• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

From May 2012. Let's see if I was right on any part of it. And I cannot be the only person that thought of it either.

I just figured they'd use Pym as SHIELD's behind the scenes science guy. He could be part of the operation to turn Stark Tower into Avengers Tower, where he'd access Jarvis like you mentioned.

Skab

Reading an IGN article about the Guardians stuff at the panel and

And Hounsou slipped-up at one point and said that his character works with Thanos in the film. Oh, so Thanos is in Guardians then? Oh man, Feige's not gonna like that reveal!

Whoops.

Also looks like Star-Lord will in fact have his helmet

The practical make-up on Gamora and Drax also nails the look of the comics, and we even got a glimpse of Star-Lord in his famed helmet at one point.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/21/comic-con-first-guardians-of-the-galaxy-footage-shown

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Holy shit, the Thor panel was FUCKING AWESOME. Hiddleston came in full Loki garb and keep it in character through the whole thing.

"I am Loki! Of Asgard! I am burdened with glorious purpose. Stand back, you mewling quim. The bright year of freedom diminishes your life's joy in mad scramble for a place in his chamber. In this meager palace of Midgard, the arena they call Hall H. You should have let me rule you when you had the chance. Yet here you are! Kneel! Your ears yearn for untold stories. Your eyes crave unseen sights... your imaginations ache and hunger. Where are your Avengers now? Claim loyalty to me and I will give you what you need." And he made the crowd shout his name again and again. Then he said, "It seems I have an army."

F3z9F2X.jpg

This fucking man.

J10

Banned
Um.... can we talk about this scene description from Winter Soldier?

We saw a complete scene, which was very reminiscent of one of the best moments from Drive. Captain America gets into an elevator at SHIELD headquarters, and then Crossbones (Frank Grillo) gets in with him, with a couple of other guys, all heading for Operations. They're talking about spy stuff, but Cap notices they have their guns out. And then a bunch of guys in suits get in, heading for Operations. And there's something hinky about them, too. Someone says "fuck you contract," randomly.

Even more guys get into the elevator and say "Records." And then Cap is surrounded by a ton of guys. In a small glass elevator. He's massively outnumbered in a tiny space.

Cap says, "Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Nobody does. They attack, and he hits emergency stop, and all of these guys are trying to kill him at once. There's a wristband which is magnetized, and it gets attached to the wall of the elevator, and then Cap's wrist is stuck in it so he's fighting with one hand trapped. He basically kicks the hell out of all these guys, using their own weapons against them. It's amazing. Eventually Captain America gets his wrist free so he can fight two-handed.

At last, it's just Cap and Crossbones, who says "it's nothing personal." He tases Cap over and over again, and Cap just keeps coming. Cap throws him into the ceiling. Cap is standing in the elevator, surrounded by prone bodies and broken glass, and he reaches down to grab his shield, with a loud clang.

WTF One handed?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I feel like Cap 2 will finally do justice to the character. Evans is a great actor and he'll have the support of ScarJo. Give him a good script and magic will happen.

Gartooth

That alteration to Ultron's origin is absolutely going to piss people off.

Ultron being JARVIS looks a lot more likely now, though.

Can't be worse than
Mandarin's.

But yeah Pym losing his connection Ultron sucks, one of the biggest aspects of his character will probably now go to Iron Man which does piss me off. Wonder if this means we will get Vision earlier than we expected.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thank god Star-Lord's mask looks different from in the concept art. This one retains more of the charm.

Marvel can really do no wrong, goddamn.

BoSox06DH

Really disappointed in no Hank Pym for Avengers 2. I can imagine directions it could go with Ultron being created by Tony Stark, but it makes me question how they could make Hank Pym an important and interesting without the connection with Ultron.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Really disappointed in no Hank Pym for Avengers 2. I can imagine directions it could go with Ultron being created by Tony Stark, but it makes me question how they could make Hank Pym an important and interesting without the connection with Ultron.
Definitely this.

I thought they were holding out on the Ant-Man film because of the ideas and implications he brings to the table- if there's no Ultron or Vision in his film then just what is Edgar Wright gonna have to work with?

Glad we're getting some more proper Hawkeye though.

Showaddy

Definitely this.

I thought they were holding out on the Ant-Man film because of the ideas and implications he brings to the table- if there's no Ultron or Vision in his film then just what is Edgar Wright gonna have to work with?

Glad we're getting some more proper Hawkeye though.

Wright actually had to rewrite his script in order to fit in with the MCU's story according to Feige. I'm starting to think it might have been less about fitting in and more about Ultron being swiped out from under him.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
They have been so smart about everything so far, and they clearly intend to develop this universe extremely carefully. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt in regards to this Pym-less "Avengers 2" and Wright's "Ant-Man."

As far as the Ultron reveal... I'd been banking on Ultron as the villain ever since Whedon said the sequel would be smaller and more personal. There's just so much about Ultron that fits that description.

J10

Banned
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=106785

Talking about Winter Soldier, director Joe Russo:

"There's a very strong connection in the narrative between the events of the end of "Avengers" that drive this film -- and there's a very strong hand off to "Avengers 2" at the end of this movie. And Kevin Feige's whole thing is that this is the biggest bridge of all of Phase 2 movies; it really is. It does involve the most amount of Avengers of any of the films in Phase 2, and it has sort of a, you know, there's a very big shift in the universe at the end of this movie."

I'm guessing we get either a bit of an Ultron tease here or a Wanda/Pietro appearance, assuming he's not only talking about Fury and Widow. Interesting.

What is Star-Lord's connection to the Cosmos? Isn't he supposed to be a human being from Earth? Yet, it seems like he's been in space for some time despite alien contact being super-recent (even Thor only arrived a few months before the events of the Avengers and was kept a secret).

Forever

Banned
What is Star-Lord's connection to the Cosmos? Isn't he supposed to be a human being from Earth? Yet, it seems like he's been in space for some time despite alien contact being super-recent (even Thor only arrived a few months before the events of the Avengers and was kept a secret).

His father was an alien.

Showaddy

His father was an alien.

Although the film seems to have rejigged his origin a fair amount, he's a jet pilot who get's stranded in space now according to the latest tagline. Seeing as he listens to music on a Cassette player he probably got stranded a 10-15 years ago, got saved and never came back.

If only.

She was just cast as a series regular in some show, right? I could see that getting in the way of filming. I also bet they'll go for a bigger name.

We can hope though!
Not usually one to jump into the Joss regular casting discussion, but Acker or Jewel Staite would be fine for Scarlet Witch.

Jonogunn

I hope GOTG really puts them on the map the same way the Iron Man movie did for Iron Man.

Can you inmagine that for the next 7 years GOTG is the biggest thing in superheroes and that other movies try to emulate them?

Crazzzzzzyyyy

Top Bottom