• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Asbel

Question: With Ultron's eventual introduction into the universe, is there room for Ultimo? If so, how would you see Ultimo working for a potential inclusion in an Iron Man film?

They're pretty different. One is human sized and self aware. The other is gigantic and pre programmed. Ultimo can be a weapon created by aliens or Ultron or Mandarin or Hammer or whatever.

Now if they make Firepower a giant mech like in AA, then Ultimo could be redundant. Which reminds me I haven't seen Ultimo in AA yet and that kinda sucks.

DieH@rd

Banned

William Sadler joins Iron Man 3

sadlerautograph.jpg

This fucking movie..

Glorious.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I'm not a Thor-adept, but what was so special about the Warriors Three and why should they come back in Thor 2? To me, they seemed like the retarded kids Thor hung out with because he didn't know any better since he grew up with them.

noah111

Still Alive
Yeah, i'm sure they'll return but I hope there isn't as big of an emphasis put on them as the first time around.. or at least make their dynamic more appealing or something.

Tobor

I'm not a Thor-adept, but what was so special about the Warriors Three and why should they come back in Thor 2? To me, they seemed like the retarded kids Thor hung out with because he didn't know any better since he grew up with them.

This illustrates the biggest issue with Thor, it was runtime challenged. An extra 10-15 minutes of Asgard could have better defined the Warriors Three and Sif.

This illustrates the biggest issue with Thor, it was runtime challenged. An extra 10-15 minutes of Asgard could have better defined the Warriors Three and Sif.

There were some extra deleted scenes on the Blu Ray that I finally got around to watching that really expanded on them and it really benefited the movie, IMO.

Add in the extra Loki/Asgard scenes and I think it would have made the movie much better, even if it was 15-20 minutes longer.

Tobor

There were some extra deleted scenes on the Blu Ray that I finally got around to watching that really expanded on them and it really benefited the movie, IMO.

Add in the extra Loki/Asgard scenes and I think it would have made the movie much better, even if it was 15-20 minutes longer.

Exactly.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
They're pretty different. One is human sized and self aware. The other is gigantic and pre programmed. Ultimo can be a weapon created by aliens or Ultron or Mandarin or Hammer or whatever.

Now if they make Firepower a giant mech like in AA, then Ultimo could be redundant. Which reminds me I haven't seen Ultimo in AA yet and that kinda sucks.

Oh, I understand they are different, although I am not sure the general populace that goes to the movies will be excited another robot/android, whether self-aware or not, battling Iron Man/Avengers.

Asbel

Oh, I understand they are different, although I am not sure the general populace that goes to the movies will be excited another robot/android, whether self-aware or not, battling Iron Man/Avengers.

They keep coming back for Transformers.

IM fighting tech enemies is like Bond fighting terrorist, Jedi fighting Sith, or Spider Man fighting college professors.

Feige spoke to Empire Magazine (via Comic Book Movie) about Thor 2 and said the following:

We’re going to see the other side of Asgard. It’s not all polished and golden in this film. And the events of Avengers will have affected Thor for sure. His relationship with Loki will continue to evolve, and the biggest part is Natalie and Thor returning with Jane Foster.

When asked if Thanos would be the villain (a logical leap considering his cosmic playground and connection to Loki) Feige said the following:

No, future, future. But there will be a major new villain. A major, major new antagonist…

Seeing the other side of Asgard that's not all polished and whatnot should be great, Asgard was waaay to pristine in the first movie; just looked ridiculous.

Thor returning with Jane being the biggest part sounds bad though..

noah111

Still Alive
It's practically a given at this point, however I agree with Bob, it was too simple. But if Feige's remarks on their love relationship is any indication, they know that it was far too 'easy' and will address it.

Beth Cyra

It's practically a given at this point, however I agree with Bob, it was too simple. But if Feige's remarks on their love relationship is any indication, they know that it was far too 'easy' and will address it.

Address? Hopefully when someone hits Thor upside his idiot head and he realizes Silf>Jane.

Tobor

Link to Feige's remarks?

Feige:  Well it’s sort of the crux of the whole sequel and it’s what Hemsworth is most excited about diving into, and it’s what is the heart of story; it’s Thor and Jane, to continue that dynamic.  Really they were only together for three days, and do they love each other? Do they like each other? Do they know each other?  We’re acknowledging that that love story in the first movie was sort of a quick crush, essentially, over the course of three quick days in the middle of the desert.  And [the heart of the movie is also] the relationship between Thor and Odin, which does change drastically as it did over the course of the first movie, and picks up and continues from there.

http://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor-2-iron-man-3-avengers-sequel-interview/158942/

Jane ain't going nowhere.

Except to Asgard. /drum roll

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

dammit gotta buy that now...

From Empire:

Of Iron Man 3, among other things, Feige notes that, "We don't equate bigger with better. It's Tony's most personal journey since he was trapped in a cave in the first half of the first movie, but it'll also have the largest spectacle of any of the Iron Man movies."

awwwwyeah.gif

Whoa whoa whoa, they're already filming Iron Man 3!? Holy shit. When is it supposed to come out? Early next year?

I had no idea it was so far along. I thought for whatever reason Thor and Cap 2 were next on the slate.

TDLink

Whoa whoa whoa, they're already filming Iron Man 3!? Holy shit. When is it supposed to come out? Early next year?

I had no idea it was so far along. I thought for whatever reason Thor and Cap 2 were next on the slate.

May next year. Thor is thanksgiving next year.

Iron Man 3 villain news:

Latino Review says it can confirm that “The Mandarin is played by Ben Kingsley and [is] a villain in the movie despite Marvel’s continued insistence that he’s not.”

The site also says that Kingsley isn’t the primary, or the most active baddie in the film. That’s Guy Pearce, who we know is playing Aldrich Killian. He’s backed by the Mandarin, but is the real architect of the nanotech ‘Extremis army’ that will likely include Coldblood (Dale) and Firepower (Hamilton).

Movie's gonna be so good.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hope they don't overdo it on the villain part and they mesh well. I'm one of the few people that didn't hate Spider-Man 3, but must agree the villains ended up being unfocused.

As a huge fangirl of Norman Osborn, especially his Thunderbolts and Dark Avengers self, I'm very pleased. I've long accepted that we'll never see Tommy Lee Jones in the role and playing Green Goblin and eventually the Iron Patriot, so at least seeing the armor is cool to me.

And all the stuff about Iron Man 3 is getting me very hyped. Let's hope for some Masters of Evil with Mandarin. He seems to be the boss with everyone else working for him.

Mafro

Unless it's a cameo, no way. Spider-Man shouldn't be in the Avengers movies in any large capacity.
Yep, the constant clamouring for Spider-Man is getting a bit annoying. I might be wrong here, but don't think people realise he wasn't even on the "classic" team in any real capacity and only joined them in New Avengers around 8 years or so ago. Even if Marvel did have the rights, I wouldn't want him in it unless it was a cameo.

Anyway, I wonder if the Iron Patriot is hinting at Dark Avengers in the next Avengers movie?

Top Bottom