• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

noah111

Still Alive
I'm probably late, but:

iron-patriot-iron-man3-01-435x580.jpg

http://www.thesuperficial.com/photo...adge-dale-coldblood/iron-patriot-iron-man3-01
What the fuck is that shit.

Tobor

They must be doing another combo character with Coldblood/Iron Patriot. Just like they did by combining Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash.

Mafro

Despite loving the whole event, I always thought the government and public's acceptance of Osborn during Dark Reign was absolutely ridiculous. I don't read Spider-Man, but they did all know he was the Green Goblin before that event, yeah?

Despite loving the whole event, I always thought the government and public's acceptance of Osborn during Dark Reign was absolutely ridiculous. I don't read Spider-Man, but they did all know he was the Green Goblin before that event, yeah?

Yeah, Norman tried to pass that as a mere rumor and the sort.

When it comes to Marvel, never think too much about why the public or the government act the way they do. Iron Patriot was still a lot of fun, and his delusions of grandeur were sogood.gif

I'm really hoping that this Iron Patriot nonsense is just a joke in the film ala all the footage of the other countries trying to create their own Iron man because I'm not into it at all. I even remember seeing this for the first time in the comics and just thinking 'why?'

Mafro

Yeah, Norman tried to pass that as a mere rumor and the sort.

When it comes to Marvel, never think too much about why the public or the government act the way they do. Iron Patriot was still a lot of fun, and his delusions of grandeur were sogood.gif
Christ, I knew it would be something silly as Osborn just saying "lol no". He is great, though.
I'm really hoping that this Iron Patriot nonsense is just a joke in the film ala all the footage of the other countries trying to create their own Iron man because I'm not into it at all. I even remember seeing this for the first time in the comics and just thinking 'why?'
Yeah I remember the first time I saw the teaser for Dark Avengers with the Iron Patriot armour and thinking the whole thing sounded ridiculous. Dark Reign ended up being one of my favourite events ever.

EDIT: just remembered Hawkeye in New Avengers going on the news and basically outing Osborn as the Green Goblin. Can't remember what happened after that.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Didn't Shane Black talk at length about how Mandarin would not be in the film and that it would be a more grounded real world threat? More assholes in robot suits clanging around a cgi green room isn't what he has in mind either.

- J - D -

So now we have...

Extremis
Mandarin
Iron Patriot

All jammed into one film. I have some faith in Black and RDJ, but this situation seems familiar.

But what Marvel wants, Marvel gets!

You say that like it's a good thing.

Anyways, I'm sure Shane Black is doing his thing; if he's not and the movie ends up suffering because of Marvel's stringent by-the-numbers design by committee garbage I'll be shouting it over a megaphone.

Tobor

You say that like it's a good thing.

Anyways, I'm sure Shane Black is doing his thing; if he's not and the movie ends up suffering because of Marvel's stringent by-the-numbers design by committee garbage I'll be shouting it over a megaphone.

So in other words, if the movie is great, you'll credit Shane Black. If the movie is bad, you'll blame Marvel. Got it.

So now we have...

Extremis
Mandarin
Iron Patriot

All jammed into one film. I have some faith in Black and RDJ, but this situation seems familiar.
Pretty sure the Iron Patriot armor will be used but it won't be used as such. It'll most likely just be given to another character (seems to be Coldblood). Mandarin is the only really big villain there.

If I had to guess, I'd say Mandarin will somehow get control of the Iron Man armors (confirmed to be a lot of them, among which it'll be the Iron Patriot), the other villains just being lackeys, and the kind of thing Iron Man can only stop thanks to the Extremis.

It's not like in Spider-Man where they tried to fit 3 completely different characters with their entire story arcs.

Slayven

Pretty sure the Iron Patriot armor will be used but it won't be used as such. It'll most likely just be given to another character (seems to be Coldblood). Mandarin is the only really big villain there.

If I had to guess, I'd say Mandarin will somehow get control of the Iron Man armors (confirmed to be a lot of them, among which it'll be the Iron Patriot), the other villains just being lackeys, and the kind of thing Iron Man can only stop thanks to the Extremis.

It's not like in Spider-Man where they tried to fit 3 completely different characters with their entire story arcs.

So basically Armor Wars? I can smash that, just needs some Detroit Steel.

IronManV5-32page6.jpg

So basically Armor Wars? I can smash that, just needs some Detroit Steel.

IronManV5-32page6.jpg

Didn't they confirm they had some of Armor Wars in there?

I could've sworn I read it, but it might have been some gaffer's wish. Certainly seems that way after they said they had like 20 Iron Man armors and had already two C-Listers.

Slayven

I could've sworn I read it, but it might have been some gaffer's wish. Certainly seems that way after they said they had like 20 Iron Man armors and had already two C-Listers.

We just need t Tony to beat the shit out of Stingray and then cry about it because the armor is not based on his tech.

MechDX

Firepower is in it and he was the one who basically ended the Armor Wars in the book

Blader

Didn't Shane Black talk at length about how Mandarin would not be in the film and that it would be a more grounded real world threat? More assholes in robot suits clanging around a cgi green room isn't what he has in mind either.

He dismissed Mandarin as a racist character, on one occasion. If the Ben Kingsley casting the co-production with China are any indications, his Mandarin is clearly not the comics' Mandarin.

Also, the threat in the movie is Guy Pearce and a biotech virus; all these assholes in robot suits are just byproducts of that.

Slayven

He dismissed Mandarin as a racist character. His Mandarin is clearly not the comics' Mandarin.

Also, the threat in the movie is Guy Pearce and a biotech virus; all these assholes in robot suits are just byproducts of that.

Mandarin is a racist character if you stopped reading Ironman comics in the 70s

Bit-Bit

What if they steal a bunch of Iron Man armors and one of them is a prototype that Stark was making for Captain America?

Eh... I think it would be out of character for the Cap to wear one.

What if they steal a bunch of Iron Man armors and one of them is a prototype that Stark was making for Captain America?

Eh... I think it would be out of character for the Cap to wear one.

Why would Tony be making Captain America an Iron Man armor?

"Oh, hey bro. Your powers are kind of sucky so I thought I'd help you out with your own Junior Iron Man suit. Maybe now you can keep up!"

Why would Tony be making Captain America an Iron Man armor?

"Oh, hey bro. Your powers are kind of sucky so I thought I'd help you out with your own Junior Iron Man suit. Maybe now you can keep up!"

I'm pretty sure he just hands them out to his fellow heroes. If you thought Iron Patriot was odd, just you wait until Marvel gets the Spidey rights back.

Yep, the constant clamouring for Spider-Man is getting a bit annoying. I might be wrong here, but don't think people realise he wasn't even on the "classic" team in any real capacity and only joined them in New Avengers around 8 years or so ago. Even if Marvel did have the rights, I wouldn't want him in it unless it was a cameo.

Anyway, I wonder if the Iron Patriot is hinting at Dark Avengers in the next Avengers movie?
People want to see Spider-Man interact with the current cast, not with whatever cast they have 30 years from now.

Who has been a longer active member of the Avengers, Hulk or Spider Man?
Stopping a Loki controlled Hulk was the very first issue, and he joined right afterwards. He's a founding member.

Spidey has been a reserve since like the 70s, but didn't become a big one till New Avengers.

Asbel

Stopping a Loki controlled Hulk was the very first issue, and he joined right afterwards. He's a founding member.

Spidey has been a reserve since like the 70s, but didn't become a big one till New Avengers.

Didn't Hulk leave the team soon after joining or at least wasn't very active as a member? I am specifically asking about their time being an active member.

Didn't Hulk leave the team soon after joining or at least wasn't very active as a member? I am specifically asking about their time being an active member.
Hulk has always been kind of on and off since it's hard to give them challenges when all it takes is having the whole team building up time until Hulk can smash whatever he has to fight. That's why he was more regular with the Defenders when the villains had to be tough enough for Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer. So Hulk is an Avenger, he's just rarely with them for whatever reason.

Spidey, since he become a regular, has been active. That's why a lot of people associate him with the Avengers now, he's with them because you don't need him away from the team to have a villain last two issues.

Just a guess, but with that shoulder-mounted gun in the new picture it almost looks a bit like War Machine.

Could the government have painted Rhodes' armor? Could they simply be putting War Machine and Patriot together for whatever reason?

Just another guess. The movie seems to have quite enough villains, IMO. It probably won't need another.

People want to see Spider-Man interact with the current cast, not with whatever cast they have 30 years from now.

if spider-man exist in marvel cinematic universe, he's probably still a kid like in Ultimate Spidey comics instead of being adult 616 Peter Parker. he really is out of his league to be battling world crisis or cosmic level threat. so nothing more than a cameo if Sony and Disney ever talk about using spidey in Avengers film.

Top Bottom