• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Didn't see it posted, but the RR concept art from the panel:

iYygLphuCmcya.png

First (of four) part of the IM3 panel here.

Anyone got a picture of the look they're trying to interpret for the Ant-Man movie?

Adorable

He hit Jan once while he wasn't exactly mentally sound and therefore was not acting of his own free will. Since then he has been working very hard to make up for this in pretty much every way he can. As for your second remark, That sounds a lot more like Eric O'Grady than Hank Pym.

I love how people can't get over this but don't ever talk about the time Emma Frost tricked and essentially raped Scott Summers.

I don't read X-Men (never been a fan), so what happened there?

How many Ant-Mans have there been?

noah111

Still Alive
I still can't believe that there hasn't been a single leaked shot of the Ant Man test reel. >:[

Guardians is either going to be a big hit or a total fail. Should be interesting regardless.

I still can't believe that there hasn't been a single leaked shot of the Ant Man test reel. >:[

Guardians is either going to be a big hit or a total fail. Should be interesting regardless.

Interesting you say that. I think you can pretty much apply this to all of Marvel's movies.

Kizer

I don't read X-Men (never been a fan), so what happened there?

How many Ant-Mans have there been?

There have been 3 people to take up the Ant-man mantle. Hank Pym, Scott Lang, and Eric O'Grady. There have been multiple size changing heroes, though.

Emma Frost is telepathic (how she tricked him) and is the kind of woman who simply takes what she wants. She used to be a villain known as the white queen.

Cyke married Emma after Jean died. Then he rediscovered his balls. There has been 3 Antmen.
Him rediscovering his balls was the best thing to happen to the character so in turn, Jean dying was the best thing that happened to him.

Slayven

I look forward to the reviews comparing it the GL movie. Since Ryan Reynolds is the only cosmic hero measuring stick. Unless we want to use Starkid.

Ithil

People said that exact thing about Thor and Captain America, though. And they were neither, in the end, they were solid successes, instead, not big failures or huge hits. There is definitely plenty of middleground here.

Mariolee

Why can't it simply be middling? I don't see why this film has to be a "sink or swim" type thing, can't it just float and be done with it?

Slayven

Avengers has earned Marvel a lot of credit with audiences and corporate masters. They would need like 3 speed racer level bombs before people think of questioning them.

noah111

Still Alive
People said that exact thing about Thor and Captain America, though. And they were neither, in the end, they were solid successes, instead, not big failures or huge hits. There is definitely plenty of middleground here.
That's because, in the end, they were heavily weaved into the Avengers storyline and were main, well known and established characters that are known to be part of the team.

Why can't it simply be middling? I don't see why this film has to be a "sink or swim" type thing, can't it just float and be done with it?
Because the characters they are trying portray are so out there, that if they fail, it'll be a giant meh-fest. I don't see someone walking out of this type of movie saying 'it was ok', but who knows. If they can generate a positive word of mouth situation similarly to what happened with Avengers (assuming the movie is actually good), this could be another big success. Especially if they market it as being associated with Avengers.

Ithil

Because the characters they are trying portray are so out there, that if they fail, it'll be a giant meh-fest. I don't see someone walking out of this type of movie saying 'it was ok', but who knows. If they can generate a positive word of mouth situation similarly to what happened with Avengers (assuming the movie is actually good), this could be another big success. Especially if they market it as being associated with Avengers.

After Avengers, just saying it's part of the Marvel Universe is now a selling point. Next up is Iron Man 3, which is probably going to be great (Shane Black writing and directing bodes well) and just further increase the brand name value of Marvel Studios.

Same deal with Thor 2 and Cap 2, they're probably going to be much better films than the first ones, since the origin stories are out of the way and they've got fan favourite stuff geared up for them. By the time GOTG comes out the Marvel Universe label will be at an insane level of hype, so it's easy to sell something with that.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Hank Pym needs to be a really kinda eccentric awkward guy to sell the role. His whole feelings of inadequacy are pretty integral to every storyline he builds up to.

Make fun of super-power being to become really tiny? Becomes Giant-Man.

Cartman86

Banned
Is the Winter Soldier storyline in itself good beyond the connection it has to
Bucky
? Did that moment need to resonate with audiences for this to work? Because I don't think it really did.

Today's Marvel Monday sale on Comixology is Guardians of the Galaxy for those interested in jumping on board with the announcement of the film. I certainly will be. The first 18 or so issues are now available for .99 cents.

Top Bottom