• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

J10

Banned
Deadline is reporting Scarlett Johansson will be in Captain America 2. Also the following actresses are in the running to play Cap's love interest.

• Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones)
• Jessica Brown Findlay (Downton Abbey)
• Teresa Palmer (I Am Number Four)
• Imogen Poots (Fright Night)
• Alison Brie (Mad Men, Community)

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

It's not the 1940's anymore. Does it have to be a skinny white girl? I nominate Gabrielle Union.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
It's not the 1940's anymore. Does it have to be a skinny white girl? I nominate Gabrielle Union.

Considering that Cap's love interest in the comics is supposed to be Peggy Carter's niece, no.

Also, with ScarJo in the film, I'm guessing she has a history with Winter Soldier in the film referring the "red on her ledger" in the Avengers.

Of course Black Widow shows up. Hawkeye probably will, too.

I will end you

TdyaN.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
why not just dye Hayley Atwell's hair and have her do an american accent

I guess they don't want to do the thing where somebody's descendant looks exactly like them.

Or Hayley Atwell doesn't want to do it.

Or there's a conflict.

Or they just want somebody new since they plan to do a bunch of movies down the road.

Considering that Cap's love interest in the comics is supposed to be Peggy Carter's niece, no.

Also, with ScarJo in the film, I'm guessing she has a history with Winter Soldier in the film referring the "red on her ledger" in the Avengers.

Black Widow and Winter Soldier do have a history together in the books. A sexy history. I would imagine it will be in play here as well.

Black Widow and Winter Soldier do have a history together in the books. A sexy history. I would imagine it will be in play here as well.

Time to reveal that BW's actually 100 years older than she appears to be if they go along with this plot point. But it's nice to see some sort of confirmation (though I thought it was a given since CA2 would have a bigger S.H.I.E.L.D. presence).

I'm curious to see who they'll eventually go with for Peggy Carter's niece.

Time to reveal that BW's actually 100 years older than she appears to be if they go along with this plot point. But it's nice to see some sort of confirmation (though I thought it was a given since CA2 would have a bigger S.H.I.E.L.D. presence).

Eh, they can use the same excuse they use in the comics. Bucky was kept on ice until needed for a mission, they can just make it a more recent thing (i.e. 90s) instead of being a Cold War Russia thing.

Timelines in comics are such a screwy thing.

Nizz

At this point in the franchise's popularity they can probably get away with a 15 second clip with a a tag line and a CGI shot of the suit.
I'm anxious to see the CGI suit, if only for the reason that ILM aren't working on it. :/

Hope it looks good. Regardless, I'm hyped for that IM3 trailer.

Eh, they can use the same excuse they use in the comics. Bucky was kept on ice until needed for a mission, they can just make it a more recent thing (i.e. 90s) instead of being a Cold War Russia thing.

Timelines in comics are such a screwy thing.

True, though I'd actually enjoy the Cold War Russia thing just to see it screw with the audience's mindset. I love keeping MCU and 616 universes their own thing, but sometimes it's fun to mix the two just to mess with people.
KuGsj.gif

Wouldn't mind robo zola showing up in Cap 2. There were enough hints in 1 about it...

I was surprised in the first place that Zola had such a big role in the first film. If not Cap 2, he will definitely return for Cap 3. I think it just depends on whether or not Red Skull will be back for the first sequel or not. We don't know yet if Winter Soldier is the only adversary in the film or if he just has a major role and the real villain will be someone like Zemo or Skull. (Please be Zemo)

Kizer

I was surprised in the first place that Zola had such a big role in the first film. If not Cap 2, he will definitely return for Cap 3. I think it just depends on whether or not Red Skull will be back for the first sequel or not. We don't know yet if Winter Soldier is the only adversary in the film or if he just has a major role and the real villain will be someone like Zemo or Skull. (Please be Zemo)

I feel that it will end up being Zemo as the main villain and it sets the stage for a masters of evil situation (Enchantress in Thor still...maybe? Mandarin in Ironman 3, etc, etc) in a later movie. Maybe Avengers 3 if we get that far
we totally will.

Also, A.I.M. shows up in Iron Man 3. I'm guessing they'll also be in Cap 2 as well.

Give me M.O.D.O.K or give me death.
Also they did hint the Leader in the last Hulk movie. Hulk is getting a show now, right? Hmmm

J10

Banned
Random thought: Marvel needs to cast Gina Carano as a superhero quick before she goes to waste at Fox or WB.

Hex

Banned
Random thought: Marvel needs to cast Gina Carano as a superhero quick before she goes to waste at Fox or WB.

No, they do not.
Smiling and shaking and being cute does not a great movie or star make.
It is bad enough that they had to dub her in the last movie that she was in.

Considering that Peggy is suppose to be in her 90's(right?) in the present day, wouldn't they have to change it to the new girl being Peggy's grand daughter instead or great niece? Or will they just stick with her niece and say it was her younger sisters kid who just happened to be something like 25 years younger than her?

Considering that Peggy is suppose to be in her 90's(right?) in the present day, wouldn't they have to change it to the new girl being Peggy's grand daughter instead or great niece? Or will they just stick with her niece and say it was her younger sisters kid who just happened to be something like 25 years younger than her?

They would probably go either route of the love interest being niece/granddaughter. If they went with the niece part, you could easily say that the younger sister had a number of kids or so.

Viably, the granddaughter angle would work better for age but also for the potential angst moment for Steve in remembering that Peggy would've moved on after he was frozen.

J10

Banned
No, they do not.
Smiling and shaking and being cute does not a great movie or star make.
It is bad enough that they had to dub her in the last movie that she was in.

Right, because that's all she'll ever be capable of.

Top Bottom