• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Kizer

No... please, everything but Liefeld. No, no! NO! NOOOO!!! *melts*

2160698-liefeld_boobs.jpg

I am ready

The scene was really bad, they did a good thing when they cut it.

All I can say is if Doom did show up I would always be pissed. Wasn't there a story line where he was even able to trick Thor's hammer? Doom need to be a Villian for Avengers 2.

He tried to but he wasn't worthy. There was a picture of it yet it didn't happen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm reading through Nova right now and enjoying the shit out of it so I think I'm just gonna bail out of this thread for a while.

There are some poorly marked or implied spoilers on this page.

Nova is good though, I just finished a re-read from Annihilation up through Thanos Imperative.

Sort of thus the Avatar. I was actually inspired by the Cosmic Marvel thread, and I assume that might have been inspired by the Guardians announcement.

Kizer

640a4f4d787c241150f3be778e9addfbe9191d89.jpg

It seemed appropriate now.

Also I just reminded myself. The Iron Patriot? Do we have any idea what the hell that is about in the movie yet?

What? Why? I don't even understand this.

I guess the logic is, the War Machine armor is great, but still way behind Tony's armor, so they need to upgrade it. Iron Man has an iconic look with the red and gold, but War Machine looks like a prototype.

And the army wants superheroes because they look bad when all but one of the country's greatest defenders are non-military, so they give Rhodey's armor a red white and blue paintjob.

You can see the War Machine-esque shoulder mounted gun in the set pics, but still it's clearly James Badge Dale and not Cheedle in the armor, so who knows what's really going on.

Bah, they just gave him an awesome new suit a little while back.

Well this is what he's wearing in the comics now...

NewIronMan.JPG

War Machine looked so great in Iron Man 2. I loved the functional and bulky design, it looked like an air force bomber. I wish they'd go further in that direction and make the suit bulkier and more mecha-like.

Don Cheedle said that Rhodey is the one wearing the Patriot armor as War Machine.

That's dumb. Iron Patriot belongs to Osborn.

I guess the logic is, the War Machine armor is great, but still way behind Tony's armor, so they need to upgrade it. Iron Man has an iconic look with the red and gold, but War Machine looks like a prototype.

And the army wants superheroes because they look bad when all but one of the country's greatest defenders are non-military, so they give Rhodey's armor a red white and blue paintjob.

You can see the War Machine-esque shoulder mounted gun in the set pics, but still it's clearly James Badge Dale and not Cheedle in the armor, so who knows what's really going on.

And that's a dumb reasoning. War Machine does have an iconic look. And it looks like a prototype armor because it IS a prototype armor, just with more guns attached to it. That's exactly why it's iconic - it's the older, unpainted armor but has way more fire power.

Tobor

That's already been explained. It was a stunt man subbing in for Cheadle, not James Badge Dale.

That's dumb. Iron Patriot belongs to Osborn.

And that's a dumb reasoning. War Machine does have an iconic look. And it looks like a prototype armor because it IS a prototype armor, just with more guns attached to it. That's exactly why it's iconic - it's the older, unpainted armor but has way more fire power.

Well by that I meant "iconic" in-universe. I bet everybody in the MCU knows who Cap and Iron Man are, but probably not many know about War Machine. So the military in the MCU might have wanted to make him into their own airforce-themed superhero to make people think that the US military is keeping up with Iron Man and co.

In real life it's a dumb move though because War Machine looks fucking baller and everybody who sees the movie loves him

Hindle

Banned
Can anyone say what the CA sequel wil be about? Im not up to scratch with the character. The Winter Soldier sounds cool though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In every Comic-Con interview he's done too, Cheadle has said that the War Machine armor goes through multiple different evolutions. I hope we get to see them all.

I agree though, it's iconic and I thought it was perfect in IM2.

Top Bottom