• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I wouldn't mind seeing these heroes cameo in others' films. I do think getting Captain America into Thor 2 sounds a bit difficult though with all we know about the film so far (and how it will likely be on Earth for barely any time at all). There is already going to be a lot going on too if they are introducing Doctor Strange alongside all the Thor stuff going on. I think cameos in pretty much any of the other films would work better than this one, but we'll see what happens.

I could see at the end of Thor 2, Thor returns back to earth and Cap is there to welcome him back.

ReiGun

They could work the cameos in as part of the build up for A2. Have Cap come in and say he needs Thor to give advising on some mystical space mumbo jumbo (that happens to be Infinity Gauntlet related).

Why can't I have my mainstream black Marvel superhero! :mad:
You're getting one.

457860-falcon550.jpg

Gonna ride Captain America's coattails straight to stardom.

TDLink

Falcon could also just appear in Cap 2 and not make it for Avengers 2. I mean, War Machine wasn't in Avengers either. I think of the "co-starring" heroes this round Doctor Strange has the best chance of making it.

Nathan Fillion unable to play Peter Quill/Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy due to "Castle"

Disappointing since he was actually perfect for this role...and it seems like he had it if he wanted it.

Sayyy.... Aren't there other characters in Guardians of the Galaxy?
Maybe even characters that will be fully CGI?

I
Am
Groot.

And there goes your pants.

ReiGun

As much as I hate the Falcon, I'd rather he did make it on the team for diversity's sake. And, unlike WM, he's not just a different version of a main team member.

Falcon and Strange would be cool. Another female member would be nice, but it doesn't look like any are in the movie pipeline (Carol :<).

Might as well accept it now, BP fans. The most BP will ever be featured in MCU is a co-starring role.

The name "Black Panther" is toxic in America.
They could just call him "The Panther". But honestly, I think the entire idea of the character isn't going to jive with audiences.

TDLink

Sayyy.... Aren't there other characters in Guardians of the Galaxy?
Maybe even characters that will be fully CGI?

I
Am
Groot.

And there goes your pants.

If you're implying Nathan Fillion could be the Voice of Groot...well I think that is a bit of a waste of his talents just for the sake of getting him in the movie. Anyone can do Groot.

As much as I hate the Falcon, I'd rather he did make it on the team for diversity's sake. And, unlike WM, he's not just a different version of a main team member.

Falcon and Strange would be cool. Another female member would be nice, but it doesn't look like any are in the movie pipeline (Carol :<).

They could just call him "The Panther". But honestly, I think the entire idea of the character isn't going to jive with audiences.

Don't forget we have Ant-Man coming before Avengers 2 also. They could easily add Ant-Man and Wasp so we're looking at 2-4 potential additions to the team.

Joss Whedon confirmed it last week but I am pretty sure this is the first time Gunn has said it himself.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
im ok with falcon, he's had some good stuff over the years, but no time to develop his story its someone elses movie. Its nice to have the first african american and long time cap ally though. BP might be caught up in FF4 though? i dunno technically made an appearance in that book but not sure if that was his first or his solo was his first. Lets pray Fox doesnt have that. I'd like falcon in Cap2 but for avengers Cage..definitely, and the rock is perfect. I think we might get an Ironfist/Cage move tho so theres still hope for...Avengers 3 maybe??

Okay, could maybe be a good movie then.

&#8220;For a month or so there&#8217;s been a lot of Internet speculation about my involvement with Marvel&#8217;s &#8216;Guardians of the Galaxy.&#8217; Until now I haven&#8217;t said anything, because I&#8217;m trying to be less expulsive about this project than I am about the rest of my life. But last night I got the go-ahead from Kevin Feige to let you all know that, yes, indeed, I am rewriting and directing &#8216;Guardians of the Galaxy.&#8217;

As a lifelong lover of Marvel comics, space epics, AND raccoons, this is the movie I&#8217;ve been waiting to make since I was nine years old. Kevin, Joss, and all the folks at Marvel have been amazing collaborators so far, and we&#8217;re committed to bringing you something majestic, beautiful, and unique. I am incredibly excited. I am also incredibly grateful to the fans and the press for all their words of encouragement and support regarding my involvement with this project since the news first leaked. Thanks &#8211; you have, honestly, touched and overwhelmed me.

And that&#8217;s it for now. Other than the occasional photos of my dog and cat here on Facebook, I&#8217;ll talk to you again in August 2014 when &#8216;Guardians&#8217; is released!&#8221;

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'm guessing Falcon will be a SHIELD agent in the MCU and play a secondary role in the Avengers, similar to Hawkeye.

I remember Chris Evans saying in a previous interview that he probably wouldn't do any cameos since his only under a six movie contract, and one cameo counts as a movie. But from that new interview it sounds like he would want to do it just for the heck of it. Seems like him and Hemsworth really have become buddies.

It seems like people are forgetting about War Machine when it comes to black heroes in the MCU, but I do agree that I would love to see BP, not only because he's badass but for a more unique black hero who's less of a "me-too"/sidekick.

TDLink

Three new pieces from the twitter:

Inside News: Marvel is hoping for SHIELD to kickstart the MCU in television form. Much like how Iron Man started the MCU in the first place.

Something that was very overlooked in The Avengers, but is still of great importance is that Tony Stark has access to Thor's DNA

Inside News: Elements of the delayed/postponed series Mockingbird will be incorporated into S.H.I.E.L.D.

Mafro

I got the Avengers Blu-ray yesterday and watched that Item 47 short. I really hope they incorporate those characters into the TV show as they seem like a perfect fit. Basically the plot is:
Lizzie Caplan and her boyfriend steal one of the Chitauri guns in the aftermath of the attack on New York. They somehow reverse engineer it to get it working again and go around robbing some banks. Agent Sitwell of SHIELD pursues them and finally catches them but instead of arresting them, they are both hired by SHIELD to help reverse engineer more alien tech.

I got the Avengers Blu-ray yesterday and watched that Item 47 short. I really hope they incorporate those characters into the TV show as they seem like a perfect fit. Basically the plot is:
Lizzie Caplan and her boyfriend steal one of the Chitauri guns in the aftermath of the attack on New York. They somehow reverse engineer it to get it working again and go around robbing some banks. Agent Sitwell of SHIELD pursues them and finally catches them but instead of arresting them, they are both hired by SHIELD to help reverse engineer more alien tech.

I speculated the same thing when I found the plot of Item 47 on wikipedia. I personally think it is a great lead in, especially when half of those actors in the short have extended experience with television. Could work well, IMO.

that's like a perfect setup for a tv show, self contained episodes of new alien tech of the day, they can stretch it and filled with filler if they want with some occasional plot moving episodes.

Quick

Banned

Something that was very overlooked in The Avengers, but is still of great importance is that Tony Stark has access to Thor's DNA

I'm guessing Tony found the small dagger Loki used to stab Thor at Stark Tower while cleaning up, but can someone enlighten me on what that could entail?

Also, I've been going through the scene prior to the ending, with Tony and Pepper at Stark Tower checking blueprints, and I thought it was cool seeing little bits of details on what he plans to do with it now (Avengers Tower). He spreads out plans for each member of the team, giving them a floor each, with a side elevator access to a Quinjet, and a training area. I took some screens:

Blader

I remember Chris Evans saying in a previous interview that he probably wouldn't do any cameos since his only under a six movie contract, and one cameo counts as a movie. But from that new interview it sounds like he would want to do it just for the heck of it. Seems like him and Hemsworth really have become buddies.

Yeah that could happen. Downey did his cameo in Hulk just for the hell of it; it didn't count towards his contract.

I'm drawing a blank, how does Tony have access to Thor's DNA?

I'm guessing Tony found the small dagger Loki used to stab Thor at Stark Tower while cleaning up, but can someone enlighten me on what that could entail?

Also, I've been going through the scene prior to the ending, with Tony and Pepper at Stark Tower checking blueprints, and I thought it was cool seeing little bits of details on what he plans to do with it now (Avengers Tower). He spreads out plans for each member of the team, giving them a floor each, with a side elevator access to a Quinjet, and a training area. I took some screens:

I think Tony cloned Thor in the comics once

ReiGun

Gonna be doing a lot of renovation as they add new members.

sharbhund

It looks like each of them has a room, rather than a floor.

Beth Cyra

Thor has been cloned twice, second time Stark, Richards, and Skrull Pym did it.

Please let this be what happens. Even if it's just Tony, could lead to the smack down that Iron Man got in the comics. Love Tony/IM, but I would give alot of money to have that scene play out between Chris and RDJ.

Please let this be what happens. Even if it's just Tony, could lead to the smack down that Iron Man got in the comics. Love Tony/IM, but I would give alot of money to have that scene play out between Chris and RDJ.
That scene from the Thor series was so great. And the best part of Civil War was Tony getting his ass kicked by Cap.

Beth Cyra

That scene from the Thor series was so great. And the best part of Civil War was Tony getting his ass kicked by Cap.

Cap was a badass in Civil War. I understand the problem that alot of people have with CW, I do but I do think there were several good things about the story line mixed with the bad.

Thor's return is probably my single favorite comic moment in the last 20 years, and the relationship and the amount of love and respect that everyone showed Cap be it big names like Thor or Wolverine or the small guys was truly a sight to behold.

That and I really want to see Chris show Iron Man that he is a bitch, and finally hear him say that he is the God of Thunder.

Tony then goes after Thor in Thorbuster only to realize oh shit, Thor got an upgrade or something. Maybe Thor gets the OdinForce? Like he has had in the comics before? And Thor goes, fuck you tony, hammer time, armor breaks.

Beth Cyra

Tony then goes after Thor in Thorbuster only to realize oh shit, Thor got an upgrade or something. Maybe Thor gets the OdinForce? Like he has had in the comics before? And Thor goes, fuck you tony, hammer time, armor breaks.

Thor is a monster without Odinforce/King Thor and would bust Iron Man's Thor armor without it.

Odinforce/King Thor isn't something to be fucked with, very few of the earth bound heroes could even scratch King Thor.

Yeah but this is movieverse so Thor obviously is just an alien but stronger than normal of his kind due to Mjoner(probably didn't spell it right) but yeah.

But more importantly I want to see Hulk SMASH Tony.

Beth Cyra

Yeah but this is movieverse so Thor obviously is just an alien but stronger than normal of his kind due to Mjoner(probably didn't spell it right) but yeah.

I'm not so sure he is, and even if that was the case it doesn't change how powerful he is, only the base of his power.

As it stands they did have Fury call him a God at the end of the Avengers, something that never happens in Thor 1 and we will have to see how they handle the God/Alien angle in Thor 2.

Cap was a badass in Civil War. I understand the problem that alot of people have with CW, I do but I do think there were several good things about the story line mixed with the bad.

Thor's return is probably my single favorite comic moment in the last 20 years, and the relationship and the amount of love and respect that everyone showed Cap be it big names like Thor or Wolverine or the small guys was truly a sight to behold.

That and I really want to see Chris show Iron Man that he is a bitch, and finally hear him say that he is the God of Thunder.
Both Chrises would show Tony who is boss. When Cap was telling Tony to put on the suit and go a few rounds, I wanted to see it just to see Cap put him in his place.

I love the short Ironman vs Thor scene in the movie, Tony is so fucked if Captain America didn't intervene. favorite moment is Ironman's headbutt followed by Thor's.

Top Bottom