• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

I wonder if this will affect the MCU:

Thanos creator gearing up for lawsuit?

e4D1M.jpg

He can say all he wants but real fans know Thanos is a ripoff of Darkseid.

Tobor

The biggest problem for people wanting to start reading cosmic marvel is alot of these titles were going out of print before this announcement and now they will be harder to find. I'm suspecting marvel with probably re-release the major cosmic stories and GoTG series again before release though. Probably do some sort of omnibus.

Most of this stuff is available digitally in Comixology. Annihilation and Guardians, anyway.

Ponn

Banned
Most of this stuff is available digitally in Comixology. Annihilation and Guardians, anyway.

Thats true. And probably a good choice for those that don't really want to have a collection but just read up before the movie. I love my bookshelf too much. Plus I seem to be all my friends library for this type of stuff. I already got a request to borrow my cosmic marvel stuff a couple weeks ago when this info leaked.

Kizer

The biggest problem for people wanting to start reading cosmic marvel is alot of these titles were going out of print before this announcement and now they will be harder to find. I'm suspecting marvel will probably re-release the major cosmic stories and GoTG series again before release though. Probably do some sort of omnibus.

After Avengers 1, the infinity gauntlet trade became the best selling novel on Amazon, I believe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I highly recommend going Annihilation -> Annihilation Conquest -> War of Kings -> Thanos Imperative to get the full picture, but those are a lot of books.
Yeah I'm kind of wary of reading stuff with a crazy amount of tie-ins across different series'. Like I want to read some Nova stuff next (I think I've only read Annihilation stuff), but I'm not sure how much else of the contextual stuff I really want to have or care for. Maybe I should do that next before the Thanos Imperative.

I find it just a bit daunting with the amount of stuff out there. That's why I chose to start with GotG because it was only 25 issues.

LTTP: Marvel Cosmic thread for people interested in reading order and such.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481608
*clicks*

Three? It's probably going to be released in 2014..

GotG and Cap 2 are both in 2014, and since those have at least been mostly started and Ant-Man won't even be fully underway until spring at the earliest, most people are speculating on a 2015 release in the spring/late winter before Avengers 2 in the summer. That would give us an even 2 films per year.

So I know it's early, but what's Phase 3 gonna be like? Will it be Cap 3, Thor 3 and four new movies including Avengers 3? Do you think there will be an Iron Man 4, or will he take a little time off? GotG 2 or Ant-Man 2? If we're assuming ~6 movies per phase, having sequels to IM, GotG and AM wouldn't leave any room for new properties, so I'm guessing those will be taking a break too.

Admittedly there's basically nothing to go on at this point, but my bet right now is Black Panther, Heroes for Hire and Dr. Strange in addition to Thor 3 and Cap 3, and then either a new Hulk or an Ant-Man sequel to set up Ultron/Vision/Wasp if they're not already set up. Hell I would believe it if Cap 3 and Black Panther were basically combined.

I'm sort of hoping they give Nova his own movie rather than bring him into Guardians of the Galaxy. Depending on what they do for the Guardians (Thanos-centric, I presume?), adapting Annihilation with him in the lead (and some of the Guardians making cameo appearances as part of the resistance) would be tops.

...wait, do they have the rights to Annihilus? Probably not, huh. That's a shame.

I'd rather they give Nova his own movie as well. In an ideal world they'd do a whole string of Cosmic Marvel movies all leading into an Annihilation adaptation. Hopefully they do own Annihilus. I know he started out as a Fantastic Four character, but that doesn't mean anything. Kingpin started out as a Spider-Man enemy, but is a part of the Daredevil rights package.

remnant

Banned
That's sorta what I did. I read all of Nova and went right into the Thanos Imperative

What!? So you skipped Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest, War of Kings, Ascension, Realm of Kings and Guardians of the Galaxy.

You read a fraction of an epic.

He can say all he wants but real fans know Thanos is a ripoff of Darkseid.

Marvel and DC cosmic rip each other off all the time. It's not a coincidence that Nova and GL are almost exactly the same.

Slayven

What!? So you skipped Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest, War of Kings, Ascension, Realm of Kings and Guardians of the Galaxy.

You read a fraction of an epic.

Marvel and DC cosmic rip each other off all the time. It's not a coincidence that Nova and GL are almost exactly the same.

Lensmen did the space cop thing first.

Top Bottom