• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

TDLink

I was surprised in the first place that Zola had such a big role in the first film. If not Cap 2, he will definitely return for Cap 3. I think it just depends on whether or not Red Skull will be back for the first sequel or not. We don't know yet if Winter Soldier is the only adversary in the film or if he just has a major role and the real villain will be someone like Zemo or Skull. (Please be Zemo)

Zemo is in the movie so I have a feeling he will in fact be the "main" antagonist.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Random thought: Marvel needs to cast Gina Carano as a superhero quick before she goes to waste at Fox or WB.

Nope, she isnt a talented enough actress to be ANY of the Marvel Queen bees.

Captain Marvel - It would be an insult
MoonStone - Nope, I cant even imagine her pulling it off.
Madam Masque - Okay sure why not, we dont see her face and we could have someone else do the voice work.....she would essentially be the stunt double, yeah i can agree with that.
Mantis - She would be the weakest member of the cast in a GoTG movie....probably taint probably taint every scene she is in.
She-Hulk - Why would we curse our beloved She-Hulk with Gina Carano as the actress....what did She-Hulk ever do to us?
Quake - Ehh, there are alot more talented and more deserving people out there.
Valkyrie - She has the body......but thats about it.

Right, because that's all she'll ever be capable of.

She wasnt that good in Haywire, i dont know why so many people went crazy over her after that movie......she did a passable job, now you want to put her in a Marvel movie....nah she aint that level.

ReiGun

Is Gina Carano a good actress? What's she been in? People keep bringing her up to play all these different characters, but I've never seen her in anything.

Carano falls into that sparsely-filled overlap between being good in a fight and being very good-looking, so naturally people want her for all the big Hollywood movies like Marvel's.

Slayven

Nope, she isnt a talented enough actress to be ANY of the Marvel Queen bees.

Captain Marvel - It would be an insult
MoonStone - Nope, I cant even imagine her pulling it off.
Madam Masque - Okay sure why not, we dont see her face and we could have someone else do the voice work.....she would essentially be the stunt double, yeah i can agree with that.
Mantis - She would be the weakest member of the cast in a GoTG movie....probably taint probably taint every scene she is in.
She-Hulk - Why would we curse our beloved She-Hulk with Gina Carano as the actress....what did She-Hulk ever do to us?
Quake - Ehh, there are alot more talented and more deserving people out there.
Valkyrie - She has the body......but thats about it.

She wasnt that good in Haywire, i dont know why so many people went crazy over her after that movie......she did a passable job, now you want to put her in a Marvel movie....nah she aint that level.

Hellcat or Diamondback.

J10

Banned
http://sciencefiction.com/2012/10/07/x-men-producer-open-for-avengers-team-up/

Now that The Avengers has done so well, it seems like the other studios with Marvel properties can see the advantage of making a deal. Can you see a world where this generation of X-Men could be in an Avengers movie?

Lauren Shuler Donner: I would love it. I would love it. I personally have close ties to Marvel because of Kevin Feige, because Kevin worked for me. But to take our characters and mingle them in the way that they were written, yeah, absolutely.

Merging those two continuities seems like a writing nightmare. Off the top of my head, the easiest way would be to ignore the X-Men trilogy and start over with First Class (which has it's own continuity problems anyway).

Also, Paula Patton for She-Hulk.

http://sciencefiction.com/2012/10/07/x-men-producer-open-for-avengers-team-up/

Merging those two continuities seems like a writing nightmare. Off the top of my head, the easiest way would be to ignore the X-Men trilogy and start over with First Class (which has it's own continuity problems anyway).

Also, Paula Patton for She-Hulk.

Fuck it. Retcon it. Comic Books do it all the time to the point where there's literally hundreds of Alternate Univereses and dozens of writer interpretations of various characters.

I sure as fuck won't care. And neither will the audience.

Pachimari

Is there a high chance of Guardians of the Galaxy becoming a hit?
I mean surely there's a long way to go but I have never heard of them until they announced the movie. =/

Tobor

Is there a high chance of Guardians of the Galaxy becoming a hit?
I mean surely there's a long way to go but I have never heard of them until they announced the movie. =/

It's the biggest gamble Marvel Studios has taken.

Of course, they have a lot of house money to play with.

Pachimari

But surely they could have chosen some more established characters than Guardians of the Galaxy. Thy don't even appeal to me having seen them but I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Marvel made a good move with GotG. Its Marvel but not exactly a superhero film. Diversify your properties and milk that for all its worth. Though that doesn't mean crap if they make a bad movie.

Uncle

But surely they could have chosen some more established characters than Guardians of the Galaxy. Thy don't even appeal to me having seen them but I give them the benefit of the doubt.

They could have chosen much safer properties to develop, sure. But I am glad they have chosen dive in to the over the top, balls to the walls awesome pool instead. I don't even care how the movie will turn out, I just want to see it.

What is with the Carano hype? Not only was she only okay in Haywire, they had to do a voice over because she doesn't have the voice for this stuff.

Horrible choice.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Marvel made a good move with GotG. Its Marvel but not exactly a superhero film. Diversify your properties and milk that for all its worth. Though that doesn't mean crap if they make a bad movie.

Due to the Ms. Marvel reports, my guess is that Carol Danvers makes an appearance in the GOTG film and gains her superpowers when she makes contact with them.

Blader

Due to the Ms. Marvel reports, my guess is that Carol Danvers makes an appearance in the GOTG film and gains her superpowers when she makes contact with them.

This just made me think, everyone assumed that the Air Force pilot mentioned in the GOTG logline is supposed to be Star Lord, but what if it's actually referring to Danvers?

If they introduced Ms. Marvel as a main character in GOTG, she could also be the one character to crossover from that movie into Avengers 2, since I doubt any of the others (save for Starlord) would.

J10

Banned

So she's the airforce pilot mentioned in the synopsis? That'd be pretty neat.

TDLink

Ms marvel has never been involved with the gotg. I highly doubt she will have any role in it. Star lord is definitely the pilot in the logline.

Top Bottom