• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Hex

Banned
Scarlet Witch is a mutant and has more ties to X-Men than Avengers. I doubt Fox would allow that.

I absolutely hate Wasp. The cartoon ruined her for me. She Hulk is cool but isn't she really just Hulk with boobs and a vagina? Its sort of a been there done that thing.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are both fair game, as long as you do not mention that they are "mutants" and Magneto's children.
Which is fine because at first they did not know that they were his children.

kai3345

Banned
I asked this in the Iron Man thread, but why didnt Shield recruit War Machine over Stark? Stark was ineligible because he was all self centered and stuff, but War Machine is a disciplined soldier witht he same (or at least similar) suit of armor, so why not choose him? Or both?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
If they can do the Mandarin in IM 3. Then I don't know why they wouldn't be able to do a Dr.Strange film.
Don't remember much about both though so someone please tell me if my analogy is stupid here.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I asked this in the Iron Man thread, but why didnt Shield recruit War Machine over Stark? Stark was ineligible because he was all self centered and stuff, but War Machine is a disciplined soldier witht he same (or at least similar) suit of armor, so why not choose him? Or both?

Well, because comic books, really. But yeah, in the context of the movies, War Machine probably would've been leading the team.

Heck yeah. A female SHIELD agent who is being subjected to the super serum project. Cue some exposure to the Tesseract's energy or some such mystical McGuffin and BAMMO.

Ms Marvel kicking ass and taking names.

Given how they've established SHIELD jacks anything weird that ends up on Earth and tries to get something out of it, it's not impossible to have them possess some Kree tech that fucks up Carol and gives her powers, kinda like in the comic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They didn't go to Stark because they needed another gun necessarily, they wanted him because he's a genius and an asset for being, well, Tony Stark. That's why he still got on, because his intelligence took precedence over firepower, although he has that too and is a clear asset. Avengers Initiative was to bring together extraordinary people, and War Machine is just simply using dated tech from the innovator; Iron Man.

Maybe in the future though. I can see Rhodey popping up in A2.

WanderingWind

Stark has the knowledge and resources.

War Machine is just a dude with one suit.

A colonel with tons of military experience and all the resources of SHIELD at his disposal. From SHIELDs perspective, it'd totally makes sense for them to have their own super powered dude that is unequivocally on their side on the team. Of course, he's not as funny or cool as Stark, so...f' that guy!

Given how they've established SHIELD jacks anything weird that ends up on Earth and tries to get something out of it, it's not impossible to have them possess some Kree tech that fucks up Carol and gives her powers, kinda like in the comic.

True, true. I think the Chitauri should be the only alien race for a while though.

WanderingWind

The Chitauri are lame, cosmic Marvel is so much better than that :(

Yeah, but honestly I've always hated that we have a medium that allows for unlimited artistic vision and we have the Kree who are basically blue humans. Meh.

...and I really hate the Skrulls too. Especially how Marvel basically treats them as an infinite retcon card. Heh.

noah111

Still Alive
I LOVE the short hair! Too many super heroines look like they just came from Glamour magazine with perfect flowing curls. A high profile female character with short hair is super cool!
85972-141981-maria-hill_large.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Between the Frost Giants and Chitauri, doesn't seem "Cosmic Marvel" is getting represented all that well in these films.
Probably best to ease into that stuff after getting people on board with semi-recognizable faces first. Why a GotG movie would logically come after Avengers, and probably before the culmination of the Thanos story, whether that is A2 or A3.

Slayven

Probably best to ease into that stuff after getting people on board with semi-recognizable faces first. Why a GotG movie would logically come after Avengers, and probably before the culmination of the Thanos story, whether that is A2 or A3.

They have the Inhumans, although audiences might not like a main character that only speaks for 99.5% of the time.

Yeah, but honestly I've always hated that we have a medium that allows for unlimited artistic vision and we have the Kree who are basically blue humans. Meh.

...and I really hate the Skrulls too. Especially how Marvel basically treats them as an infinite retcon card. Heh.

That's true. I do appreciate the Kree's general "we will fuck your shit up in seconds" attitude, though.

I'm not saying I want them to be a big part of a future film, anyway, as far as justification for Ms Marvel goes it doesn't even have to be named alien tech, Marvel nerds will read between the lines regardless.

Hex

Banned

Because Stark is alot more than the armor.

Hex

Banned
Between the Frost Giants and Chitauri, doesn't seem "Cosmic Marvel" is getting represented all that well in these films.

Cosmic level is a very quick way to lose people's interest.
Most not comic book fans think of more terrestrial battles when they think of superheroes.
Cosmic marvel is a clusterfuck at times and for every good storyline there are two or three really convoluted ones.

TDLink

Wasp is the most likely candidate for a new female avenger in A2 due to her likely being setup in the Ant-Man movie.

I could see them setting up Ms. Marvel in the Cap 2 movie also but that seems less like a sure thing in my eyes than Wasp.

tenchir

If they can do the Mandarin in IM 3. Then I don't know why they wouldn't be able to do a Dr.Strange film.
Don't remember much about both though so someone please tell me if my analogy is stupid here.

I don't think so. The Mandarin powers are alien in nature, the ten rings that gives him his power came from an alien spacecraft. So his magic is much like the Asgardian, which is technology so advance it is indestingiushable from magic.

Dr. Strange magic would be similar to the magic used in the Ghost Rider movies, it would have to be super natural in nature.

Tom_Cody

Wasp is the most likely candidate for a new female avenger in A2 due to her likely being setup in the Ant-Man movie.

I could see them setting up Ms. Marvel in the Cap 2 movie also but that seems less like a sure thing in my eyes than Wasp.
http://collider.com/kevin-feige-marvel-movies-sequels/166133/

According to the latest word from Feige, there are two more Marvel films that have yet to be announced, and there are lots of potential candidates.

Despite all the build up, I am still pessimistic that Ant Man will be one of them. I just don't think it brings enough to the table for the direction that they seem to be taking the MCU.

http://collider.com/kevin-feige-marvel-movies-sequels/166133/

According to the latest word from Feige, there are two more Marvel films that have yet to be announced, and there are lots of potential candidates.

Despite all the build up, I am still pessimistic that Ant Man will be one of them. I just don't think it brings enough to the table for the direction that they seem to be taking the MCU.

He (Kevin Feige) wanted to be locked up in the MCU!

i guess that doesn't really apply here. Oh well.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I don't think so. The Mandarin powers are alien in nature, the ten rings that gives him his power came from an alien spacecraft. So his magic is much like the Asgardian, which is technology so advance it is indestingiushable from magic.

I remember reading that Jon Favreau saying if he were to bring the Mandarin to the big screen, his rings will be more tech based instead of magic based.

SW/Pietro are open field. Whoever nabs them first gets to use them but Marvel studios can't mention Magneto/mutants.

She Hulk would bring a strong independent female personality who also is very snarky and funny.

I love She-Hulk to death, but I seriously doubt they'll remove regular Hulk, and having two Hulks on the same team seems kind of redundant.

Thing is Huilk won't always be transformed and is a rampaging monster where She Hulk usually stays hulked out and is more mobile and controlled with some real skill.

Thing is Huilk won't always be transformed and is a rampaging monster where She Hulk usually stays hulked out and is more mobile and controlled with some real skill.

She definitely makes more sense as a member of the team, but since this is a movie, they're going to keep the fan favorite around.

Put her in Incredible Hulk 2, then give her the sexy superhero lawyer comedy spinoff I've always wanted.

Why I think after Avengers 2 split it into WCA and Avengers 3. Would be beautiful. LOL, can I dream can't I ?

But she would play a different role than Hulk in the team. More of another fighter like Cap.

Top Bottom