• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Slayven

Ms Marvel is blonde. They are not. Ergo, fuck that

Really, Really?

tumblr_maksp4rAkC1rvm5qqo2_1280.jpg

Minn-Erva_%28Earth-616%29_001.jpg

What is with the Carano hype? Not only was she only okay in Haywire, they had to do a voice over because she doesn't have the voice for this stuff.

Horrible choice.

She has an OK voice, not sure what you think is wrong with it :/

Plus her build makes her seem like she can actually pull off a "super strength" character.

I could see her pulling off MM but I would prefer she play a street level hero who actually uses MMA fighting moves instead of ... super-man-fu?

ReiGun

It largely excites me because the 2D animation guys are meant to be handling it.

I don't see it happening for a long, long time though.
Yeah, that's why I'm into it. I'm read one comic with BH6 in it, Disney playing with the MU in animated features could be great.

It never not hurts to be owned by Slayven's comic knowledge. :(

Anyway, my point was more I would really like them to have a Ms Marvel design akin to the one she had for most of the 00s.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
But surely they could have chosen some more established characters than Guardians of the Galaxy. Thy don't even appeal to me having seen them but I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Are you a comicbook fan or just film fan? No one expects you to know them if you just watch the films...heck even if you are a comicbook fan no one expects you to know or have read GoTG they have their niche is all. They've had some good runs like far too many under appreciated properties in all of comics not just marvel.

I guess if your looking for more on the planet earth stuff , keep up with The Wolverine, Xmen, Iron Man, Captain America, Superman and Spiderman and eventually Avengers 2.

sharbhund

The rights to Daredevil should be going back to Marvel today. Any predictions on how long they'll wait until they put something into development? To me, a Daredevil TV show makes a lot more sense than a SHIELD TV show.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
The rights to Daredevil should be going back to Marvel today. Any predictions on how long they'll wait until they put something into development? To me, a Daredevil TV show makes a lot more sense than a SHIELD TV show.

Shield has had some good runs, i guess the old nick fury books basically morphed into shield over time. Steranko was legendary on those books, they are older than most of us so youd have to go look them up, but no doubt theres plenty of material, character and story wise to make a shield show.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Are there any good comics I can read to familiarize myself with Guardians of the Galaxy?

They had a 2 year run with Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning , the name of the book is Guardians of the Galaxy.

Theres also Annihilation Wave crossover , Real/War of Kings, and Thanos Imperative. All of them feature the GotG in some capacity.

TDLink

Are there any good comics I can read to familiarize myself with Guardians of the Galaxy?

If you only care about learning about the GotG and not all of cosmic marvel read the following in this order:

• Annihilation: Conquest - Prologue
  • Annihilation: Conquest - Star-Lord #1-4
  • Annihilation: Conquest #1-6
  • Guardians of the Galaxy #1 - 25
  • The Thanos Imperative - Ignition
  • The Thanos Imperative #1 - 6
  • The Thanos Imperative - Devastation

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yeah, these Marvel films are really top class stuff.

eyeroll.gif
GAF I love it.
Roll your eyes all you want standing next to the rest of the Avengers cast she is absolute trash...ScarJo aside.

She's no worse than Scarjo

Whats worse than one bad actress?
Two bad actresses.....so no thanks to Gina Carano....hell no actually!

sharbhund

Good story on Stan Winston Studio building the Mark I suit for the first Iron Man movie:

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/blog/iron-man-the-making-of-the-mark-i-cave-escape-suit

FGrcM.jpg

Shane Mahan recalls the Mark I's digital beginnings: "The Mark I was going to be done entirely digitally, but we kept saying that this suit is perfect for having a performer inside and making it work. We were all a bit cocky about it. Our feeling was like, this is what we do. It's a guy in a suit, trying to escape. So let us make a guy in a suit, trying to escape. We would shoot our own internal tests with stuntman Mike Justice and he'd move around while we'd operate all the radio controlled engines and belt drives on the back of the suit."

Proving the producers wrong became a point of pride among the crew at Stan Winston Studio. "They were telling us it was never gonna work. That the suit wouldn't walk. And Shane took that as a challenge and we all busted our ass to get that thing working. There's not a person who worked on that suit who wasn't up all night, taking that challenge by the horns," Trevor Hensley remembers.

When the day of the film test came, the SWS crew was ready to make their case for shooting with a real Mark I. "So we showed up for the first Mark I film test at the cave interior set. They didn't know we were bringing a suit, they thought we were bringing a prop on a stand that they could roll in and roll out as a reference element," said Hensley. "So we uncover the Mark I and Mike Justice is inside it, but it was dark and they couldn't tell there was a guy in the suit. We lit him all up and there was a very brief moment where they were all looking at it, Favreau, the producers, and then suddenly Mike took a step forward and they were shocked. And then it was lots of hushed conversation and they started asking 'How much can he move?' Mike starts turning sideways, putting his arms out, moving all around, and they realized this was a suit that they could actually shoot with. We were so proud that we did it."

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 Gets Casting Details; Backstory Updates Set For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

The site has revealed that despite The Winter Soldier's female lead shortlist including Emilia Clarke, Jessica Brown Findlay, Teresa Palmer, Imogen Poots, and Alison Brie, Marvel has “the most traction with” Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

So it looks like Ramona Flowers will hook up with Evil Ex-Boyfriend #2?

This is according to Latino Review.

http://latino-review.com/2012/10/12...er.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=lrnews

Beth Cyra

I know it's nothing new or anything, but the repeated trumpiting of Jane as though this is remotely a good thing hurts my soul.

She was easily the worst part of Thor 1 and her awkward and terrible scenes with Thor nearly ruined the entire movie and did so for a good half of it.

I don't know anything about the actresses thats up for the Sharon(?) role. I recognize some of the names and I think I might have seen some of them but really I got no opinion either way. Mary Elizabeth Winstead on the other hand I really like, so I guess I hope that she gets the role. Maybe.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
IN RUMORVILLE (Read: Da7e-speculation): Gamora is tied to both Adam Warlock (who us comic nerds are half-assuming will make an appearance in ‘Guardians’) and Nova, who has been rumored to be part of ‘Guardians’ ever since the official concept art had Nova stars in the background.

Neat.jpg

a bit late with last page's Guardians of The Galaxy talk, but I never heard of that team until they announce the movie, but the name and the concept art is just so cool looking I immediately go buy the series from comixology and I love it.

especially the concept art, I have it as my wallpaper after that and all my friend who saw it immediately ask me what is that from. I think it has pretty broad mainstream appeal even with talking tree and raccoon.

it's my most anticipated upcoming marvel movie, although maybe because we haven't seen anything from it and I really wonder how it will look on screen. with Thor, Ironman and Captain America sequel, you can kinda imagine it in your head what it'll look like based from previous movies. Guardians just felt so fresh and exciting.

No new heroes at all in Avengers 2 would be the dumbest fucking thing ever and a HUGE missed moment of several opportunities.. Marvel needs to just say fuck it and take some risks.

ReiGun

Marvel's got some chances for new heroes in A2. Falcon and Winter Soldier are being introduced in Cap 2. One of the Guardians of the Galaxy could join to help fight Thanos (I'm betting Star-Lord, or Nova if he makes in it that one). I've heard rumors that they're looking to cast Ms. Marvel. And like I said in the Ant-Man thread, they could flip the script and introduce Ant-Man in the Avengers before his movie releases.

Top Bottom