• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Re-watching Captain America now that its up on Netflix and it definitely is better then I remember it the first time. For some reason I didn't like it that much but now I think its really good.

Re-watching Captain America now that its up on Netflix and it definitely is better then I remember it the first time. For some reason I didn't like it that much but now I think its really good.

I watched the 3D version last night and I also thought that it was better now then when I saw it in theaters. I really excited to see how Cap 2 turns out.

I watched the 3D version last night and I also thought that it was better now then when I saw it in theaters. I really excited to see how Cap 2 turns out.

re-watched it on netflix and I still think is better than Thor and one of my favorites movies from Marvel heroes, I read the interview posted here about Captain America 2 and fuck I hope the movie is set in WW2 period at least a good chunk of it, but I know is not going to happen. WW2 Captain America is best Captain America

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Some sort of kind of news:

Ant Man could start filming next Spring for a 2014 release date.

Looks like as soon as Thor: The Dark World is done filming Ant-Man will utilize the same studio space. I am guessing this means Cap: Winter Soldier will be filming in the studio IM3 is currently inhabiting. This also could indicate that Ant-Man may show up some time before GotG since there is no scheduled production start on that yet.
HOOK IT STRAIGHT TO MY VEINS

Also, I randomly found this image
on 4chan.
What's the source of it?

YQZlF.jpg

Reminds of Ultron.
Oh Christ. Ewan as Pym would be awesome, but all that pic does is make my hardon for getting Ultron in a movie even larger.

Bleepey

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/David-Slade-Exits-Daredevil-Fox-Now-Scrambling-Replace-Him-31853.html

The Man Without Fear is now the man without a director, as well. David Slade has departed 20th Century Fox’s planned reboot of the Daredevil franchise, leaving the studio scrambling for a replacement.

Slade, who helmed the darkest of the Twilight films in Eclipse, seemed like an excellent choice to helm the gritty Daredevil material. But his commitment to the TV show Hannibal with Mads Mikkelsen reportedly has prevented him from signing on to Fox’s timetable. The studio has to get a Daredevil film into production by the fall, or else they’ll lose the rights to the character back to Marvel.

That’s unlikely. Hitfix points out that Fox has a solid Daredevil script in their hands, so all they have to do is find the right filmmaker to bring their vision to the screen. The news of Slade’s departure came on the heels of Fox confirming that Chronicle director Josh Trank was moving forward with a Fantastic Four film, so the studio wants to stay in the Marvel business.

As well they should. Both Daredevil and The Fantastic Four were mistreated in their early cinematic incarnations. And both have tremendous potential as superhero franchises. Fox must cringe as they watch Marvel, Sony and Warner Bros. hit home runs (or, at the very least, triples) with their Avengers, Spider-Man and The Dark Knight properties, while Wolverine, Daredevil and FF miss their full potential. Now that Slade’s out, we can expect to hear movement on a new director – particularly with the studio’s back against the proverbial wall when it comes to character rights – and then, hopefully, we can dig into more important topics. Like casting. And a release date.

For fuck's sake let Marvel have it back.

sharbhund

3 reasons why Fox should give DD back

http://whatculture.com/film/3-reasons-why-fox-should-hand-back-daredevil-film-rights-to-marvel.php

A DD Tv series based on Bendis's run would make me die a happy man. film's based on Miller and Smith's shit, TV based on Bendis and Brubaker. Later seasons can be based on Shadowlands and lead into Heroes for Hire.

There was a rumor recently that Drew Goddard was going to write and direct the next Hulk movie, but Goddard said in an interview that he would like to make a Daredevil movie, and that he grew up with Daredevil quotes on the walls of his room.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If you could remove the blank space after the gif goes through the loop and make it slower, we could use it as the new Herman Cain gif.
Okay, maybe TOO quick and dirty. How sloppy of me. Don't know how to slow it down without making it too choppy though, I think it's fine as is.

Better GIF:

ixgBnY7iZe4jb.gif

Tobor

There was a rumor recently that Drew Goddard was going to write and direct the next Hulk movie, but Goddard said in an interview that he would like to make a Daredevil movie, and that he grew up with Daredevil quotes on the walls of his room.

The rumor was that Goddard and Whedon would write the Hulk movie, and Goddard would direct, which is very wishful thinking. Man, am I wishing.

KevinCow

Banned
cant wait to see the bitching when someone posts this as a reaction gif in a completely unrelated thread

I'm usually all about spoiler sensitivity.

But if you haven't seen The Avengers by now, it's your own damn fault and you deserve everything that happens to you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

But if you haven't seen The Avengers by now, it's your own damn fault and you deserve everything that happens to you.
I am the same way.

I want to just throw it out there in MahvelGAF but I'm still a bit wary.

Salsa

blu-ray aint out, dont be mean. Imagine how pissed off you'd be if somehow you missed it in the theatres and were trying your hardest to avoid stuff like that. How cool the reveal was and how it would lose all of its value if you already knew about it. Why risk that when all you'd want to transmit through a gif is a reaction.

sharbhund

blu-ray aint out, dont be mean. Imagine how pissed off you'd be if somehow you missed it in the theatres and were trying your hardest to avoid stuff like that. How cool the reveal was and how it would lose all of its value if you already knew about it. Why risk that when all you'd want to transmit through a gif is a reaction.

It also hasn't been released in Japan yet.

Anth0ny

Give Marvel back Fantastic 4 too! Damnit I can only imagine how ridiculous the MCU would be if Marvel had their full roster.

Isn't Fox doing a Fantastic 4 reboot? I hope that shit bombs hard enough for the rights to revert back to Marvel. Or is Fantastic 4 such a "strong" franchise that Fox would be willing to do another low-budget film just to retain the rights?

I just want Doom in MCU =(

Nelo Ice

Banned
Isn't Fox doing a Fantastic 4 reboot? I hope that shit bombs hard enough for the rights to revert back to Marvel. Or is Fantastic 4 such a "strong" franchise that Fox would be willing to do another low-budget film just to retain the rights?

I just want Doom in MCU =(

Yeah not gonna lie I hope every non Marvel made film bombs so Marvel can get their whole roster back. I haven't read the comics but after watching Avengers:EMH I want to see the MCU go nuts with a fullly loaded roster. I can only imagine the mark out moments if they had everyone. Like seeing the landmarks alone in say NYC with the Daily Bugle, Stark tower, Baxter building etc in a movie would be absolutely nuts.

Thor 2 Villian released -
Christoper Eccleston as Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed

He was awesome in Doctor Who and of course that's the only full season of Who I've actually watched lol. No clue about the villian besides his appearance in Avengers:EMH.

I love the names of many of those larger than life Marvel villains.
Malekith the Accursed
Kang the Conquerer
Drax the Destroyer
Ronan the Accuser.

They just sound so badass.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I would have thought Amora the Enchantress and Skrurge the Executioner would be the villians in Thor 2.

Top Bottom