• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Ithil

Yeah...

how many characters are going to appear in Avengers 2 now?

If you put all of the Gotg guys in it could be a bit of an overkill.

I don't think the GOTG will have a big role, if any, in Avengers 2. I do think that the plot of their film will lead directly into Avengers 2, but that they themselves will only have a cameo in one scene at most.

deim0s

He hit Jan once while he wasn't exactly mentally sound and therefore was not acting of his own free will. Since then he has been working very hard to make up for this in pretty much every way he can. As for your second remark, That sounds a lot more like Eric O'Grady than Hank Pym.

Is this the Ant Man/Giant Man in Fear Itself or something? IIRC, it ain't Pym. I don't know what issue that was, read that he's in some inter-between dimensional Avengers mansion, blah, blah, blah.

Ain't the Wasp dead? (fuck, have to read up on some summaries to catch-up.)

I love how people can't get over this but don't ever talk about the time Emma Frost tricked and essentially raped Scott Summers.

She can do whatever she wants.

Ithil

Is this the Ant Man/Giant Man in Fear Itself or something? IIRC, it ain't Pym. I don't know what issue that was, read that he's in some inter-between dimensional Avengers mansion, blah, blah, blah.

Lots of people are dead in comics. Wasp will be back eventually.

Yes it is.
hank_pym_slap.jpg

No wonder him and black panther aren't in the Avengers

Kizer

Avengers Academy, right? If so than yeah that was Pym. He is running the Academy right now. As for the dimension thing...I am sure there is some level of meta-physical explanation out there somewhere, but that is a question for more science savvy fans, I am afraid. Sorry.

And yeah Jan died near the end of Secret Invasion. She showed up again in Secret Avengers.....kind of. I'd direct you to the story arc where that happened, but I am afraid the name escapes me. Maybe someone else will know though...?

Yeah...

how many characters are going to appear in Avengers 2 now?

If you put all of the Gotg guys in it could be a bit of an overkill.

Probably Avengers lineup from first movie + Antman and Wasp. GoTG will just have a small role or maybe just 1 charecter from that movie will appear like Nova or something.

Mariolee

Why is it Thor: Dark World and not Thor 2?

Why does Iron Man get numbers but Thor and Cap get stuck with subtitles?

Although THOR 2 or THOR II would be a great title, Marvel probably felt cluttering audiences with IRON MAN 3, THOR 2, CAPTAIN AMERICA 2, IRON MAN 2, AVENGERS 2 would be a little disconcerting and create an "UGH, ANOTHER ONE" mindset.

Ithil

So I wonder if Avengers 2 will be called "The Avengers: The Thanos Imperative" or "The Infinity Gauntlet" or something like that.

Probably not, the Avengers films mark the end of each Phase and are the big climax for each, so I'm guessing they keep the numbers.

There hasn't been a thread specifically for the new announcements, has there? I think there really should be. That's stuff a lot of people would get pumped for who might not read this thread.

Or at least an update to the title or something if you don't want the threads to cannibalize each other.

Ithil

And right after she got a spike in popularity following Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

jRVGtXugnHbk.png

Would not be surprised if whenever she's brought back in the comics she gets a redesign closer to the EMH version

By the way, I would be completely ok with this design for a live action Wasp (with some concessions given the anti-gravity hairdo). A lot of her comic costumes are a little too goofy for film.

Mariolee

Why the fuck is Ant Man so far away? I mean, I want The World's End, but I also want to see Edgar Wright's take on such an awesome superhero. :(

it happened after the generation X thing when she had like just joined the X-men.
http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/iss/600w/925/689251/3859031_1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The Phalanx Covenant is one of my favorite X-Men events ever, but I don't remember anything like that happening...? I don't even remember Cyclops being in it.

There are so many awkward and weird sex scenes between those two that I'm having trouble googling for it. ;p

Reiko

Banned
Why the fuck is Ant Man so far away? I mean, I want The World's End, but I also want to see Edgar Wright's take on such an awesome superhero. :(

Leads into The Avengers 2. Just like Captain America 2 did with a trailer for The Avengers during post credits.

noah111

Still Alive
There hasn't been a thread specifically for the new announcements, has there? I think there really should be. That's stuff a lot of people would get pumped for who might not read this thread.

Or at least an update to the title or something if you don't want the threads to cannibalize each other.
There have been for IM3, but basically everything else doesn't hold enough info to make a thread about. That's what this thread's sole purpose is for, anyway.

Mr. Sam

I'm just excited that a guy whose most mainstream film is Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is being allowed to play in this sandbox. With World's End in the meantime, I can wait.

Also, this:

Leads into The Avengers 2. Just like Captain America 2 did with a trailer for The Avengers 2 during post credits.

Slayven

By the way, I would be completely ok with this design for a live action Wasp (with some concessions given the anti-gravity hairdo). A lot of her comic costumes are a little too goofy for film.
People forget Wasp is a rich fashion designer. She was always changing her's

Kizer

The Phalanx Covenant is one of my favorite X-Men events ever, but I don't remember anything like that happening...? I don't even remember Cyclops being in it.

There are so many awkward and weird sex scenes between those two that I'm having trouble googling for it. ;p

It happened sometime after that. I just don't remember if there was a story arc name or not so I used that as a reference point. Sorry for the confusion.
3823677251_2b86c07113.jpg

This image is the best I could do from the scenario. I really didn't want to use it because it is really small and I hate how this artist did Emma's face but what can you do?

honestly, I really have no problem with any of Green Lantern alien design. my problem with that movie is not the cg aliens. so I don't know why a cg raccoon will be harder to swallow than cg humanoid chicken in GL.

actually after so many talking cg animal films, I thought this would work great. lol, if he does have stand out personalities, people will probably like him

Why does everyone keep saying Nova is going to be in Guardians of the Galaxy? Watching that Ant-Man panel they said the team was Groot, Drax, Gamora, Starlord and Rocket.

It's because Nova is heavily linked to the events that brought the Guardians back. I don't think he'll be in this movie at all. They might mention the Corps, but that's about it. Personally, I'd rather they give Nova his own movie.

honestly, I really have no problem with any of Green Lantern alien design. my problem with that movie is not the cg aliens. so I don't know why a cg raccoon will be harder to swallow than cg humanoid chicken in GL.

actually after so many talking cg animal films, I thought this would work great. lol, if he does have stand out personalities, people will probably like him

Kids will love Rocket Raccoon. If they market him right, he'll be a goldmine.

Yeah, I don't see why people are so worried about them selling an anthropomorphic cartoon raccoon to the audience. It's not like that's never been done successfully. ;p

Try Groot, Drax and Starlord. Gamora and RR are easy favorites.

To the guy who asked about the Ant-Man costume:

It's said by Wright to be going for a cross between 60's Silver Age look and the "more modern look"

detail.jpg

The top is the Irredeemable Ant-Man costume, which is what Agent M said it looked like, and the bottom is OG Ant-Man.

Better pic of Irredeemable:

antman-armor.jpg

And here's the old Ant-Man:

180px-Ant-man_pym.jpg

Ithil

so is Guardians going to basically be a CG movie? There's like one person in the entire group that needs to or can be played by a real life human.

Star-Lord, Gamorra and Drax would all definitely be played by real actors. Only Groot and Rocket Raccoon need be CG.

Ithil

I'm actually presently wondering if they'll ruin him for the sake of marketing him to children.

That's the thing, he doesn't need to be touched to appeal to people in marketing/publicity. Give him a completely faithful rendition and kids (and adults frankly) will eat it up. It's a space raccoon that wields rocket launchers, you can't not love that.

I just hope they realise he doesn't need tweaking to be big with kids. He's already ideal.

Top Bottom