• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New concept art for Iron Man 3:

551623943.jpg

That new design makes me sour.

They could've at least used one of the already existing color schemes (like the blue stealth armor, or the red-silver Centurion one). :(

jph139

That said, I really hope they portray him more as an actual, menacing mastermind and don't use him for comic relief if they ever DO use him. He really deserves getting attention (in the good way).

I think MODOK could work if they don't put him in the chair. Make him really grotesque - a giant, horribly mutated guy in a vat who communicates physically. I mean, get rid of the chair and headband and he's one freaky mofo.

5qWLam.jpg

Drago

Meh, it looks ok but the lack of red is really jarring.

Chances are that I'll end up liking it by IM3's release though, so whatever. :/

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I think the color pattern looks great in that shot. It makes the armor more readable.

Still think it was designed this way to go into space.

So that armor is going to fly and build it self onto him piece by piece, like they showed at comic con?

I would rather it work the way extermis actually does in the comic.

I don't think they'd go with the nano machines. I think it fits more in line with the mechanical robot theme if they have to assemble his armor. Plus it presents opportunities to put Tony in danger without his suit always at the ready. Thor, Captain America always have their powers at their side. Tony is only a man, albeit a very smart man, without his armor.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Bucky has got to be to have two of the most extreme names in comicdom

Bucky Barnes - shitty and weak
Winter Soldier - fucking badass and badass

Im so looking forward to the next Captain movie....even though i hate Captain America(the character)

What? Why? I don't even understand this.

Him having an American Son/Iron Patriot-esc armor might be a nod to US-WarMachine.
I dont really mind, cuz American Son and Iron Patriot are such obscure armors no one should give a shit.....I am slightly, ever so slightly peeved we dont get to see what Tony would have done with a full on offense armor.
A true WarMachine armor built by Stark.

Nothing is more laughable than observing comic book fanboys drool over complete mediocrity, lol

Banned thats two down....how many of the 6 figure crew will survive till years end?
Place you bets ladies and gents place you bets.

Ive seen so many 6 figure juniors committing account suicide its ridiculous.....the mods must be working their asses off right about now.

On the matter of MODOK - yeah, they can't play him for laughs or his character falls apart. Because, yeah, he is hilarious-looking, that's unavoidable. But he's also deadly, cunning, and somewhat tragic. I think losing the chair would be a good idea - the less we see the funny, dangling legs, the better. Perhaps he could be suspended in some sort of stasis tube or something.

Bottom line, I think he's a perfect fit for the third movie. So long as they play up the bizarre and scary elements of him, he'll be fine.

noah111

Still Alive

551623943.jpg
Concept art always looks better, but that shade of yellow/gold is definitely better than what they showed. It looked way to matte and bland, which i'm sure won't be the case in motion.

I still hope they explain that bullshit though, and not have it just be some random design choice Tony comes up with instead..

LosDaddie

Banned
Too much gold for my tastes. But I need to see the new armor suit in a trailer before passing judgement.

And I'm still seeing IM3 regardless.

Banned thats two down....how many of the 6 figure crew will survive till years end?
Place you bets ladies and gents place you bets.

Ive seen so many 6 figure juniors committing account suicide its ridiculous.....the mods must be working their asses off right about now.

huh? Can you expand on this for me?

Cartman86

Banned
Deadline reporting that "ABC And Marvel Eying ‘Avengers’-Themed TV Series"

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abc-marvel-avengers-themed-tv-series/

EXCLUSIVE: After scoring huge at the box-office with its Avengers movie, Marvel is looking to explore the mythology on the small screen too. I’ve learned that Marvel’s TV division is in conversation with ABC and ABC Studios about doing a drama series in the Avengers world. I hear that the the connection to the Avengers franchise would be light as the project is expected to be set in the universe and feature some of its themes and feel but may not include any characters from Joss Whedon’s blockbuster. I hear the project is in a nascent stage, described as “a kernel of an idea,” with a number of scenarios explored, including a high-concept cop show. Marvel has already given the Avengers the animated treatment with Disney XD’s The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the upcoming Avengers Assemble.

Sounds like what that Jessica Jones show could have been. Still think it would be amazing to do a show that's centered on the human world. Either cops or journalists who have to deal with the super heroes existing. You could have one off guest stars every season where Evans or Hemsworth could show up for an episode. It could be like the Law and Order of super hero shows. "Coming up next on NBC Robin Williams guest stars in an intense episode of Law and Order." Hell you could just put Downey on TV news reports in the pilot and that would be enough. The Powers TV adaptation is trying something similar, but who knows if it will ever actually make it to air.

Slayven

Deadline reporting that "ABC And Marvel Eying ‘Avengers’-Themed TV Series"

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abc-marvel-avengers-themed-tv-series/

Sounds like what that Jessica Jones show could have been. Still think it would be amazing to do a show that's centered on the human world. Either cops or journalists who have to deal with the super heroes existing. You could have one off guest stars every season where Evans or Hemsworth could show up for an episode. It could be like the Law and Order of super hero shows. "Coming up next on NBC Robin Williams guest stars in an intense episode of Law and Order." Hell you could just put Downey on TV news reports in the pilot and that would be enough. The Powers TV adaptation is trying something similar, but who knows if it will ever actually make it to air.

Powers TV is still a thing? I remember reading about it in Wizard.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
huh? Can you expand on this for me?

6 figure juniors are juniors with 6 figures in their user ids
It seems some new junior wave just happened and a large portion of them are killing their accounts hard.

P.S To see user ids just highlight someones username the digits after u= are the user id digits.

J10

Banned
I like the new armor a lot, though I agree that the gold should be less muted, but maybe that doesn't work too well on screen. I figured the new design was a callback to one of the older comic book color schemes.

Goldenironman.jpg

I also assume since Antman is probably going to be red and silver they have to take steps to differentiate them visually.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, Stark's new armour: How's it work? Nanomachines? Does he become a freaky cyborg?
In the comics, nanomachines. Only cyborg in the sense that the armor is more tightly linked to his mind and a trillion times more responsive to what he wants to do.

Though the armor is still seperate from the body, key point. Nanomachines only form the gold underbody of his armor, which magnetize the rest of the armor to it.

I like the new armor a lot, though I agree that the gold should be less muted, but maybe that doesn't work too well on screen. I figured the new design was a callback to one of the older comic book color schemes.

Goldenironman.jpg

I also assume since Antman is probably going to be red and silver they have to take steps to differentiate them visually.

They should have done it the way UMvC3 did.

353523ec987152521fa77a2247d8f288.jpg

Cartman86

Banned
Powers TV is still a thing? I remember reading about it in Wizard.

They shot the pilot, but FX didn't like it so they are going to try again. The president of FX supposedly wants the show to work. Some of the actors in the original pilot are no longer attached.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
[URL=" Thor: The Dark World scene and filming details have been brought to light[/URL].

Also, Marvel cancelled it's Thanos mini-series in October. Y'all think this will have an impact on the MCU or timing?

Aww what the hell. Weird...Comics getting cancelled so quickly after being announced is very uncommon. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is.

Dram

Aww what the hell. Weird...Comics getting cancelled so quickly after being announced is very uncommon. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is.

Thanos Creator Jim Starlin Planning To Launch A Lawsuit Against Marvel?

Rumour has it that Jim Starlin will be pursuing Marvel over the fact that Thanos (a character he claims to have created before he started working for them) was featured in Marvel's The Avengers without any of the the box office gross heading his way.

Digital Spy reports that Jim Starlin has come forward with what appears to be proof that he created Thanos before he started working for Marvel. This has resulted in speculation that he may be planning to launch a lawsuit against the publisher following the big screen debut of the villain in billion dollar box office hit, Marvel's The Avengers. He has released the following concept image of the villain which may be used as proof in a claim that he owns the rights to, or at least has an interest in, the Mad Titan.

However, it can't be denied that his decision to come forward after all these years in order to make such claims may be influenced by the fact that there's now be a lot of financial interest in the villain. After a brief appearance in The Avengers, Thanos has had re-emerged in the comics, and rumours run rampant that he will appear in the planned big screen adaptation of Guardians of the Galaxy. Marvel is reportedly finding it difficult track down the records from the period in which he was created, but Starlin took to his Facebook page a few months ago to say the following. "This is the second film that had something I created for Marvel in it - the Infinity Gauntlet in Thor being the other - and both films I had to pay for my own ticket to see them. Financial compensation to the creators of these characters doesn't appear to be part of the equation."

While he arguably makes a valid point, should Marvel compenstate every single creator who comes up with a new character or idea for them which later appears in a film? Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch (creators of The Ultimates) were thanked in the credits of The Avengers, but neither have asked to be paid simply because their creations influenced several aspects of the film (the Chitauri or Samuel L. Jackosn as Nick Fury for example).

551623943.jpg

I like it, but was hoping they'd tone down the gold a little. Thought the IM2 and TA suit was perfect in look. Maybe it will look bad ass on the big screen.

Also, I randomly found this image
on 4chan.
What's the source of it?

YQZlF.jpg

Reminds of Ultron.

This is a mock up right? GODDAMN, such a cock tease. Would do anything for Ewan to play Pym and for Ultron to appear. :D

Top Bottom