• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Am I the only one who's fucking amazed that we might see some of the best/obscure villains/heroes on the big screen, all because of the success of one movie?

This is like a dream come true!

Kusagari

Do you think they could claw away some X men characters too. if i was Marvel i would say a one year extension to do DD, but they can do whatever the fuck they like with X men and some FF characters. Also at the very least they can do what they like with a DD animated series.

I'm surprised they're not trying to get Deadpool from Fox at the least.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I'm not seeing Doom mentioned as part of the deal.

WHY IS DOOM NOT BEING MENTIONED AS PART OF THE DEAL.

we all want victor, but to be fair if Marvel pulls this off you have to look at what came out of FF in the original run back in the 60's....thats right the entire marvel U. So if we have to suffer thru more emo doom and bad FF and we get everything else in return, Galactus, Negative Zone, Silver Surfer, Kree, Skrull, Inhumans etc etc...i guess its something to be considered.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Do you think they could claw away some X men characters too. if i was Marvel i would say a one year extension to do DD, but they can do whatever the fuck they like with X men and some FF characters. Also at the very least they can do what they like with a DD animated series.

X-Men is still profitable to Fox, so no chance in hell.

Are there any female villains they could plausibly use? Female villains hardly ever get screen time in films.

Having said that, outside of Batman's Harlequinn and Poison Ivy (Catwoman is really an anti-hero), I'm struggling to think of any from any comic franchise!

I'd rather see what Marvel can do with DD than have the Fantastic Four. Wonder if Marvel would make DD separate from the Avengers universe and make it their answer to the Batman movies.

I'd rather see what Marvel can do with DD than have the Fantastic Four. Wonder if Marvel would make DD separate from the Avengers universe and make it their answer to the Batman movies.

They'd make it part of the MCU, no doubt. Which is why I'd rather they have FF elements: those slot so perfectly into the currently established MCU.

Besides, they've got Moon Knight and Black Panther for Batman-esque efforts.

KevinCow

Banned
Are there any female villains they could plausibly use? Female villains hardly ever get screen time in films.

Having said that, outside of Batman's Harlequinn and Poison Ivy (Catwoman is really an anti-hero), I'm struggling to think of any from any comic franchise!

Enchantress. Everyone pretty much expected her for Thor 2.

Bleepey

A verbatim adaptation of Bendis and Brubaker's run on DD would make me happier than a verbatim adaptation of Age of Apocalypse as an animated Tv series.

Dram

Can't really think of any besides Madam Hydra and Red Skull's daughter. It's weird, but it seems like a majority of female supervillians fight only female superheros.

evilwart

Not many major women villains.

Batman = Talia al Ghul, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Catwoman
Green Lantern = Star Sapphire
Wonder Woman = Cheetah, Circe, Giganta
Thor = Enchantress
X-Men = Dark Phoenix, Emma Frost, Mystique
Wolverine = Lady Deathstrike

Tobor

Marvel doesn't need an answer to Barman. WB needs an answer to The Avengers.

That said, they have the rights to The Punisher back if they want to get in the grim dark serious business.

EDIT: Who is Barman? Lol.

KevinCow

Banned
BARMAN BEGINS

After seeing his parents murdered by a painfully sober hobo as a child, a billionaire travels the world to get his liquor license so he can make sure the bums of the city are too plastered to ever commit crimes again.

If we get the Skrulls will they finally say the bad guys in Avengers was them.

The Chitauri are legit Marvel aliens, not substitutes, so no. ;p

Skrulls would be a totally different film. The Chitauri may have been Skrull counterparts initially but they developed into something quite different.

mjc

I wouldn't want to see the Skrulls wasted like that. If they do them in film then they should do them properly with the whole Secret Invasion plot.

The thing is, I don't see Marvel introducing a big story like Secret Invasion until they get like 10 movies under their belt. And at that point we're likely looking at recasting a decent amount of the characters.

TDLink

Marvel can already use the Skrulls if they want, they just didn't in Avengers. Probably saving them for a bigger story, which is fine by me.

Personally I think a trade of Silver Surfer + Galactus for an extension on the DD property for FOX would be great. Daredevil doesn't fit too well into the current MCU anyways and FOX's idea for the reboot actually sounds neat. They have a point that if DD was put into the MCU it would probably be PG-13 and their R-rated-sounding idea seems more interesting for that property. Galactus and Silver Surfer would be huge gets for Marvel, especially if they are going to be delving more into Cosmic. They could be used in the GotG movie and/or future cosmic (and earth-bound) films. Doom would be nice as well but Surfer and Galactus alone are pretty huge.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Btw if anyone wants to see the lists of specific characters tied to each license that Marvel still does not have back yet you can find them here:

http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/

Is it wrong that I want every non Marvel produced movie to completely and utterly bomb so they can get the rights back to every single property? Man I'm salivating at the thought of them getting any of the A listers back and making an epic movie. Of course it would probably be a nightmare trying to integrate them into the MCU without it looking ridiculous.

TDLink

Is it wrong that I want every non Marvel produced movie to completely and utterly bomb so they can get the rights back to every single property? Man I'm salivating at the thought of them getting any of the A listers back and making an epic movie. Of course it would probably be a nightmare trying to integrate them into the MCU without it looking ridiculous.

Right now (pulling numbers out of my ass) I would say the chance of them getting the properties back are:

Daredevil/Elektra - 90%
Ghost Rider - 70%
Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer - 40%
Spider-Man - 30%
X-Men/Deadpool - 1%

TDLink

Ghost Rider would be a safe bet. The new one didn't make as much as the first one did.

Yeah but they technically just renewed the license by making a sequel while Daredevil expires October 10th so at this point Daredevil is nearly for certain while Ghost Rider they have 7 years at max to make a decision.

With the previous exception of The Punisher...no. I do like the X Men movies Fox has mad...but fuck I want an AVX movie.

Why can't Fox just do a share arrangement for a film, shit tons of cash, huge leverage for future movies, free press of the property, and it doesn't hurt their movie.

If i was Disney right now id be saying. Jackman Cameo in A2, Full FF Rights back including doom and you can have an extension of both Daredevil and X-Men rights.

I just want to see Civil War or AvX with the current actors playing the roles, The vast majority of virtually iconic in the role at this point.

Bleepey

If i was Disney right now id be saying. Jackman Cameo in A2, Full FF Rights back including doom and you can have an extension of both Daredevil and X-Men rights.

I just want to see Civil War or AvX with the current actors playing the roles, The vast majority of virtually iconic in the role at this point.

It's nice to want things. i don't think they want DD that much. Fox pretty much have a goldmine on their hands but they are uhmming and ahhing as to how they can utilise it. I would love a Marvel street team Universe and a cosmic universe. Imagine a Daredevil and a Heroes for Hire Tv series cameos by Moon Knight and maybe Caulson?

Top Bottom