• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Xater

Not sure if people are aware of it but almost every European home release of the Avengers is censored. The only uncensored one I am aware of was released in Italy.

Here is what was censored and Disney lying about it being also censored in UK cinemas. I saw the English print here in Germany and the scene was uncensored in that version(obviously spoilers): http://www.homecinemachoice.com/new...ray-censorship-row-disney-uk-speaks-out/13225

As if it wasn't enough that we don#t get Whedon's commentary...

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Yeah but this is movieverse so Thor obviously is just an alien but stronger than normal of his kind due to Mjoner(probably didn't spell it right) but yeah.

But more importantly I want to see Hulk SMASH Tony.

nah thor is way more powerful than a normal asgardian because of who his father and mother are. damn aesir / vanir half breeds :p

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Not sure if people are aware of it but almost every European home release of the Avengers is censored. The only uncensored one I am aware of was released in Italy.

Here is what was censored and Disney lying about it being also censored in UK cinemas. I saw the English print here in Germany and the scene was uncensored in that version(obviously spoilers): http://www.homecinemachoice.com/new...ray-censorship-row-disney-uk-speaks-out/13225

As if it wasn't enough that we don#t get Whedon's commentary...

Not buying then. Not until I have confirmation of the Spanish version's status.

Such BS, specially considering that they are going to sell copies out of the arse.

Xater

Not buying then. Not until I have confirmation of the Spanish version's status.

Such BS, specially considering that they are going to sell copies out of the arse.

I would do the same thing but now I am stuck with the UK release from Zavvi. I ordered it because I heard about it being cut in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Of course i thought the UK one should be a-ok...WRONG! :(

I am probably going to buy the US release once it gets really cheap and just sell my UK copy.

Mr. Sam

It's about two seconds of the movie. The effect is exactly the same. This isn't quite Jedi Rocks.

What you should be annoyed about is the absence of Whedon's commentary or the 90 minute documentary being exclusive to certain retailers.

It's about two seconds of the movie. The effect is exactly the same. This isn't quite Jedi Rocks.

What you should be annoyed about is the absence of Whedon's commentary or the 90 minute documentary being exclusive to certain retailers.

Yeah commentary being cut is what irks me the most. I usually don't listen to them but I think I would for Avengers.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
ruQxB.png

Iron Man & Iron Patriot. Fucking badass.

J10

Banned
In the post credits sequence in Thor, Selvig is walking around SHIELD HQ. Loki is seen in Selvig's reflection, invisible to Fury and apparently already controlling Selvig. This scene seems to make no sense chronologically, unless we're supposed to believe Loki had already been back on earth somehow between the events of Thor and The Avengers. But then Loki could have had the cube right then and there as no one in SHIELD HQ could have stopped him from taking it.

And it references Asgard as being in another dimension, while The Avengers says Asgard is another planet, although that can probably be written off as a misunderstanding on Selvig's part (or on Fury's part in The Avengers).

Asgard's appearance also doesn't make visual sense. It looks like a sprawling city on top of an upside down mountain the middle of space surrounded by clouds - an unlikely shape for a "planet" in our universe, but who the hell knows what worlds look like in another dimension. Jotunheim looks like a planet in it's shape though. So maybe they're both in our universe, but Asgard is a special case, perhaps not a natural formation but an artificial world built by the Asgardians.

So when Thor refers to the "nine realms," what the hell is a "realm" in the MCU exactly? Planet? Galaxy? Dimension?

I think the point is that no-one really knows. They're clearly aiming to keep some mystery as to what exactly Asgard and company is all about- they don't like using the word "magic" but they sure as hell seem intent on keeping things magical in that general vicinity.

Yeah I think it's kept vague on purpose. The Loki things makes some sense, since in the Avengers he can talk to the Other while being on earth, so it isn't that long of a stretch to think that he's using some astral projection. What bugs me more is that while he clearly has some deluded views on what went down in Thor, like he thinks that Thor threw him into that portal he is never really corrected about it.

strobogo

Banned
Of course Asgard doesn't make sense. It's Asgard. Have you seen any depiction in comics?

I feel like Thor 2 and GOTG will elaborate a little more on whether Asgardians are aliens, gods, interdementional beings, or magical beings.

Slayven

In the post credits sequence in Thor, Selvig is walking around SHIELD HQ. Loki is seen in Selvig's reflection, invisible to Fury and apparently already controlling Selvig. This scene seems to make no sense chronologically, unless we're supposed to believe Loki had already been back on earth somehow between the events of Thor and The Avengers. But then Loki could have had the cube right then and there as no one in SHIELD HQ could have stopped him from taking it.

And it references Asgard as being in another dimension, while The Avengers says Asgard is another planet, although that can probably be written off as a misunderstanding on Selvig's part (or on Fury's part in The Avengers).

Asgard's appearance also doesn't make visual sense. It looks like a sprawling city on top of an upside down mountain the middle of space surrounded by clouds - an unlikely shape for a "planet" in our universe, but who the hell knows what worlds look like in another dimension. Jotunheim looks like a planet in it's shape though. So maybe they're both in our universe, but Asgard is a special case, perhaps not a natural formation but an artificial world built by the Asgardians.

So when Thor refers to the "nine realms," what the hell is a "realm" in the MCU exactly? Planet? Galaxy? Dimension?
They are other dimensions.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Of course Asgard doesn't make sense. It's Asgard. Have you seen any depiction in comics?

I feel like Thor 2 and GOTG will elaborate a little more on whether Asgardians are aliens, gods, interdementional beings, or magical beings.

my money's on interdementional beings.

in the same vein with Dormammu, etc...

KevinCow

Banned

We see in both Avengers and Thor that Loki can project images of himself to other worlds, so the Loki in that post-credits scene could've easily been a projection. And it seemed to me that he didn't have full on mind control over Selvig like he does in Avengers, but more that he was subtly influencing him.

Kizer

Yeah I think it's kept vague on purpose. The Loki things makes some sense, since in the Avengers he can talk to the Other while being on earth, so it isn't that long of a stretch to think that he's using some astral projection. What bugs me more is that while he clearly has some deluded views on what went down in Thor, like he thinks that Thor threw him into that portal he is never really corrected about it.

I don't know if you read the comics at all, but any time Loki references the past, he always tells half truths and lies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/thor-2-adds-game-of-thrones-batman-begins-actors-marvel/

Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World just grew by two more demigods. Richard Brake and Clive Russell have been cast in the Alan Taylor–directed film, which is due out November 8, 2013. Brake will play a captain in the elite Einherjar, a warrior team that in the mythology fought alongside Thor on numerous occasions. Blake’s credits include playing Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne’s parents, in Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins.

Russell will play Tyr, the older brother of Thor and Asgard’s god of war. Unlike Thor’s evil brother Loki, Tyr is a natural son of Odin. Russell recently joined Game Of Thrones’ third season as Ser Brynden the Blackfish, a warrior in the House Tully. He also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes franchise.

Oh shit, Joe Chill's gonna be in Thor 2.

Quick

Banned
CONFIRMED: Batman to take on all of Asgard. All of it.

Batman, breaking into Asgard, interrogates an Asgardian about the location of the Cube.

"Tell me where the Cube is hidden!" Batman roared.

"I swear I don't know. I don't know anything I swear to Odin!" the Asgardian said, in fear.

"You swear to me!" Batman commanded.

"No, Batman. You swear to ME."

The all-father roared with his mighty staff striking the ground, surveyed the room and saw this mere mortal dressed like an Asgardian bat.

*Batman roar face, attacks Odin, screen goes black*

Mariolee

Batman, breaking into Asgard, interrogates an Asgardian about the location of the Cube.

"I swear I don't know. I don't know anything I swear to Odin!" the Asgardian said, in fear.

The all-father roared with his mighty staff striking the ground, surveyed the room and saw this mere mortal dressed like an Asgardian bat.

DIRECTED BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN.

Marvel considering a Planet Hulk film?

I certainly hope so. Go big or go home!

This could the coolest after credits scenes in the series. Avengers 2 ends with the team fighting Thanos in space, everyone comes back except for Hulk.

After the credits: A bright Colosseum. The crowd is getting hyped. We here a large "Bam!" followed by another. Then another. It soon becomes clear that these are the sounds of footsteps. The gladiator's entrance begins to tremble. We see a large shape moving in the shadows.

Cut to a low shot. A green foot stomps down in the sun lit stadium. Teh camera moves up to show THE HULK in gladiatorial armor. He looks to the camera.

ROAR!

Cut to black.

iKW8taT7SbrKY.gif

TDLink

This could the coolest after credits scenes in the series. Avengers 2 ends with the team fighting Thanos in space, everyone comes back except for Hulk.

After the credits: A bright Colosseum. The crowd is getting hyped. We here a large "Bam!" followed by another. Then another. It soon becomes clear that these are the sounds of footsteps. The gladiator's entrance begins to tremble. We see a large shape moving in the shadows.

Cut to a low shot. A green foot stomps down in the sun lit stadium. Teh camera moves up to show THE HULK in gladiatorial armor. He looks to the camera.

ROAR!

Cut to black.

Planet Hulk (and then possibly World War Hulk) seems like a good direction they good go in for the next Hulk film(s). I don't expect them to leave Hulk out of Avengers 2 given his popularity in the first one though.

Recon

Banned
Planet Hulk (and then possibly World War Hulk) seems like a good direction they good go in for the next Hulk film(s). I don't expect them to leave Hulk out of Avengers 2 given his popularity in the first one though.

They wont, and the post you quoted was talking about after the end of Avengers 2. I do like how Marvel Studios is thinking now. They are not just coasting by, Guardians Of The Galaxy is a big risk, since it features a group of D tier heroes.

TDLink

They wont, and the post you quoted was talking about after the end of Avengers 2. I do like how Marvel Studios is thinking now. They are not just coasting by, Guardians Of The Galaxy is a big risk, since it features a group of D tier heroes.

Oh. I originally read the post as if Hulk wouldn't show up in the film until the end credits scene. Re-reading it I understand now what it actually meant. Yeah, that is a viable possibility I suppose. They can literally do anything with the end credits scenes though so I don't expect that specifically. But it would be cool!

Thor has another brother? He was never mentioned or seen ever in the first movie.

What the hell.

I thought I was decently knowledgeable about comics, but I had no idea either. But to be fair, I never read much Thor.

In Norse Mythology (which Marvel's Thor cribs wholesale almost all of the time) there are multiple "Sons of Odin".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Odin

Obviously being a "son of Odin" does not necessarily mean he was born by Frigga (Odin's wife). In fact, I am pretty sure Baldur is the only one that is. Like with most ancient mythologies the big daddies (Zeus is another example) tend to get around. Even Thor is only a stepchild to her.

Resilient

So, those Iron Man + Iron Patriot shots, who is playing Iron Patriot? Is it Norman Osborn? Rhodes? So much confusion.

My bad, can't be Norman because of movie rights. But it doesn't look like Rhodes either...

Detroit Steel?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I want Flash-Venom to join the Avengers :(

Best Venom is best. It'll never happen though :/

We should get a Secret Avengers movie with Frank Castle and Flash Thompson just killing super-criminals for the entire picture.

:(

Recon

Banned
So, those Iron Man + Iron Patriot shots, who is playing Iron Patriot? Is it Norman Osborn? Rhodes? So much confusion.

My bad, can't be Norman because of movie rights. But it doesn't look like Rhodes either...

Detroit Steel?

I would guess War Machine=Iron Patriot.

Marvel considering a Planet Hulk film?

I certainly hope so. Go big or go home!
As much as I want to see it, I'll believe it when I see it. That movie would probably be 90% CG and I just imagine prohibitively expensive. If they could do it though, it could be amazing. Especially since World War Hulk would make a great premise for Avengers 3.

Yea, but the actor in it doesn't look like Rhodes, as in he isn't black. Unless that guy is a double?
Yeah, that was a stunt double. It's already confirmed to be Rhodey.

Kizer

Thor has another brother? He was never mentioned or seen ever in the first movie.

What the hell.

I thought I was decently knowledgeable about comics, but I had no idea either. But to be fair, I never read much Thor.

If it makes you guys feel better, Odin probably doesn't remember his other children either. I hope in Thor 2 they show how Odin only ever cared about Thor and the rest could pretty much rot in hell. And even then he is still a horrible dad and Thor sometimes has nightmares of his father (if this last story arc dealing with those mare creatures is to be considered).

I want Flash-Venom to join the Avengers :(

Best Venom is best. It'll never happen though :/

We should get a Secret Avengers movie with Frank Castle and Flash Thompson just killing super-criminals for the entire picture.

Flash is one of the best. I seem to be a member of a very.....selective few who really enjoyed Mac's time as venom though. He and Bullseye were just the best duo during Dark Reign. I think that he is what 90's Carnage should have been.

That being said, Eddy Brock was probably the weakest of all the Venom's despite being the most well known one. He has become such a better character AFTER he was detached from his suit.

It is disappointing that right now Marvel does not have the movie rights to all of their characters. Just imagine all the things that could be with the X-men, Spider-man, Fantastic Four, etc...

Luke Cage would be so perfect as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. I hope we include him at some point.

I don't like this idea. I don't see Luke Cage taking up a job with any government anything. At least not without someone like Captain America asking first. Also I want a legit Heroes for Hire movie.

Top Bottom