• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

GBONZZZZ

I dunno who it was here that pointed out Huginn and Muninn in The Avengers, but I just found out they were in Thor, too.

tumblr_m6x828th2h1rwljyao1_400.gif

tumblr_m6x828th2h1rwljyao2_500.gif

Neat.

Who are they?

Seems like old Ike Perlmutter has been shaking things up at Disney Consumer Products division for sometime bringing his stingy management style to Disney now.

Financial Times broke the news about three black female execs who were suing Disney and one of them has settled since. The stinginess Ike does for the Marvel Publishing division is legendary. Anyway the FT article talks about the Cheadle replacement in IM2 and an alleged remark.

The FT article and Deadline reporting on it
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/34fe39a6-e79f-11e1-8686-00144feab49a.html#axzz23qM4CidB

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/dis...ge-control-ike-perlmutter-from-media-attacks/

The Beat , a comics industry blog has written about horrible working conditions at Marvel Publishing in NY attributed to his cheapness.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/2011/10/2...ate-is-coming-from-inside-the-house-of-ideas/

Sounds like a piece of trash, even without the racist horseshit (Which, if I had to choose, I'd guess is true).

The decision to replace Howard with someone that looks nothing like him had to have come from an ignorant place.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sounds like a piece of trash, even without the racist horseshit (Which, if I had to choose, I'd guess is true).

The decision to replace Howard with someone that looks nothing like him had to have come from an ignorant place.

Guess we're definitely not going to see a Black Panther movie any time soon.

Nesotenso

Nah, no one can confirm that Ike ever said that but what I read is that Howard got more money for IM1 than RDJ. I believe the sole reason he wasn't brought back was that he never signed a multi-movie deal with Marvel Studios, so the second movie would be more expensive with him in it.

On the budget front, since the success of the Avengers Disney and more importantly Marvel Studios seem more willing it increase the budget. IM3 got an increase after the Avengers box office numbers

edit: of course Ike being a racist dbag is also a possibility.

TDLink

Kat Dennings is back for Thor: The Dark World

Not particularly enthused about this casting info. I don't really see how they can make this character interesting, especially with the focus being shifted away from Earth for this movie. I suspect she'll mainly do what she did in the first film (comment about how silly Thor is) but this time in regards to all of Asgard.

Reiko

Banned
Kat Dennings is back for Thor: The Dark World

Not particularly enthused about this casting info. I don't really see how they can make this character interesting, especially with the focus being shifted away from Earth for this movie. I suspect she'll mainly do what she did in the first film (comment about how silly Thor is) but this time in regards to all of Asgard.

kat-dennings.jpg

Can't see why not...

Nope

Dennings hid her boobies well in Thor. Time for another eye candy disappointment. Well... More shirtless Chris Hemsworth for the ladies.

Didn't he allude to knowing Hank Pym in Thor as well?

I thought it was just Bruce Banner he alluded to - "leading expert in gamma radiation" and all that.
Found the interview, Kevin Feige mentioned that the other scientist that Selvig knows (The person who has experience iwth SHIELD that he mentioned going off to contact towards the end of that scene) is indeed Hank Pym, but they just took the name out because it seemed excessive after making the Banner reference right before.

Is old Physicist guy going to be around? I totally forget what happened to him in Avengers.

He was on the roof when Black Widow shut down the space portal thingie. I think that was last scene he was in.

Selvig? He was the one who placed the cube inside the glass cylinder thingy for Thor and Loki to go back to Asgard. You can see him standing on the outside of the group.

I'd guess he could be in Thor 2 but since he's working for S.H.I.E.L.D. then I'd also guess he'd be in the CA 2 movie as well.

strafer

MR EKO.

Variety is reporting that actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje will be taking on two villain roles, sort of, for the upcoming Marvel Studios film Thor: The Dark World. He will be portraying Algrim the Strong and Kurse.

Algrim first appeared in Thor #347 and was one of the most powerful of the dark elves. He is given the task of killing Thor by Malekith the Accursed (set to be played by Christopher Eccleston). He is betrayed by Malekith who tries to kill Thor by allowing both the god of thunder and Algrim to fall to their deaths. While both survived, Algrim developed amnesia from the event and is transformed into the much more powerful being Kurse.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has appeared on screen in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, The Bourne Identity, and played Mr. Eko on "Lost."

Thor: The Dark World reunites Chris Hemsworth with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, and Natalie Portman as the love interest Jane Foster. Alan Taylor ("Game of Thrones") is stepping behind the camera for its November 8, 2013 release date.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93923

TDLink

Did they just give away some of the plot?

Maybe sort of. They are just saying he has been cast for these roles and explaining how they are really the same character based on what happened in the comics involving him. It doesn't mean that is what will happen in his MCU iteration, though it seems like a definite possibility.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Kevin Feige discusses Guardians of the Galaxy:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=66328

Akin to Joss Whedon teasing Marvel's The Avengers untitled sequel while promoting the original box office behemoth in Japan, a few weeks ago, Marvel Studios' president of production made an effort to tease the 2014 movie coming before The Avengers reassemble; Guardians of the Galaxy. In yet another rough translation, via Japanese blog Nifty, Kevin Feige seemingly explains why the Guardians were greenlit, among other things.

During the Q&A session published only three days ago, Kevin Feige revealed the reason he and the studio are moving forward with Guardians of the Galaxy is because he “wanted to do something with it space.” He continues, “I've got a story I wanted to tell the world [that is] not directly related with the characters of "The Avengers," [until?] a little later.” While the Guardians & The Avengers aren't exactly “related,” it's strongly believed the former movie will lead directly into the latter's upcoming sequel in 2015; hence “a little later.”

Moving along, that response prompted the interviewer to bring up the otherworldly villain, Thanos, who made his live-action debut during Marvel's The Avengers mid-credits stinger. After being asked flat out would the Mad Titan appear in Guardians of the Galaxy, Feige apparently grins before saying, “I'm out (laughs) of course, because there is meaning [to the credits stinger].” Considering the so-far confirmed Guardians roster includes characters linked to Thanos, his inclusion is almost inevitable. However, today it's seemingly been confirmed.

Alot of us already suspected this, but Thanos in GOTG is gonna be freaking sweet.

I have heard rumors about Dr. Strange being in the next Thor movie. Is there any word on that?

Would be disappointed to see Strange's cinematic debut as a side character. He can start making cameos once he stars in his own film.

more black people in asgard? that cant be good...
Asgardians can be whatever color they want. These aren't the gods of Norse myth, who were just deifications of the Norse people. These are essentially aliens.

Top Bottom