• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

IceCold

I have to say, I am loving all these super heroes. Makes the geek in me happy. If only Marvel could get the rights to Spider-man and the X-Men.

Gartooth

Im surprised we arent getting Rocket Raccoon voice actor suggestions from GAF yet :p

fuck it, I want motion capture. I want a hollywood actor playing a raccoon. Same with Groot.

I would love it if they got his VA from UMvC3 and Avengers: EMH to do his voice in the movie.

Salsa

I have to say, I am loving all these super heroes. Makes the geek in me happy. If only Marvel could get the rights to Spider-man and the X-Men.

Im one of the very few that thinks Sony can and will work something out nearing Avengers 2. There's been a lot of "mmm yeah maybe it could happenblabla" hush hush from both parties in the past and there's just too much money involved as to not take a slice of that pie.

Fox though? never.

Slayven

9P5jR.jpg

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget the "gritty, mature" Justice League script they supposedly have. Lol.

So Cry for Justice: The Movie then. Seriously I wanna know what goes on in WB meetings after the success of Avengers. Execs must be foaming at the mouth why they hadn't either pre-empted it with a Justice League movie or chomping at the bit to get one in production asap.

Im surprised we arent getting Rocket Raccoon voice actor suggestions from GAF yet :p

fuck it, I want motion capture. I want a hollywood actor playing a raccoon. Same with Groot.

Greg Ellis is the de facto 'coon voice..

and from my last post I just wanted cameos from them.. I know Richard nor Wendall are not Guardians..

but Adam Warlock & Cosmo The space Dog sure is!
3AQmK.gif

EDIT

I've heard of all of the Gotg guys except for Groot, who is he?

Watch the episode of Avengers: Earth's mightiest heroes featuring them.. here's a preview.. it's called Michael Korvac.

Cth

While you might think it sounds like a joke, any good actor with a sense of humour would be clambering to play a raccoon. How many times can you say you've played a raccoon with massive guns?

Bruce Willis did it with Over the Hedge :D

So, British actor wise, who's a good fit? Someone keep Russell Brand the hell away please.

I don't see why they can't just get Greg Ellis, but the sad truth is, they'll probably want to get someone "bigger". I do hope they keep his Cockney accent though. LOVE that in MvC3 and EMH.

Kusagari

After Avengers, they could put out a Squirrel Girl movie or a ROM Spaceknight movie or even a fucking Man-Thing movie and it would make mad paper.

How would this work? Her owning every villain in Marvel, culminating in her breaking the fourth wall and finishing the movie by beating The One Above All(aka Stan Lee)?

jph139

I'm sort of hoping they give Nova his own movie rather than bring him into Guardians of the Galaxy. Depending on what they do for the Guardians (Thanos-centric, I presume?), adapting Annihilation with him in the lead (and some of the Guardians making cameo appearances as part of the resistance) would be tops.

...wait, do they have the rights to Annihilus? Probably not, huh. That's a shame.

Nova will appear at some point in GoTG im sure. He has gotten too big a push from Marvel recently not to be. Worst case scenario he shows up in GoTG after credits scene to set up Avengers 2.

Also, what does "The Dark World" refer to?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sort of hoping they give Nova his own movie rather than bring him into Guardians of the Galaxy. Depending on what they do for the Guardians (Thanos-centric, I presume?), adapting Annihilation with him in the lead (and some of the Guardians making cameo appearances as part of the resistance) would be tops.

...wait, do they have the rights to Annihilus? Probably not, huh. That's a shame.

Have the Nova Corps be present here and establish their role as peacekeepers for the galaxy. Show Richard Rider briefly as a newly recruited rookie bumbling with his powers but still getting a lucky hit on some foe. Leave him be for the rest of the movie. Then solo Nova movie starts with extermination of the Corps, him being the only survivor. Boom, Annihilation time.

Any Thor experts know what "The Dark World" is referencing?

Maybe Hel, the Underworld for Asgardians.

I am so glad they are doing the Winter Soldier storyline with the next movie. I know the first movie doesn't get a ton of love, but I really enjoyed Captain America, and can't wait for the next one.

Have the Nova Corps be present here and establish their role as peacekeepers for the galaxy. Show Richard Rider briefly as a newly recruited rookie bumbling with his powers but still getting a lucky hit on some foe. Leave him be for the rest of the movie. Then solo Nova movie starts with extermination of the Corps, him being the only survivor. Boom, Annihilation time.

Maybe Hel, the Underworld for Asgardians.

It's too bad you'll lose allot of the stuff that made Nova grow.. like that stuff that started the Civil War.. and his relationship with Namorita.

Kizer

Does anyone know who owns the rights to Blade? He hasn't had a movie in such a long time. I feel that Marvel should jump on that. After his last trilogy I honestly feel the general public would be hyped to see him back again. Even more so if he can co-exist with the likes of Iron Man.

Salsa

I am so glad they are doing the Winter Soldier storyline with the next movie. I know the first movie doesn't get a ton of love, but I really enjoyed Captain America, and can't wait for the next one.

It's my favorite Marvel film along Iron Man 1

The Avengers is at a whole other level

Does anyone know who owns the rights to Blade? He hasn't had a movie in such a long time. I feel that Marvel should jump on that. After his last trilogy I honestly feel the general public would be hyped to see him back again. Even more so if he can co-exist with the likes of Iron Man.

Marvel has them back now.

Marvel has the rights to Blade and The Punisher. They regained them in 2011.

Ithil

Marvel got them back along with The Punisher's a while back.

Top Bottom