• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.geekzenith.com/2012/08/1...rs-hes-set-to-play-vision-in-avengers-sequel/

Vin Diesel to play the Vision in Avengers 2??

This can't be true. LOL

vindiesel1.jpg

Nicole Perlman scripted and Chris McCoy is rewriting. No director or cast has been announced at this point. Guardians of the Galaxy is set for release on August 1, 2014.

Who the fuck is Nicole Perlman and Chris McCoy? Marvel scraping the bottom of the barrel again.

Tobor

Who the fuck is Nicole Perlman and Chris McCoy? Marvel scraping the bottom of the barrel again.

While he has yet to achieve a produced credit, McCoy is considered to have a lot of heat as a writer. The scribe has had three of his specs land on the Black List: Get Back in 2007, Good Looking in 2009 and Good Kids in 2011. His scripts have been praised for their quirky comedic bent.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-list-guardians-of-the-galaxy-marvel-357868

If anybody's interested in this sort of thing, folks on the Blu-ray.com forum have uncovered that Best Buy in the U.S. is getting the Viva Metal Box case (that Futureshop in Canada got first) for the upcoming Blu-ray release of The Avengers. Same deal as usual, put down money towards the Blu-ray and get the case ahead of the movie's release. Great news if you're a movie collector and didn't want to import from Germany or wherever else just for the case.

Damn, between this and the Target Bonus Disc version and the Phase One Collection, this may be the first movie I've spent too damn much on.

Dave_6

If anybody's interested in this sort of thing, folks on the Blu-ray.com forum have uncovered that Best Buy in the U.S. is getting the Viva Metal Box case (that Futureshop in Canada got first) for the upcoming Blu-ray release of The Avengers. Same deal as usual, put down money towards the Blu-ray and get the case ahead of the movie's release. Great news if you're a movie collector and didn't want to import from Germany or wherever else just for the case.

Damn, between this and the Target Bonus Disc version and the Phase One Collection, this may be the first movie I've spent too damn much on.

If that is actually the case BB is getting I will get that for sure! Love the cover art.

Hindle

Banned

This is the offical Marvel premise

Earlier this week a logline made the rounds describing the plot as concerning “a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants."

Thats the incarnation they are going with, which as I'm not familiar with the series sounds incredible.

Nesotenso

Seems like old Ike Perlmutter has been shaking things up at Disney Consumer Products division for sometime bringing his stingy management style to Disney now.

Financial Times broke the news about three black female execs who were suing Disney and one of them has settled since. The stinginess Ike does for the Marvel Publishing division is legendary. Anyway the FT article talks about the Cheadle replacement in IM2 and an alleged remark.

Financial Times said:
A racial remark allegedly made by Mr Perlmutter to Mr Mooney was also relayed to senior Disney managers, the FT was told by people familiar with the account. Mr Perlmutter is said to have detailed efforts to cut costs at Marvel, including a switch in actors in the sequel to Iron Man.
The first movie featured an African-American actor, Terrence Howard, as Colonel Jim Rhodes. Don Cheadle, another African-American actor, was hired for the same part in the sequel at a cheaper price.
Mr Perlmutter apparently told Mr Mooney the change cut costs. He allegedly added words to the effect that no one would notice because black people “look the same”.

The FT article and Deadline reporting on it
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/34fe39a6-e79f-11e1-8686-00144feab49a.html#axzz23qM4CidB

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/dis...ge-control-ike-perlmutter-from-media-attacks/

The Beat , a comics industry blog has written about horrible working conditions at Marvel Publishing in NY attributed to his cheapness.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/2011/10/2...ate-is-coming-from-inside-the-house-of-ideas/

TDLink

That doesn't really sound like "Guardians" so much as "Oceans Eleven in space".

That premise is the exact same one they used in the comics to get the modern team together in Annihilation: Conquest...so...this is exactly as it should be.

See Annihilation: Conquest Starlord Issue #1 for the full story. Here's a sample:

J10

Banned
Is there any kind of fan movement on the internet to get Black Panther going in the MCU? A petition somewhere I can sign or something? A bunch of people are still scribbling 'Coulson Lives' on strangers' pattios but I don't see nearly enough outcry for a BP movie.

Kizer

Is there any kind of fan movement on the internet to get Black Panther going in the MCU? A petition somewhere I can sign or something? A bunch of people are still scribbling 'Coulson Lives' on strangers' pattios but I don't see nearly enough outcry for a BP movie.

Not that I know of. Why not start something?

J10

Banned
I dunno who it was here that pointed out Huginn and Muninn in The Avengers, but I just found out they were in Thor, too.

tumblr_m6x828th2h1rwljyao1_400.gif

tumblr_m6x828th2h1rwljyao2_500.gif

Neat.

ReiGun

I send Kevin Feige a passionate and detailed email every Friday detailing just how great a move adding Panther to the MCU would be. I even include pictures and cite sources.

You are welcome to join me in this noble undertaking.

Kizer

I dunno who it was here that pointed out Huginn and Muninn in The Avengers, but I just found out they were in Thor, too.

tumblr_m6x828th2h1rwljyao1_400.gif

tumblr_m6x828th2h1rwljyao2_500.gif

Neat.

That makes me wanna re-watch all the marvel movies and see if I can find some stuff I probably missed before. I had no idea they were there.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I will rejoice the minute Perlmutter leaves Marvel, but it will probably take a lot to oust him.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Neat.

That's cool that people are finding new things about movies that they are overlooked in first place. I like small things like that. By the way, I didn't even noticed them in Thor, but I did noticed them in Avengers.

Top Bottom