• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Yesterday, I tried marvel android app for the first time, bought 2 comic for it and I kinda like ut, then I found the comixology app which have all the same interface but have other publisher titles as well, dc stuff and all. So I decide I just want to use comixology, is there a way to transfer comic I bought from marvel app to comixology?

Does the modern Guardians of the Galaxy have any connection to the original 60s/70s one that Steve Gerber wrote some of or is it just borrowing the name? That old version is the only one I know anything about and it doesn't seem to be any of the same characters or anything. Although that makes sense, cuz 70s GotG are some of the weirdest/least marketable guys around.

Slayven

Does the modern Guardians of the Galaxy have any connection to the original 60s/70s one that Steve Gerber wrote some of or is it just borrowing the name? That old version is the only one I know anything about and it doesn't seem to be any of the same characters or anything. Although that makes sense, cuz 70s GotG are some of the weirdest/least marketable guys around.
Little bit, Starhawk and Major Victory showed up for a bit.
You shut your mouth, Replica, Lion guy and Spirit of Vengeance are stars.

Yesterday, I tried marvel android app for the first time, bought 2 comic for it and I kinda like ut, then I found the comixology app which have all the same interface but have other publisher titles as well, dc stuff and all. So I decide I just want to use comixology, is there a way to transfer comic I bought from marvel app to comixology?

If you open the Comixology app and login, you should be able to access all comics purchased through the spin-off DC and Marvel apps. You might need to hit the refresh or restore button to make it work, but I'm fairly sure it's not necessary.

paul187

What are the comics that lead up to the thanos imperitive? I wanna get into GotG stuff. I remember hearing there is a bunch of stuff that leads up to it. What is the order I should go about?

What are the comics that lead up to the thanos imperitive? I wanna get into GotG stuff. I remember hearing there is a bunch of stuff that leads up to it. What is the order I should go about?

Depends on just how much you want. Right before Thanos Imperative is Realm of Kings, which can be bought in the form of the Realm of Kings trade, Guardians of the Galaxy volume 4, and Nova volume 6. Altogether that's about $60 depending on where you buy it.

Before that is War of Kings, with GotG volume 2 and 3 and Nova volume 4 and 5, plus the War of Kings trade. There's more to it than that but that's the core stuff. That'll probably cost you over $100, unfortunately, and even more if you want the full story.

Before that is Annihilation: Conquest and before that is Annihilation, where modern cosmic begins. I'm not going to list all that but I think you get the picture that it's pretty expensive to procure all of that. Your best bet is to get Annihilation (3 books) and then the four volumes of GotG, then Wiki the rest. You will save loads by going digital too. And if you want you can acquire the rest of the books at your own pace.

Why does Henry Pym have so many different superheroes to his name? Ant-man, Wasp, Yellowjacket, Giant-man, etc.

Hank is kind of insecure and schizophrenic. Ant-Man was his original alias, Giant-man was basically to shut up folks who said that shrinking was a lame power, Yellowjacket was during a dark time in his life where he was going totally crazy and he created the Yellowjacket identity to shield his own psyche from the messed up world full of superheroes he was a part of.

Hank's had kind of a tough life in the comics and things never seem to work out well for him. Unfortunately, this has been his weak point as a character in fiction probably more times than it has been his strong suit. The Yellowjacket wife-slap thing was pretty typical Bronze Age stuff, but since then he has been shit on by writers both good and bad, which is the real reason he's not a more popular character. Although recently in Avengers Academy and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, a lot of his past is either being undone or paved over.

remnant

Banned

Annihilation-Nova(runs thru the entire story)-Annihilation:Conquest-Guardians of the Galaxy(runs through the entire story)-War of Kings-(spin0ffs: WoK: Ascension, X-men: King breaker)-Realm of King-Thanos Imperitive.

Only the bolded are vital but this is one of the few comic events where i recommend reading everything. The world they build is really rich and focused.

TDLink

Yes there is a connection, but I highly doubt the film will go into it and it isn't exactly a super large part of the new team.

If you want to know:
Starhawk shows up in the modern GotG stories from various alternate futures to warn of the threat that ends up appearing for The Thanos Imperative, the final story of the modern GotG. Starhawk's appearances lead to Major Victory becoming a permanent member of the modern team and the other original team members make appearances as well when the Guardians travel to an alternate dimension/future.

Mariolee

What about Eddie Murphy for Ant-Man?

meet-dave-poster.jpg

TDLink

What does the greyed out one mean? Read or not read?

I've seen this on /co/ before.

The Thanos 12 part series wasn't written by Abnett and Lanning...the writers of literally all of the rest of it. However, they chose to build their story on that 12 issues series. It is the beginning of the story but at the same time more before the story and thus unnecessary. I still enjoyed it though and it contains some great stuff for Peter Quill (Star Lord), Thanos, and Adam Warlock. It just gives you a bit more knowledge of those characters (specifically) going into Annihilation than if you hadn't read it.

Caja 117

A lot of nice reveals from comic con, I was actually expecting the Cap. sequel to be like this, based on what happened in first avenger (anyone that reads the comic book knows what I mean). Wonder what Thor tittle is referring to.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
What can we expect for Cap 2? The dude gets frozen in The First Avenger, and unleashed on the world in Avengers. So there's nothing inbetween. Do we get a Cpt America-movie set in modern times then? I'd love for some more WW2-spectacle.

paul187

Thanks for the replies guys. Think I'm going to grab most of the comics. Really in the mood to read through an epic right now, and I'm pretty damned hyped for this movie. Even though I know next to nothing about the series. It just sounds so cool and out there.

Ill also go the print route. My sis has a huge collection and I could just give her the comics when I'm done with them. That way I won't feel so bad dropping the cash.

Kizer

Just a thought I had. I am actually glad these Ghost Rider movies sucked. Perhaps he ends up back in Marvel's possession and they do him right. I would ultimately like to see it lead to a midnight sons movie and maybe even a midnight sons book series again. You see, I've always had a thing for the super natural types so something like that would be amazing to me. Dr. Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, whomever else they want, really. Perhaps the plot would have something to do with Man-thing?

noah111

Still Alive
So there's no director and a release date for Guardians and a director with no release date for Ant-Man?
And no cast for either.

I'm sure they're eyeballing directors for Guardians right now, and the release date for Ant-Man's probably locked down more or less, but they have no reason to announce it so early.

But i'm just dying to know about the Ant-Man script at this point, if it's about Pym or Lang (or both), if Wasp is making a show, etc. It's going to be an uphill battle selling people on "ANT MAN" tbh.

So who do you guys think will be the villain for Ant-Man? Seems a bit early for Ultron, perhaps Klaw?
Klaw almost definitely. There are rumors about Radioactive Man, says a quick google search.

I'm gonna guess a very important part of the movie will be about Pym's/Lang's character, and another big one to justify and explain his powers. Even more if Wasp is there, as a big focus would be on their relationship. They won't have too much time to explain the villain and his powers either, so Klaw is an easy choice. Probably heavy foreshadowing for Ultron.

It took 3 movies for Mandarin, and Ultron is even bigger on the overall Marvel Universe. Ultron will amost definitely be set up in an Ant-Man movie, and be the villain of an Avengers one.

So who do you guys think will be the villain for Ant-Man? Seems a bit early for Ultron, perhaps Klaw?

Ultron is bound to show up in some regard in Ant-Man since there's pretty much no way there's gonna be a sequel, after how long it took just to make this one.

Before Avengers I would have told you that Ultron was a lock for Avengers 2, since we knew Ant-Man was due any year now and Ultron is one of the biggest Avengers villains, but since it looks like they're jumping right up to Thanos I could see Ultron being the main villain of Ant-Man.

Although I'm not sure how that would fit into Wright's ideas for the script, basing it off "To Steal an Ant-Man" and Silver Age Ant-Man.

Kizer

Klaw almost definitely. There are rumors about Radioactive Man, says a quick google search.

I'm gonna guess a very important part of the movie will be about Pym's/Lang's character, and another big one to justify and explain his powers. Even more if Wasp is there, as a big focus would be on their relationship. They won't have too much time to explain the villain and his powers either, so Klaw is an easy choice. Probably heavy foreshadowing for Ultron.

It took 3 movies for Mandarin, and Ultron is even bigger on the overall Marvel Universe. Ultron will amost definitely be set up in an Ant-Man movie, and be the villain of an Avengers one.

I heard rumors that radioactive man will be in Ironman 3? They just won't be using that name or something to that effect?

Blader

Ultron is bound to show up in some regard in Ant-Man since there's pretty much no way there's gonna be a sequel, after how long it took just to make this one.

Before Avengers I would have told you that Ultron was a lock for Avengers 2, since we knew Ant-Man was due any year now and Ultron is one of the biggest Avengers villains, but since it looks like they're jumping right up to Thanos I could see Ultron being the main villain of Ant-Man.

Although I'm not sure how that would fit into Wright's ideas for the script, basing it off "To Steal an Ant-Man" and Silver Age Ant-Man.

I don't think Thanos will be the villain in Avengers 2. My guess is that they're going to save him for Avengers 3, and Guardians will double as a way to keep Thanos in peoples minds before we get to that movie.

I don't think Thanos will be the villain in Avengers 2. My guess is that they're going to save him for Avengers 3, and Guardians will double as a way to keep Thanos in peoples minds before we get to that movie.

That was my thought too but Fiege said that Civil War would be a good choice for Avengers 3, and this is after Avengers had been out for a bit. So since then I've just been assuming that Avengers 2 will be Thanos and then 3 will be Secret Invasion, Civil War or some sort of inter-hero drama.

noah111

Still Alive
With Ant-Man coming out right before Avengers 2, they could easily set up Ultron as the villain for A2. Ultron wouldn't be the villain in Ant-Man but there would certainly be a back story built up for it.

duckroll

There's another possibility. Thanos could actually headline his own one-off movie in a few years - The Infinity Gauntlet. Why keep it to Avengers when it can be an entire MCU crossover?

Nelo Ice

Banned
There's another possibility. Thanos could actually headline his own one-off movie in a few years - The Infinity Gauntlet. Why keep it to Avengers when it can be an entire MCU crossover?

That would be amazing. Especially if they could somehow miraculously get the rights to most of their characters back.

Feature

Banned
I don't get how somebody would even attack one of the guys from the Avengers. Will need a good writer to get around all these superheroes being available to help the main character in each movie.

noah111

Still Alive
This is a good point, but at the end of the day all the MCU movies, aside from perhaps GotG, are about Avengers members. A movie titled 'The Infinity Gauntlet' wouldn't make a lot of sense when all the superheroes in that movie are literally the Avengers.

The problem with Thanos is having him as the villain for Avengers 2 would really make A3 sort of flat, threat wise. I hope they save it for the third Avengers movie and stick with Ultron for A2. That way Guardians 2 can revolve more about Thanos and Earth, and tie in directly to A3, whereas Ant-Man introduces Ultron and ties in directly to A2.

Top Bottom