• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Yay about Punisher. I say they heavily retool the Hulk series to not be about Bruce Banner, because a) you just know another Banner film is gonna happen, and b) the stuff in the comics about other Hulks is pretty neat.

JdFoX187

Banned
Jessica Jones sounded like it could be decent. I'm not so sure a Hulk TV series could work. Glad to hear the Punisher series got passed up. That was such a fucking terrible idea.

Why would he hope for something that's impossible. He's already booked for this year, Marvel are busy too. It doesn't matter what it sounded like, because there's facts that show he wasn't talking about Ant-Man.
From /Film:

That sounds like he hopes to shoot Ant-Man this year. But how can that be, given the announced September shoot date for The World’s End? In a brief email exchange we put the question to Wright: what film was he talking about, specifically, in that quote on the podcast? He said,

So as not to jinx things, I am going to remain spectacularly vague on this. Let’s just say I hope to shoot some Antman & World’s End this year.

!!!

noah111

Still Alive
From /Film:

!!!
Hmmm.. good job bob, good job.

Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to an Ant-Man movie. Given the director it is highly possible to be the best solo movie since Iron Man.
I think it has more promise than any other new character introduction simply due to the fact that they KNOW how much they need to 'sell' it. Maybe even more than Thor's costumes and Asgard lore.

I hope they nail it, if not simply for A2's sake. Can't wait to see how they use Pym and off Lang will even make an appearance.

noah111

Still Alive
On the TV front:

-Hulk series still being developed for next year
-ABC passes on AKA Jessica Jones
-Marvel and Fox not going ahead with Punisher series

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=59779
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ulk-abc-development-guillermo-del-toro-324627
I really don't get their TV deals, has there been even a single TV appearance involving the MCU? Hell, I can't remember any recent Marvel TV shows at all, actually.

Unless we're talking about cartoons, :lol.

Blader

I really don't get their TV deals, has there been even a single TV appearance involving the MCU? Hell, I can't remember any recent Marvel TV shows at all, actually.

Unless we're talking about cartoons, :lol.

Not yet.

These shows wouldn't necessarily have been connected to the MCU, though. Jessica Jones would have been, whereas Hulk will be in its own continuity.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. From Eric Savin's wiki.

While still a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army at Camp Killian, Eric Savin was put in charge of Project: Ultra-Tech. There he met the love of his life, Lieutenant Gina Dyson. While on patrol, Savin stepped onto a freshly planted mine which blew him into pieces. He was dead for 2.3 minutes. Gina immediately performed cybernetic surgery on him.

For the movie they could very easily refit that to: Gets blown up. Maya Hansen saves him using experimental Extremis tech. Goes insane from proceduren establishing the danger of Extremis by having it corrupt a good man. Done.

Dram

Who the fuck is Coldblood?

qV30l.jpg

Seems like a character that hasn't been used in awhile.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not part of Extremis, that's for sure. Maybe it's just the name Savin, and unrelated?

Never mind, maybe he was part of it? I read a different article that said he wasn't.
He definitely, definitely wasn't part of Extremis. My instincts tell me he has had nothing to do with Iron Man before.
edit: Oh, he gets fucked up in Civil War...

Slayven

He definitely, definitely wasn't part of Extremis. My instincts tell me he has had nothing to do with Iron Man before.
edit: Oh, he gets fucked up in Civil War...

Why I see it, Mandarin recruits this guy who is an Iraq vet fucked up by a landmine. Juices him with the prototype extremis and he gets a madon for Stark because Stark built weapons.

Tobor

Hmm. From Eric Savin's wiki.

While still a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army at Camp Killian, Eric Savin was put in charge of Project: Ultra-Tech. There he met the love of his life, Lieutenant Gina Dyson. While on patrol, Savin stepped onto a freshly planted mine which blew him into pieces. He was dead for 2.3 minutes. Gina immediately performed cybernetic surgery on him.

For the movie they could very easily refit that to: Gets blown up. Maya Hansen saves him using experimental Extremis tech. Goes insane from proceduren establishing the danger of Extremis by having it corrupt a good man. Done.

Sounds plausible. Writing one of these movies must be interesting with such a large back catalog to pull from.

"You guys have a character that gets blown up and put back together?"

"Sure, here's a list."

Slayven

Sounds plausible. Writing one of these movies must be interesting with such a large back catalog to pull from.

"You guys have a character that gets blown up and put back together?"

"Sure, here's a list."
I love that they aren't afraid to go balls deep into the catalog.

noah111

Still Alive
So what is the possibility of Ant-Man easter eggs in IM3, or even a direct mention by name (ala Thor 1)? I fully expect some kind of tie-in or easter egg with CA2, though (since it'll have been announced by then for sure).

Riposte

So what is the possibility of Ant-Man easter eggs in IM3, or even a direct mention by name (ala Thor 1)? I fully expect some kind of tie-in or easter egg with CA2, though (since it'll have been announced by then for sure).

In the back of my head, I was thinking the guy playing Galaga would be (present day) Antman lol.

KevinCow

Banned
Isn't She-Hulk supposed to be like 7 feet tall though?

I feel like She-Hulk would have to be CGI like Hulk if they ever did her. She'd look weird next to Hulk if they just painted a real chick green.

Well of course she'd have to be CG. What were you guys suggesting, to have a real life person painted green? Then what, literally the only difference when she's normal is the color?

CG would have to be done on par of Avatar which would be hard. Truth speaking. Since She Hulk TALKS a lot.

But could be done. Honestly, if CG style they need to use a smaller build actress to play Jen pre transformation.

Well of course she'd have to be CG. What were you guys suggesting, to have a real life person painted green? Then what, literally the only difference when she's normal is the color?

Yes?

They can use the same method to make her seem weak and scrawny like they did Steve in Capt America whenever she turns normal.

CGI She-Hulk wouldn't work.

Yes?

They can use the same method to make her seem weak and scrawny like they did Steve in Capt America whenever she turns normal.

CGI She-Hulk wouldn't work.
To me, it seems weird people think it'd be easier to have this girl bulk up considerably, and then alter her anyways so she seems 7 feet and green, than just have her play Jennifer Walters and do the whole She-Hulk in CGI except maybe her face.

But oh well. She-Hulk is never happening anyways.

Top Bottom