see how they adapt the cryo-freezing thing though.

I'm still salty in The First Avenger how they made HYDRA a Red Skull organzation instead of him being Hitler's Nazi right-hand man which is he should have been, for the merchandising toys they could have just replaced the swastikas with that logo so they'd avoid controversy. I would have made Hydra a smaller tech company based out of Japan (like they should have been) who were under Skull's eye, but not a massive bloody army (think WWII AIM).

And Evans nailed Cap in the first movie perfectly, it wasn't his fault that the second half of the movie when Steve went overseas was so lackluster (I have so many ideas on how they could have fixed it, as I mentioned above). The Human Torch easter egg was amazing though.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Don't forgot Sebastian Stan, his 6-movie deal suggests Marvel has bigger plans for Winter Soldier in the future too, I'm quite optimistic they won't pull an Iron Man 3 alteration to his character or kill him off. It'd be amazing if Bucky appeared in SHIELD too, Stan was in television before so I'm sure he'd love to make an appearance if asked.
I wonder if Marvel can use part of those multi-movie deals to put some of these actors in the show. Would one episode = one movie? Hmm.. Might be worth it to connect the universe a little bit, if the storyline was good enough.

J10

Banned
The Stark Expo at the beginning of Captain America had the original android Human Torch on display.

captain-america-the-first-avenger-20110728031253650-000.jpg

That Human Torch was an ally to Cap in the comics, predating Johnny Storm by a couple decades.

Vibranium

Banned
The Stark Expo at the beginning of Captain America had the original android Human Torch on display.

captain-america-the-first-avenger-20110728031253650-000.jpg

That Human Torch was an ally to Cap in the comics, predating Johnny Storm by a couple decades.

Thanks for filling in for me with a picture haha, I probably should have posted a link to the egg.

By the way, there's also an Armin Zola robot body blueprints egg, only hardcore Cap fans would get it though: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/news/?a=48984

Obviously he's going to appear in The Winter Soldier in a different fashion of some sort, we have no idea what it'll be though.

I find it cool that Toby Jones asked Marvel personally to come back in the sequel, the only dick in the TFA cast was Weaving who's done with blockbusters now. He was a disappointing Skull anyways so if they recast him using the "new body" route hopefully we get a major improvement (not quite sure if he's Redford or not),

Vibranium

Banned
I wonder if Marvel can use part of those multi-movie deals to put some of these actors in the show. Would one episode = one movie? Hmm.. Might be worth it to connect the universe a little bit, if the storyline was good enough.

I don't think the movie deals work like that unfortunately. I do think it would be pretty easy to get Stan signed to the show after The Winter Soldier for a number of episodes though, being a smaller-time actor he's always looking for work.

And yeah, Bucky worked for SHIELD/underground with Fury in the comics (until his ongoing series was cancelled...for now) after Steve restored his memories so it's easy to tell some good stories with him.

I guess I'm not totally mad about Tony Stark creating Ultron in the MCU.

Hank is one of my favorite characters in Marvel, and creating Ultron and atoning for it is a big park of his character. With that said though, its probably a good thing that they arent introducing his character and having him immediately almost doom the earth.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
David Conrad Joins Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Top Secret Role

TVLine is reporting that "Ghost Whisperer" star David Conrad has just landed a recurring role on the upcoming "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." As with J. August Richards' casting, the role is being kept a secret for the time being, but the site notes that Conrad fits the type for a character the show was looking to cast described as "a brilliant and quirky scientist." Who do you think Conrad is playing?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=107231

---

In a perfect world where wishes were granted, I'd love for him to be playing Pym to set up Ultron for Avengers 2 through the TV show, but I realize there's no way this will happen. I highly doubt an actor from The Ghost Whisperer would be headlining the Ant-Man movie too.

So... when's this happening?

It just happened this past week. Kinda misleading as there really wasn't anything exclusive. It was just an SDCC wrap up with a couple interviews. I think the thing about a connection and deep history between Ming Na's character and Coulson on Agents of Shield was new. It was also fun to see Pratt gush and praise Rocket Raccoon as being the best thing about Guardians. If they do more specials like this, I don't think there's any way it'll fail.

anaron

Bigger version
BQl4jUVCQAMmwSr.jpg

Looks awesome, I cant wait to see it. Ecclestone looks mega evil :D
I'd like this if weren't almost a complete replica of Iron Man 3's, even continuing the dumb submissive lead female pose.

Ugh. That comic-con one sheet is far superior.

J10

Banned
I just heard Alec Baldwin on Howard Stern say that he had to turn down a villain role for an upcoming Marvel film.

Who the hell could he have played?

TDLink

I just heard Alec Baldwin on Howard Stern say that he had to turn down a villain role for an upcoming Marvel film.

Who the hell could he have played?

Rumor is it was Bolivar Trask in Days of Future Past. The role is being played by Peter Dinklage.

So how does the Marvel list goes from here?
• Thor 2
• Cap 2
• Gotg
• Ant man 2014
• Hulk 2 2014?
• ???
• Avengers: AoU 2015

I'm guesstimating here. Please correct it.

Showaddy

• Thor 2
• Cap 2
• Gotg
• Ant man 2014
• Hulk 2 2014?
• ???

GOTG is the last phase 2 film before A: AoU. Then it Ant-Man in 2015. Nothing else has been confirmed for phase 3 but the closest thing we've got to a lock is Dr. Strange.

Another Marvel Cosmic film, whether it's GOTG 2, Nova or whatever is probably a safe bet as well since they've spoken a lot about building the Cosmic side of the MCU.

• Thor 2
• Cap 2
• Gotg
• Ant man 2014
• Hulk 2 2014?
• ???

You're way off. Hulk 2 doesn't exist. :p

-Thor: Dark World (this November)
-Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April/May 2014)
-Guardians of the Galaxy (Aug 2014)
-Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
-Ant-Man (2015)
-Untitled (2016)
-Untitled (2016)
-Untitled (2017)

TDLink

• Thor 2
• Cap 2
• Gotg
• Ant man 2014
• Hulk 2 2014?
• ???

My guesses (with confirmed release dates):

Thor: The Dark World (November 2013) - Confirmed
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 2014) - Confirmed
Guardians of the Galaxy (August 2014) - Confirmed
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 2015) - Confirmed

Ant Man (November 2015 - Confirmed; but may get moved up to July/August to get away from James Bond)
Doctor Strange (May 2016)
Nova (July 2016)
Thor 3 (November 2016)
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (May 2017)
Black Panther (2017)
Captain America 3 (2017)
Avengers 3 (2018)

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Don't see antman getting a huge budget. Doesn't strike me as a blockbuster. Also with so many marvel movies, won't people get burnt out?

Don't see antman getting a huge budget. Doesn't strike me as a blockbuster. Also with so many marvel movies, won't people get burnt out?

Edgar Wright doesn't require huge budgets.

Also, the past two Marvel movies broke a billion apiece. I don't think they're unduly sweating about burnout.

Uncle

If they keep them distinct enough in style from each other, I doubt they'll have to worry about that. Well, not until people no longer want to see superhero flicks.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I hope one day Marvel Cinematic Universe will one day include Cosmo, Nova, Inhumans, S.W.O.R.D, and Kree within their cosmic dealings.

Does anyone know if the Shiar are a part of the X-Men licensing with Fox? I would love to see Gladiator make an appearance in the future.

I hope one day Marvel Cinematic Universe will one day include Cosmo, Nova, Inhumans, S.W.O.R.D, and Kree within their cosmic dealings.

Does anyone know if the Shiar are a part of the X-Men licensing with Fox? I would love to see Gladiator make an appearance in the future.
I have some possible good news for you my friend.

CazXi.png

GOTG is the last phase 2 film before A: AoU. Then it Ant-Man in 2015. Nothing else has been confirmed for phase 3 but the closest thing we've got to a lock is Dr. Strange.

Another Marvel Cosmic film, whether it's GOTG 2, Nova or whatever is probably a safe bet as well since they've spoken a lot about building the Cosmic side of the MCU.

You're way off. Hulk 2 doesn't exist. :p

-Thor: Dark World (this November)
-Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April/May 2014)
-Guardians of the Galaxy (Aug 2014)
-Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
-Ant-Man (2015)
-Untitled (2016)
-Untitled (2016)
-Untitled (2017)

My guesses (with confirmed release dates):

Thor: The Dark World (November 2013) - Confirmed
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 2014) - Confirmed
Guardians of the Galaxy (August 2014) - Confirmed
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 2015) - Confirmed

Ant Man (November 2015 - Confirmed; but may get moved up to July/August to get away from James Bond)
Doctor Strange (May 2016)
Nova (July 2016)
Thor 3 (November 2016)
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (May 2017)
Black Panther (2017)
Captain America 3 (2017)
Avengers 3 (2018)
No Hulk 2? Make me cray..
Since Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver will be in Avengers 2, what're the chances of other Allies appearing to AID the Avengers? Maybe Spiderman, Wolverine, War Machine, Ultron (before Rampancy), and Etc.

gerg

Since Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver will be in Avengers 2, what're the chances of other Allies appearing to AID the Avengers? Maybe Spiderman, Wolverine, War Machine, Ultron (before Rampancy), and Etc.

Much more remote. The rights to Spider-Man (and other affiliated characters) are owned by Sony, and the rights to the X-Men (and their affiliated characters) are owned by Fox. (The rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are rather special, in that they come under both the Avengers and X-Men licenses.) Until those rights return to Marvel (which will most likely never happen), or the different companies come to some kind of licensing agreement, characters such as Spider-Man and Wolverine cannot appear in an Avengers film.

Much more remote. The rights to Spider-Man (and other affiliated characters) are owned by Sony, and the rights to the X-Men (and their affiliated characters) are owned by Fox. (The rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are rather special, in that they come under both the Avengers and X-Men licenses.) Until those rights return to Marvel (which will most likely never happen), or the different companies come to some kind of licensing agreement, characters such as Spider-Man and Wolverine cannot appear in an Avengers film.
Welp crap. I forgot about the rights owned by Sony & Fox to those characters. Would this still apply in an Avengers Animated movie?

Top Bottom