• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Wow good news. Yeah Daredevil isn't as big as F4 or Spider-man, but the more heroes Marvel has back in its own stable again, the better.

Those concept trailers were... interesting, but not mind blowing. It seemed like a slightly recut trailer of the original. I didn't really feel it do anything different.

Anth0ny

DC tries to hire Affleck for Justice League. Marvel swoops in and offers him Daredevil with him starring as Matt Murdock again. The troll is complete.

Getting Kingpin and The Hand back might be the most exciting parts of this for Marvel. Fantastic villains that work with anyone.

After all, if that Heroes for Hire show actually gets made, Kingpin would be a fantastic fit.

I love The Warriors, so I'm completely sold on those pitch videos. I totally see how that sensibility would work for Daredevil, especially if Carnahan worked in comic book panels, like Hill did with his director's cut. While I'm glad Marvel got their property back, I wish Carnahan could have delivered his movie first. As it is, I don't think we'll see ol' Hornhead back on the big screen for a good number of years.

I remember reading somewhere awhile ago that Guillermo Del Toro wanted to do Doctor Strange and Neil Gaiman wanted to write it. The universe would not be able to handle it if that became reality.

That sounds awesome. I can just imagine the awesome spectacle a Dr Strange movie could be.

I don't post in here because I hate most of these movies but Marvel needs to fucking hire Joe Carnahan for DD. Those videos he posted were awesome.

TDLink

If there's any justice in the world Marvel will get back Deadpool and stuff. I have to ask this, is stuff like Cesspool it's own separate licence. I mean he's not a mutant and Fox seem to be Stalinist sweet time with it. Is there a chance Deadpool's rightts could revert back?

Also

http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/

Deadpool is, unfortunately, part of the X-Men license. He is explicitly named as "Deadpool/Wade Wilson" in the agreement.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Deadpool is, unfortunately, part of the X-Men license. He is explicitly named as "Deadpool/Wade Wilson" in the agreement.

I will forgive the powers that let that abomination called "Deadpool" exist in Wolverine if they finally greenlight the Deadpool-script that has been all over the internet by now.

sharbhund

My favorite part of the Fox-Disney negotiations over Daredevil rights is that after Disney asked for Galactus and the Silver Surfer in exchange for an extension, Fox's counter-proposal was that Disney could co-finance the Daredevil reboot with them. In other words, "You pay us money, and we'll keep the rights to all your characters."

Blader

Oh man, that's great. Rough and bloody retro-style crime thriller suits Daredevil perfectly - shame it's not gonna happen. Same thing with Heroes for Hire - I think a period piece is the best way to approach them.

It does? Carnahan's pitch is interesting but I don't really see what about Daredevil necessitates being set in the 70s. X-Men or Fantastic Four, I could see what would be gained by making those period pieces, but I don't really see the point in doing that with Daredevil.

Getting Kingpin and The Hand back might be the most exciting parts of this for Marvel. Fantastic villains that work with anyone.

After all, if that Heroes for Hire show actually gets made, Kingpin would be a fantastic fit.

Marvel actually wouldn't be getting Kingpin back. Kingpin is apparently part of the Spider-Man property (owned by Sony), and he was just on loan to FOX when he appeared in the DD movie.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Damn that sucks. Kingpin could open a lot of doors for fun stories.

TDLink

It does? Carnahan's pitch is interesting but I don't really see what about Daredevil necessitates being set in the 70s. X-Men or Fantastic Four, I could see what would be gained by making those period pieces, but I don't really see the point in doing that with Daredevil.

Marvel actually wouldn't be getting Kingpin back. Kingpin is apparently part of the Spider-Man property (owned by Sony), and he was just on loan to FOX when he appeared in the DD movie.

No, that's incorrect. Kingpin was absolutely part of the Kingpin license, not the Spider-Man one despite the fact that kingpin originates from the Spider-Man comics.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118057848.html?cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews

The Mouse House cannot exploit characters including Spider-Man, Venom, Ghost Rider, the X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four, the Silver Surfer, Elektra and Deadpool because the those characters were already licensed to other studios. Rights-holders that can prove films are in active development retain those rights in perpetuity.

What the shit is this? Why is Fox letting go of Daredevil but keeping Elektra??

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Variety article certainly isn't "official" as its largely conjecture and touting "sources" as thats how its probably gonna go. Fox could still pull some truly odious shit.

But Daredevil and Punisher potentially in the same Marvel Universe again alongside some Dr Strange action? Almost an entire 3rd wave of movies there!

Heroes for Hire needs to be a tongue-in-cheek cartoon, a comingling of Venture Brothers and something like Black Dynamite. Would be god-tier and lend itself well to an episodic format.

Blader

No, that's incorrect. Kingpin was absolutely part of the Kingpin license, not the Spider-Man one despite the fact that kingpin originates from the Spider-Man comics.

That's what I had thought, but apparently not.

SHH: Does Sony have the rights to Kingpin? That was a great Spider-Man villain until Frank Miller took him for his run on Daredevil and he became known more as a Daredevil villain, appearing in that movie.

Arad: Believe it or not, Kingpin was on loan to Daredevil, so again, anything that is part of the Spider-Man Universe or introduced in the Spider-Man Universe--without getting too legal beagle here--is an opportunity, and if we have a story that Kingpin is important, I'm sure we can handle that.

http://www.superherohype.com/featur...-with-the-producers-of-the-amazing-spider-man

ReiGun

B8gLk.png

:'( Just keeps reopening the wound.

Tobor

Variety article certainly isn't "official" as its largely conjecture and touting "sources" as thats how its probably gonna go. Fox could still pull some truly odious shit.

But Daredevil and Punisher potentially in the same Marvel Universe again alongside some Dr Strange action? Almost an entire 3rd wave of movies there!

That's true, but now they don't have a script, director, cast, or anything but the license. There's no way they're starting production before the October deadline. It's as close to official as it can be.

Anth0ny

Robert Downey Jr. injured on the set of ‘Iron Man 3’, production on Marvel studio super hero film delayed

This never happens to Thor.

Production on “Iron Man 3” was halted Tuesday after actor Robert Downey was hurt while filming a key scene.

“Robert Downey Jr. sustained an ankle injury on the set of ‘Iron Man 3’ in Wilmington, N.C., while performing a stunt,” Marvel Studios said in a statement. “There will be a short delay in the production schedule while he recuperates.”

Despite the delay, the film is expected to be on track for its May 3 release date. That’s key for the studio considering the first two installments in the super hero franchise netted $1.2 billion worldwide at the box office.

The 47-year-old actor is also the biggest name tied to Marvel’s super team up franchise within a franchise “Avengers.”

Production started on the film in June and is said to be nearing a wrapping. The movie also stars returnees Don Cheadle and Gwyneth Paltrow plus new villains Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce.

Downey had told the Daily News in April he was looking forward to filming the movie, with his old pal screenwriter Shane Black who inherited the director's chair from Jon Favreau.

Any time I put the suit on once I get past the initial discomfort, it's still fun,” Downey said at the time. “I definitely have a return to the sense of wonder that I had before doing the first ‘Iron Man.’”

walk it off Tony!

Top Bottom