• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Slayven

Lol that villain indirectly responsible for one of my favorite Thor moments. Him and Beta Ray Bill hiding behind a little girl.

Lol that villain indirectly responsible for one of my favorite Thor moments. Him and Beta Ray Bill hiding behind a little girl.
When are they going to introduce horse dude? Thor 3?

Shouldn't be too hard for audiences to accept if they're already used to a talking alien Raccoon.

Whoah, Malekith is a cool choice. Wonder if they'll introduce Surtur and eventually Beta Ray Bill. Glad they're branching out the worlds of Thor instead of just re-using Loki or tying it into an Avengers lead-in.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Hope they keep Malekith FABULOUS in the movie. The dude rocks in Simonson's Thor.
2tTHN.jpg

Pretty much saw this coming when they announced the subtitle as "The Dark World". Did not expect Eccleston though and that's awesome. I'm very interested to see how they visually translate him since he's a little goofy looking but I don't know much about Malekith other than that one episode of the Avengers cartoon.

Any word on how much of an Asgard movie this is? After getting the intro out of the way in the first, I could see them going all Asgard this time. I hope they do at least.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Any word on how much of an Asgard movie this is? After getting the intro out of the way in the first, I could see them going all Asgard this time. I hope they do at least.
Well, Natalie Portman is supposedly back for the sequel...so I imagine at least some of it is on Earth. Or does her character go to Asgard in the comics? I'm not too familiar with Thor.

Tobor

Well, Natalie Portman is supposedly back for the sequel...so I imagine at least some of it is on Earth. Or does her character go to Asgard in the comics? I'm not too familiar with Thor.

I'd bet money on Portman traveling to Asgard this time. Or "The Dark World", or both.

TDLink

Pretty much saw this coming when they announced the subtitle as "The Dark World". Did not expect Eccleston though and that's awesome. I'm very interested to see how they visually translate him since he's a little goofy looking but I don't know much about Malekith other than that one episode of the Avengers cartoon.

IIRC they said this film will take place almost entirely in Asgard and other realms. Natalie Portman will be in the film though and it is expected she will travel to Asgard somehow. But yeah...there is going to be extremely little Earth in this one.

IIRC they said this film will take place almost entirely in Asgard and other realms. Natalie Portman will be in the film though and it is expected she will travel to Asgard somehow. But yeah...there is going to be extremely little Earth in this one.

Best news yet.

FoneBone

Fox may be willing to give up some of their Marvel rights in order to extend their rights to Daredevil.
Sources say Marvel would give Fox more time to make DAREDEVIL in return for the rights to use characters from the FANTASTIC FOUR universe, including the giant, world-devouring supervillain Galactus, rumored to play a key role in future Marvel pics. Marvel is also eyeing future use of Silver Surfer, who in the comicbooks brokered a deal to serve as Galactus’ herald in order to save his home planet. (Fox owns rights to the Silver Surfer as part of its deal for FANTASTIC FOUR, which the studio is also rebooting with CHRONICLE helmer Josh Trank.)

I'm not seeing Doom mentioned as part of the deal.

WHY IS DOOM NOT BEING MENTIONED AS PART OF THE DEAL.

Because Doom for Daredevil would be a stupid trade

Daredevil and Galactus both seem pretty tough to realize on film, and DD would be pretty hard to use in MCU so this seems like a no-brainer for everyone.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

He's a big part of FF, so I would imagine Doom would be part of the deal.

This is great news if true. Silver Surfer would also be a great fit for the MCU, especially with the cosmic direction they're heading with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Fuck that. Take Daredevil back. Don't give Fox anything.

I'd rather have full ownership of DD than a lease on a couple Fantastic Four characters.

FoneBone

Fox would be giving back the rights to some FF-associated characters, not the Fantastic Four property as a whole, and there's no way they'd give away Doom when they're still developing a reboot.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
But Doctor Doom is not in this film. :)

All kidding aside, Eccelston is the forgotten Doctor of new Who. Underrated, but I thought he was fantastic.

He was my favorite, but perhaps that could be associated with it being his time was short so there wasn't necessarily enough time for him to outgrow the character.

The thing about Marvel is that once you start moving away from the A List, things get muddy. Whiplash in Iron Man 2 was simply decent.

Ant-Man is going to be... interesting.

Edgar Wright ensures that while it might not be the best superhero movie, it has some serious chances of being the best movie. Definitely if you don't count Iron Man and The Avengers, methinks.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
They need to pour all the money they can to make GotG a hit. This movie will be cruical for MCU.

I'm scared, because it faces so many more adversities compared to Avengers. Namely, missing even semi-recognizable heroes and set-up movies/origins beforehand.

Makes me wonder if they'd consider stranding one of the current Avengers in outer space at the start of the movie to draw in the audience and introduce the wider fiction easily. Problem with that is the threat of someone like Iron Man threatening to steal the show from the unestablished Guardians. Bruce Banner might work best. Have him stuck as Banner for most of the movie trying to make sense of it all and then have some choice fanservice moments like Loki Smash somewhere near the end.

Bleepey

Do you think they could claw away some X men characters too. if i was Marvel i would say a one year extension to do DD, but they can do whatever the fuck they like with X men and some FF characters. Also at the very least they can do what they like with a DD animated series.

Tobor

They need to pour all the money they can to make GotG a hit. This movie will be cruical for MCU.

I'm scared, because it faces so many more adversities compared to Avengers. Namely, missing even semi-recognizable heroes and set-up movies/origins beforehand.

It's obvious they aren't placing their normal expectations of success on GOTG. It's a mid-August release.

I think they are shooting for a cult success, maybe a sleeper hit if lucky.

Get back Silver Surfer, make Thanos Imperative.
Seems to me this seems the best way to do it, unless they're wedging SS into GOTG.
Makes me wonder if they'd consider stranding one of the current Avengers in outer space at the start of the movie to draw in the audience and introduce the wider fiction easily. Problem with that is the threat of someone like Iron Man threatening to steal the show from the unestablished Guardians. Bruce Banner might work best. Have him stuck as Banner for most of the movie trying to make sense of it all and then have some choice fanservice moments like Loki Smash somewhere near the end.
If they put Banner into Cosmic Marvel, they may as well go the whole hog and adapt Planet Hulk as part of the MCU, complete with Silver Surfer. Maybe include the GotG somehow?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Seems to me this seems the best way to do it, unless they're wedging SS into GOTG.

If they put Banner into Cosmic Marvel, they may as well go the whole hog and adapt Planet Hulk as part of the MCU, complete with Silver Surfer. Maybe include the GotG somehow?

Hmm, the ending could segue into Planet Hulk. Have him get betrayed or think he got betrayed and crash on that planet as an after credits scene or something.

FoneBone

It's obvious they aren't placing their normal expectations of success on GOTG. It's a mid-August release.

I think they are shooting for a cult success, maybe a sleeper hit if lucky.

It's August 1st, not "mid-August", and August (or at least the first half) hasn't been seen that way by the studios for a long, long time.

Bleepey

World War Hulk was meh. Too much action IMO.

Top Bottom