• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Anth0ny

With all the money he made from The Avengers... He's practically Tony Stark now! lol

As Marvel launched other hero pics that would lead up to Avengers, the studio struck hard bargains. Two sources say Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo all signed on for small upfront fees and ultimately will make about $2 million to $3 million on Avengers with bonuses. Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johansson, who signed deals to pop up in several Marvel movies, are said to be making about twice that for Avengers with bonuses.

According to multiple knowledgeable sources, Iron Man/Tony Stark is set for a highflying payday of about $50 million once box-office bonuses and backend compensation are factored in.

9hDD9.gif

duckroll

Reading all the Iron Man 3 stuff is giving me multiple orgasms again. They better release that trailer soon. I wanna see Ben Kingsley putting on those rings!!!!

Mariolee

High five, buddy. Sam Rockwell absolutely killed it in Iron Man 2. I hope he's coming back for IM3.

Didn't they definitely leave him on a cliffhanger with IM2 since he suspected Potts of planning the whole thing of breaking down his empire the whole time, and how he swore to get revenge? I'd be upset if he didn't return, such a great foil to Tony.

Vega

According to multiple knowledgeable sources, Iron Man/Tony Stark is set for a highflying payday of about $50 million once box-office bonuses and backend compensation are factored in.

9hDD9.gif

Worth every penny. Marvel / Disney is going to write RDJ one fat ass contract after IM3 wraps up. RDJ is going to play Stark til he's 60! And that's A-okay with me!

duckroll

Do we have any Iron Man 3 footage?

I don't think any has leaked here, but here's a description:

There's an opening scene where Tony Stark is in his lab, with a sign saying "Stark R&D Department." He's being filmed by his camera bot. And he's talking to the wall of old Iron Man suits. "Good afternoon ladies," he says to them. "Welcome to the birthing suite." He's about to welcome the arrival of their "bouncing badass baby brother." He asks Jarvis for seasonal music, and Jarvis puts the needle down on a record of hip hop Christmas music.

Standing around his many armors, Stark commands his JARVIS computer to being the test. Stark strikes a kung fu pose — nothing. He taps his forearm, trying to get something inside to work, before striking the pose again. Suddenly, from across the room, the Iron Man glove comes flying on to his arm. This is the Extremis in its beginnings, a type of armor ripped straight from the comics that allows Stark to control his Iron Man suit...with his mind. After the glove flies on to his arm, he tells Jarvis to let it rip. Pieces of armor start flying on to his body, but it's all starts happening too quickly. Now the metal braces are zipping every which way, breaking Stark's lab and forcing him to dodge like he's got Spidey sense. Eventually, all the pieces assemble on his body, save for the face mask. Turned upside and soaring straight at him, Tony does a flip in the air, rips his glove jets and clips the final piece of armor on upside in the air. Tony Stark: always a showboat.

Then there's a funny scene where Tony is talking to Happy Hogan, his "former" head of security. Happy says he's quit, because people laugh at him when he says he's Iron Man's bodyguard. Plus Iron Man is busy off joining the Superfriends. Plus Happy Hogan's grandmother saw a big robot snake come out of the sky in Manhattan and jumped out the window. Tony says it's been taken care of.

The final big set piece was when a bunch of helicopters with rocket launchers come and destroy Tony's giant house, causing it to tumble into the sea. Tony gets into the Iron Man armor in time, but Pepper Potts is also caught in the disaster. And Tony watches all his spare Iron Man suits blowing up one by one. Tony is flung out into the water and carried down by the undertow. Over this, the voice of the Mandarin says, "Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number one: Heroes. There is no such thing. As you cry out for mercy, you will be silenced."

In true Marvel fashion, the trailer had an end teaser of its own. Who is Ben Kingsley? He's none other than notorious Marvel villain The Mandarin. The leader of the Ten Rings terrorist group. He's got a crazy hairdo — shaved in the back with a single ponytail. He's decked out in flowing robes and a ton of bling. Ten rings is right! Kingsley looks evil as hell, and he sits awaiting Stark's next move in a throne fit for Iron Man's ultimate villain.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Comic_Con_2012_Iron_Man_3_Footage_Robert_Downey_Jr_Mandarin/33927288
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=63848

:eek:

They are actually moving ahead with a GoTG movie? HOLY CRAP.

And that IM3 trailer info sounds amazing, really hate that we don't get to see these sneak peeks until much later on, if ever. :(

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Please. Please don't let Ant-Man be trapped in that shonky 60's to modern setup previously bandied about. Avengers 2 or probably 3 at Wright's rate with it needs some Pym. Such a core Avenger its not even funny the idea of him not being in the same era :(

Iron-Man 3 sounds fucking amazing. Marvel is killing it. Warner and DC must be super jealous.

Please. Please don't let Ant-Man be trapped in that shonky 60's to modern setup. Avengers 2 or probably 3 at Wright's rate with it needs some Pym. Such a core Avenger its not even funny the idea of him not being in the same era :(

Iron-Man 3 sounds fucking amazing. Marvel is killing it. Warner and DC must be super jealous.

Is that a possibility? Why would anyone think that's a good idea?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Wright apparently wanted to go for a kitsch 60's angle at the start of the film, then transition to the second Ant-Man in modern day. I mean that might be an okay idea for a super-hero property normally, but is totally at loggerheads with what Marvels been aiming for all along with this shit, an ensemble of pure connected awesome.

Inventing things that happen in the 60's and dont get referenced by any of the other movies at all is also a massive potential plothole creator. I hope basically Wright was reined in and told/nudged to do a modern Hank Pym movie. Because without Pym in The Avengers you don't get:

-The Wasp
-Giant-Man and Yellow Jacket follow up personas
-Ultron
-Vision

Thats a lot of Avengers material to rule out. Hell, Pym is a pretty tragic character all over post initial fun Ant-Man era. He'll be good for one Edgar Wright movie, then transition over to Avengers main cast and shit go dark for him there, and if Wright wants to do an Ant Man 2, it can literally be the 2nd Ant Man, Scott Lang, but even then he's a pretty tragic character too. Ant-Man and comedy is visually obvious, but the source material takes it in a whole 'nother direction.

J10

Banned
All this stuff is really happening? Is this real life? My heart can't take this. If they would have announced Black Panther I would have died.

Not sure how I feel about GotG. I think that's gonna be a hard sell to the general public. I suspect it could be Marvel's first flop for the MCU.

And no Hulk movie? What gives?

Not sure how I feel about GotG. I think that's gonna be a hard sell to the general public. I suspect it could be Marvel's first flop for the MCU.

And no Hulk movie? What gives?

GotG would be a great sell with kids. Even though no one knows the characters, kids will go crazy over a space adventure starring a talking raccoon. Cap and Thor didn't have too much name recognition either, the point of these movies is to get the characters to the general audiences.

Although I also thought John Carter of Mars would be a hit with kids too, so who knows yet...

Last two Hulk movies were not financial successes. As far as Marvel is concerned, it's gonna be awhile before he has the pull to make his own movie work.

Kizer

So I guess GOTG was a big reason for why Rocket Raccoon was in UMvC3 huh?

probably, but I think the game benefited from it. The more diverse a roster like that is, the better. It can appeal to a larger audience and all that. This being said, Where is my Dr.Strange movie?

Top Bottom