• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

.GqueB.

Banned

aTP84.jpg

boom!

Quick

Banned
So, I was just watching a clip of Cap giving orders after they all get together. I didn't notice it until now that Stark says "Call it, Captain" beforehand.

They're going to take Robin away from HIMYM aren't they :(

I doubt it. I don't know how Hollywood works but it seems like a big FU to the shows creators to bail towards the end. But, maybe they're on good terms and they give Colbie their blessings in advancing her career. That is, assuming that Colbie thinks this would advance her career. I don't know what opportunities are available to her at this point in her career.

Quick

Banned
They could relegate her to a recurring role in HIMYM. The show is in the tail end of its lifespan. It has two seasons left at best.

KevinCow

Banned
So, I was just watching a clip of Cap giving orders after they all get together. I didn't notice it until now that Stark says "Call it, Captain" beforehand.

I noticed that, and I loved it.

Despite their earlier confrontation, when the chips were down, Stark knew that Cap was the one who should be making the calls.

I noticed that, and I loved it.

Despite their earlier confrontation, when the chips were down, Stark knew that Cap was the one who should be making the calls.

That is because Stark is a smart guy. Everybody knows not to fuck with Cap. Even Superman realized it pretty quickly.

Bleepey

Of course he is.

Not sure how a S.H.I.E.L.D. show will work. It's going to be weird.

A shield show will just be used for a launchpad for spinoffs. Think about it, what do Shield do? They are involved in global and international security depending on the writer. In the MCU they seem to be involved in shit on a global scale as well as lower level shit like. Coulson, Maria Hill, Banner and occasional guest Appearances by Director Fury and Stark for a series finale. It will probably be shit like: Hydra are kicking off a fuss, they have a mole called Bob and need to get their fast, they just need to be careful not to fly over Wakandan airspace cos the Black Panther might run through SHIELD's shit like they were a Skrull invasion, the Leader is kicking up a fuss, Banner get to it, holy shit SHIELD needs to engage in some off the books shit or look after some VIPS like Wakandan Royalty (Heroes for hire get to it), in this weeks episode Jessica Jones and Luke Cage investigate why there is a crazed psychopath who on every full moon thinks he is Batman, Coulson could be curious about a certain man who dresses up in red and kicks ass around Hell's Kitchen and why do red-clad ninjas follow him everywhere, coming up next week: Maria Hill talks to Dr Hank Pym about the potential military applications of his Pym particles, in the season finale Stark and Fury and certain Guardians of the Galaxy deal with an intergalactic threat. There could be special episodes that lead up to Cap 2, Thor 2, Hulk Lords knows what number and Avengers 2. I spent waaaaaaay too long on this.

Just a hunch, but does anyone think that the new Avengers short, Item 47 is a setup for the upcoming TV show?

According to that link, which does have spoilers, if anyone cares, three field agents and a R&D guy are all set up in the short.

At least two of these four, Lizzy Caplan and Titus Welliver have a lot of TV experience, so having those two(four?) as main characters, along with Hill and Coulson, could be a pretty good cast.

Just some random speculation, but I doubt that Marvel would go through all the trouble of all of these shorts and not re-use some of the characters in this new TV show. Especially when this new short is 12 minutes long and apparently actually develops them a decent bit.

I don't know. Just my $.02.

Just a hunch, but does anyone think that the new Avengers short, Item 47 is a setup for the upcoming TV show?

According to that link, which does have spoilers, if anyone cares, three field agents and a R&D guy are all set up in the short.

At least two of these four, Lizzy Caplan and Titus Welliver have a lot of TV experience, so having those two(four?) as main characters, along with Hill and Coulson, could be a pretty good cast.

Just some random speculation, but I doubt that Marvel would go through all the trouble of all of these shorts and not re-use some of the characters in this new TV show. Especially when this new short is 12 minutes long and apparently actually develops them a decent bit.

I don't know. Just my $.02.

is item 47 good? character, tone, story, does it look like it will make a good tv show?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Some new details on the new armor in Iron Man 3:

http://latino-review.com/2012/09/04/iron-man-3-exclusive-mach-xlvii-armor/

The Extremis-enhanced bad guys under direction of Ben Kingsley’s Mandarin villain are going to be too much for Tony to handle on his own, so he thinks ahead, thinks big and has a plan. Tony’s about to go out and fight some bad guys when he mentions the Mark XLVII to Pepper Potts. Pepper asks what happened to the other forty and Tony just smiles.

From the cockpit of Mark XLVII Tony is able to control multiple armors in battle. We over here at LR have been vaguely aware of an action scene where Tony was going to control multiple Iron Man suits (presumably they look similar to distract his enemies as to the location of kill-able Iron Man Prime), but the number 40 seems…awesome. 40 Iron Men.

Wow... that shit is crazy.

Also, Wang Xueqi will be playing Radioactive Man.

CHEN-LU.jpeg

The Extremis-enhanced bad guys under direction of Ben Kingsley’s Mandarin villain are going to be too much for Tony to handle on his own, so he thinks ahead, thinks big and has a plan. Tony’s about to go out and fight some bad guys when he mentions the Mark XLVII to Pepper Potts. Pepper asks what happened to the other forty and Tony just smiles.

From the cockpit of Mark XLVII Tony is able to control multiple armors in battle. We over here at LR have been vaguely aware of an action scene where Tony was going to control multiple Iron Man suits (presumably they look similar to distract his enemies as to the location of kill-able Iron Man Prime), but the number 40 seems…awesome. 40 Iron Men.

CHEN-LU.jpeg
They just took the badass up to eleven.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

CHEN-LU.jpeg
Sounds awesome.

Still scared about the crazy number of villains in one film though..

noah111

Still Alive
My god. 1,218 images. Someone should combine them all into a single gif.

Downside to the SHIELD show: Jeph Loeb is an executive producer. Uh oh.
That's the only reason i'm a bit weary.. they could easily kill all the MCU hype in a single punch if this show ends up being disastrous or incredibly meh.

This will be epic. It's a classic comic book moment that they've used a few times, but it's always pretty neat to see on paper. Shall be glorious on screen.

http://i.imgur.com/T7aKl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Q5YQ.png

That's the only reason i'm a bit weary.. they could easily kill all the MCU hype in a single punch if this show ends up being disastrous or incredibly meh.

Upside: Loeb was one of the executive producers on the first season of Heroes.
Downside: Loeb was one of the executive producers on the other seasons of Heroes.

Kizer

Hopefully the show can overcome the cancer that is Loeb.

fun fact: I hate no one in the industry more than him.
my earth's mightiest heroes scar still aches

I dreamed that Marvel shocked everyone by announcing a Union Jack movie starring Liam Neeson and Nicole Kidman.

Stop. I want a Captain Briton movie....after they get X-men back.

Kizer

I don't think I dislike anything this Roger Wardell guy said. I kinda hope he is right on the money. That being said, I really liked Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull and I want to see him do it again sooner than later.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Of course he is.

Not sure how a S.H.I.E.L.D. show will work. It's going to be weird.

probably inspired by steranko's nick fury's legendary run. Can introduce quartermain, carters great niece, various c-list heroes that have been agents etc etc. It will just be a 24 \ xfiles like show, sci fi/investigation/action drama.

TDLink

This guy's Twitter account has been correctly predicting the direction of Marvel's Phase 2 films.

https://twitter.com/RogerWardell

Dr. Strange in Thor 2? Baron Zemo in Captain America 2? Got damn!

So if everything that twitter account says is correct, here is what it reveals:

• Marvel has a Black Panther Script like Latino Review claimed but it hasn't gotten a greenlight because they don't know if the character can draw enough of an audience for his own film.
  • Baron Zemo will be the villain in Captain America: Winter Soldier
  • Pepper Potts' role in IM3 will be surprising and unexpected...(My speculation: Rescue suit maybe?)
  • Doctor Strange will appear in some way in Thor: The Dark World
  • Viggo Mortensen is in negotiation with Marvel studios for an unspecified role in one of the Phase 2 Marvel films.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My guess is Rescue too.

I have a feeling IM3 will mirror what's going on in the comics right now a bit + Armor Wars + Extremis.

Sounds crazy ambitious. Still scared.

EDIT: There's a LOT more in that Twitter account than you've bulleted, TDLink. Including
Adam Warlock and Magus
in GotG.

TDLink

My guess is Rescue too.

I have a feeling IM3 will mirror what's going on in the comics right now a bit + Armor Wars + Extremis.

Sounds crazy ambitious. Still scared.

EDIT: There's a LOT more in that Twitter account than you've bulleted, TDLink. Including
Adam Warlock and Magus
in GotG.

I didn't scroll down far enough I guess! Good catch though. Very happy that they haven't forgotten about one of the coolest members of the GotG.

And my wallet is breathing a sigh of relief (September was going to destroy my wallet) so I can just wait until next spring to get this set - it's already preordered on Amazon. Picking up the 4-disc set from Target then as I have all of the other movies on bd.

Liamario

Banned
That shot in The Avengers
where captain america uses iron man's beam to take out some of the enemies. It would have worked better if iron man gave him the beam from one hand and then use his other hand to kill other enemies

TDLink

Hmm, I dunno. I like Viggo, but he seems a bit too solemn for Strange IMO.

But Marvel has been hitting out of the park with casting lately, so I trust their judgement.

Viggo won't necessarily be playing Strange, just some character in the upcoming films...maybe.

Top Bottom