• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

TDLink

Ant-Man after Avengers 2 is surprising to me but it doesn't mean he can't still appear in Avengers 2 first. Either way, Marvel is definitely adding new heroes to the team for the sequel. Even if you take Ant-Man off the list there is still potentially:

War Machine from Iron Man
Falcon from Captain America
Doctor Strange (rumoured in Thor: The Dark World)
Ms. Marvel (rumoured in general)

I wouldn't expect a Guardian of the Galaxy on the Avengers...but then I didn't ever expect to see an Avenger as a Guardian either. We'll see with that one. Largely depends on if they are keeping the GotG movie to the Abnett/Lanning team or going with this new Bendis stuff (ugh).

How was playing as the red skull any different then when he played as V for Vendetta? Maybe he just doesnt want to play as a Nazi or he had a bad experience with the production.

V was produced by the Wachowskis, so there is that. Plus I'm sure the Red Skull make-up wasn't very pleasant to work in.

TDLink

Before this gets out of hand note that he says:

"I think the tendency, with those films, would be to probably not bring a villain back. They might for The Avengers, but I didn’t think I’d be in Captain America 2 or 3. I don’t think Red Skull will be there."

Seems like he didn't love the role but he would be open to returning for Avengers opposed to a straight Cap sequel. He also notes he is contractually obligated so basically he isn't "quitting", just stating his feelings on the character. He'll still play him if they bring him back. Right now they aren't planning on using Red Skull again though so it shouldn't be a big issue.

Nova will probably be Sam Alexander in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

He damn well better be Richard Rider.

How was playing as the red skull any different then when he played as V for Vendetta? Maybe he just doesnt want to play as a Nazi or he had a bad experience with the production.

The bit about "not bringing a villain back" is right though - even in the persistent MCU it's unlikely they'd give him a role big enough in a future film. The Red Skull might be Cap's biggest bad, but they wouldn't devote an entire film for him as the main villain again. Whatever role he does play in a future Captain America or Avengers movie could probably be replaced by anyone with enough make-up and a good enough Hugo-Weaving-As-The-Red-Skull impression, so it's also unlikely that Marvel would hire him back for it (especially with their tendency to cut extraneous costs like hiring an actor like him back when they don't absolutely have to).

I fucking loved Weaving as The Red Skull (casting on par with RDJ as Stark) but I don't have my hopes high at all for the possibility of him reprising the role when the time comes.

Now...who will play Zemo? :3

He damn well better be Richard Rider.

I want to think there'll still be several differences between the cartoons and the movies despite Avengers Assemble taking more cues from the movie. Loeb is still, striclty TV after all.

At the same time though I wonder if they'll go with Sam Alexander just to avoid people making "Dick Rider" jokes.

The bit about "not bringing a villain back" is right though - even in the persistent MCU it's unlikely they'd give him a role big enough in a future film. The Red Skull might be Cap's biggest bad, but they wouldn't devote an entire film for him as the main villain again. Whatever role he does play in a future Captain America or Avengers movie could probably be replaced by anyone with enough make-up and a good enough Hugo-Weaving-As-The-Red-Skull impression, so it's also unlikely that Marvel would hire him back for it (especially with their tendency to cut extraneous costs like hiring an actor like him back when they don't absolutely have to).

I fucking loved Weaving as The Red Skull (casting on par with RDJ as Stark) but I don't have my hopes high at all for the possibility of him reprising the role when the time comes.

Now...who will play Zemo? :3

Weaving states that he signed on for more than one film. Marvel could force him but of course he would then phone it in. So I don't see Weaving back ever.

TDLink

I want to think there'll still be several differences between the cartoons and the movies despite Avengers Assemble taking more cues from the movie. Loeb is still, striclty TV after all.

At the same time though I wonder if they'll go with Sam Alexander just to avoid people making "Dick Rider" jokes.

Richard Rider is Nova. Using Sam Alexander in the movies would be like using an Iron Man other than Tony Stark or a Spider-Man other than Peter Parker. Sure others have taken that identity, but they are the "main" ones, the original ones. When people say they want Nova in a movie they are talking about Richard, not about someone else donning the mantle.

The whole "Dick Rider" thing would be a dumb reason to not have the character. It's totally just a fan name anyways. In the comics he is always called Rich or Richie for short.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Richard Rider is Nova. Using Sam Alexander in the movies would be like using an Iron Man other than Tony Stark or a Spider-Man other than Peter Parker. Sure others have taken that identity, but they are the "main" ones, the original ones. When people say they want Nova in a movie they are talking about Richard, not about someone else donning the mantle.

The whole "Dick Rider" thing would be a dumb reason to not have the character. It's totally just a fan name anyways. In the comics he is always called Rich or Richie for short.

so if starlord is out of the cancer verse...am i forgetting how this happened? was it star lord and Wendel or starlord and Richard that got stuck?

I hope we get War Machine and Ms Marvel in the next avengers movie could work so well, and it makes sense they are military.

TDLink

so if starlord is out of the cancer verse...am i forgetting how this happened? was it star lord and Wendel or starlord and Richard that got stuck?

I hope we get War Machine and Ms Marvel in the next avengers movie could work so well, and it makes sense they are military.

Star-Lord, Richard Rider, and Thanos were all stuck in the Cancerverse together. They haven't yet explained how any of them have escaped, though it seems at least Star-Lord has...somehow.

Regardess, that is just where the characters are in the comics. The MCU continuity of these characters has not occurred yet so that doesn't pose the same problems.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Here's a new promotional image for Iron Man 3:

htyhtyhtfh.png

S1kkZ

i just hope the new vfx studio is capable of (at least) matching the quality of the ilm effects in im 1+2. i still think its a stupid move from marvel, but i will wait for the trailer next week.

I think phase 2 is shaping up to be a lot more interesting than the first. The plots of Thor The Dark World and Iron Man 3 sound really out there and fun. GOTG sounds like it could be awesome as well. The only film I am not completely digging is Cap 2 but I think it will grow on me once I start hearing and seeing more from it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i still hate the new suit. it still looks terrible to me. ugh.

The only film I am not completely digging is Cap 2 but I think it will grow on me once I start hearing and seeing more from it.

If it's 1/3 as good as the story it's apparently based on, it'll be awesome.

The synopsis for Thor: The Dark World has been revealed:

http://collider.com/thor-2-the-dark-world-synopsis/202591/

who is the villain they mention in the synopsis? I've never heard of him before, but it sounds like he's a pretty big villain.

does this mean thanos won't appear until the next avengers? I read some really good posts on here and other forums with people speculating that thanos would appear in thor 2 and raid the vault.

Nizz

I'm not hating it as much as before - probably due to the gold looking more like it does in the movies versus the original still we saw from SDCC.

Still... I'm not totally sold on it just yet.
Me either. Maybe seeing it in motion will ease my mixed feelings with it.

i just hope the new vfx studio is capable of (at least) matching the quality of the ilm effects in im 1+2. i still think its a stupid move from marvel, but i will wait for the trailer next week.
This too. The effects and the animation for Iron Man in both his movies were great. Little details like how there's slight play in his movement as he's flying around. He doesn't look like a stiff robot, it feels like there's a man in the armor.

Hopefully the new effects company working on this will pull it off.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
does this mean thanos won't appear until the next avengers? I read some really good posts on here and other forums with people speculating that thanos would appear in thor 2 and raid the vault.

Thanos is supposed to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy, since one of the Guardians is his daughter.

Blader

Iron Man 3 plot synopsis:

Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

Small team, eh? I'm gonna guess Cap, Falcon, Widow, 13 and maaaaaaaybe Danvers.

Hawkeye would make sense too, but we'd probably have heard something by now if he was in.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Small team, eh? I'm gonna guess Cap, Falcon, Widow, 13 and maaaaaaaybe Danvers.

Hawkeye would make sense too, but we'd probably have heard something by now if he was in.

Isn't Renner taking a break from acting? I don't know how many films he signed on for, but dude recently said he was dire need of some time off.

Slayven

who is the villain they mention in the synopsis? I've never heard of him before, but it sounds like he's a pretty big villain.

Thor-2-Dark-World-Malekith-the-Accursed.jpeg

He is a schemer and had a hand in creating of Thor's best villains.

S1kkZ

So why did Marvel drop ILM for Ironman 3? Does anyone know for sure? Was it just money?

xia..(sorry, i just cannot remember his name, he works for ilm) implied that it was because of money. i still think its stupid to give it to a company that mostly does effects for shitty german (made for tv) movies.

Top Bottom