• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

So Marvel is completing the Black Panther purge eh

avengersassembleanimatedseriespromoart.jpeg

Ant Man, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel are all rumored to join later in the series.

Tobor

Shit.
Does this mean we could have seen him in Ironman 3, Thor2, or probably Captain America 2?

Surely he will be back for the Avengers 2 in 2015??

Cap 2 would have made sense, considering Cap is running a SHIELD team in the movie. I think he'll be back in A2.

The JLA is going to tank hard.

Most likely, but it looks like it's going to be released. That puts it ahead of the Black Panther movie.

Nesotenso

It could be good.

Maybe....

:'(

(I want to believe. I just want Wonder Woman and Aquaman on film, and this is my only chance. Cause lord knows they ain't getting their own movies.)

BP managed to protect an entire country from an alien invasion.

Bats can barely protect one city from a clown.

I'm not saying....but I'm saying...

We can play this dumb game of one upping with story plots or power set comparision games (like a previous thread) all day.

Suggesting that BP is anywhere near the level of Batman in terms of cultural significance is laughable. To me BP doesn't hold a candle to Batman in term of story and as a character.
I find Bat-God ridiculous but BP fans on gaf going on about his supposed greatness are also nauseating. It doesn't help I have never liked a BP comic run.

Yeah I am not a fan.

edit : I should have stated "in terms of relevance" in my initial post on this page.

And I hope some writer comes along and changes my feelings on Tchalla.

ReiGun

We can play this dumb game of one upping with story plots or power set comparision games (like a previous thread) all day.

Suggesting that BP is anywhere near the level of Batman in terms of cultural significance is laughable. To me B P doesn't hold a candle to Batman in term of story and as a character.
I find Bat-God ridiculous but BP fans on gaf going on about his supposed greatness are also nauseating. It doesn't help I have never liked a BP comic run.

Yeah I am not a fan.

edit : I should have stated "in terms of relevance" in my initial post on this page.

And I hope some writer comes along and changes my feelings on Tchalla.

Man, why'd you have to go and be all serious about it? lol

No one was talking about cultural relevance. Some of us like the character more. It's all jokes. Lighten up.

Nesotenso

Man, why'd you have to go and be all serious about it? lol

No one was talking about cultural relevance. Some of us like the character more. It's all jokes. Lighten up.

cause I feel BP needs a boost. i hope someone comes along and writes a run that changes my mind.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
What I'm wondering is how DC can put out such amazing animated movies, and suck massive donkeyballs when it comes to live action, while Marvel is exactly the opposite.

Nesotenso

What I'm wondering is how DC can put out such amazing animated movies, and suck massive donkeyballs when it comes to live action, while Marvel is exactly the opposite.

Animation wise marvel never had the network or resources. of course now it is all on Loeb. Also it doesn't help that a large part of library is off limits for Direct to video animated adaptations.

ReiGun

cause I feel BP needs a boost. i hope someone comes along and writes a run that changes my mind.

You know what might lead to him getting that boost?

Him being in a movie. :3

DC makes good Batman movies (for the most part). Superman 1 was fun, and Man of Steel looks good thus far. No idea what the hell else is going on over there though.

DC has always come across, at least to me, like they have some sort of complex that makes it impossible for them to embrace what works about their heroes. All the years of being told their heroes aren't interesting enough got to them, and now they're too gun shy about putting them in movies. Of course, I'm probably thinking too hard about it.

Kinda forgot to post this here at first, but there's an interesting article I read over on Screenrant which mentioned an interview Mark Millar did with SFX

“Fox have said that they want to build a cohesive universe and I’d personally like this to work in complement to the Marvel one. It would be cool if these universes didn’t contradict each other so if you went to see Spidey, The Avengers, the X-Men, etc, as a viewer you would have no idea that all three are coming from different studios. I’d love to make it look like they’re all just happening in one place.

“I don’t think it’s something anyone would want to rush into. Following that Marvel model, we want to establish things first. If you had a Fantastic Four relaunch, and Wolverine and the X-Men were in it, I think it would distract you from the Fantastic Four. You can make people aware that they’re existing in the same universe without making it a big crossover movie but it would be an injustice to the Fantastic Four not to make their first movie all about them.”

Also, since I didn't see a topic for this or mentioned here, it seems like they're doing a CG film with Iron Man and Hulk that's loosely based off their Avengers Bro-mance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-FmBJpycIQ

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Kinda forgot to post this here at first, but there's an interesting article I read over on Screenrant which mentioned an interview Mark Millar did with SFX

Also, since I didn't see a topic for this or mentioned here, it seems like they're doing a CG film with Iron Man and Hulk that's loosely based off their Avengers Bro-mance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-FmBJpycIQ

Do a Fantastic Four movie where they retcon the events in X-Men The Last Stand. Use time-travel, alt dimensions, whatever. Just retcon that steaming pile of doggydoodoo.

Nesotenso

Heroes for Hire would be chill. Then we get IF and Luke Cage.

No I don't want any HFH or shared universe bullshit in any future solo endeavours for other characters. Like Feige said, this will lead to a point where everything becomes unmanageable.

IF can hold his own better than the rest of HFH. if they want spin off HFH after that in a convincing manner, then I am ok with it. Better yet have Luke get his own solo like IF and have only those two have some ties. But I prefer a good IF movie over any HFH attempt. IF can bring something diff. to the table for Marvel. Should be treated as a Martial arts adventure with all the dragon lore added to it.

DC makes good Batman movies (for the most part). Superman 1 was fun, and Man of Steel looks good thus far. No idea what the hell else is going on over there though.

DC has always come across, at least to me, like they have some sort of complex that makes it impossible for them to embrace what works about their heroes. All the years of being told their heroes aren't interesting enough got to them, and now they're too gun shy about putting them in movies. Of course, I'm probably thinking too hard about it.

The difference, I think, is that there's one man at DC/WB that is talented and knows what he's doing, Bruce Timm. WB just seems to want to throw a big name at the screen and see what sticks.

Then again, they did produce Watchmen.

Kizer

why does Marvel have Loeb, again? What is it that they see in him? Does he bring in a lot of strong sales for them?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
More info on Thor: The Dark World:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=69041

After filming a “big battle sequence” in the Highlands of Iceland last week, Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World production crew have returned to the U.K. in London, now taking over the Old Naval College at Greenwich. And a filming notice was distributed a few weeks ago alerting locals that principal photography would take place on the campus, the Thames at high tide, camera boats, and aerial shots from a helicopter.

While it's well-known that Midgard (Earth) will be explored once again, the aforementioned filming notice had also revealed that “London will be showcased in a major way,” meaning that England's capital city will appear in the otherworldly sequel as itself, rather than doubling for another location. And now, new scene details have surfaced from today's shoot seemingly showcasing just how “major” the scenes involving London will be.

Spoiler Alert: although no stars were in sight, multiple extras from today’s shoot report that there were over 14 takes for a sequence that involved a bunch Londoners “running for their lives...from ‘invisible’ spaceships.” In addition, there was another filming unit for The Dark World spotted near Greenwich prepping a scene that involves a London Bus crashing into taxis. And it has been said that this very sequence will bring in explosions later this week.

Kizer

lmao what the hell is that from?

It's from the robot chicken dc comics special. It has some pretty funny moments to it. It is mostly uninspired "lol aquaman is so lame" jokes though. Especially since Aquaman is really not lame.

I am not kidding. The general public just has a really shitty idea of the character. Seriously read his current book

Captain Britain? Black Knight? I am down.

Hex

Banned
Would somebody please explain this love affair GAF has with BP?

I do not get it at all, he has good moments here and there but I do not understand the hard on that Gaf has for him.
I especially do not see it being a commercially viable option, as it would either come off to the average movie goer as a black Batman rip off or they would try and go into Wakanda and the history of the character and it would come off as cheesy.
It is something that GAF wants but I do not think that they have thought through.

Slayven

I do not get it at all, he has good moments here and there but I do not understand the hard on that Gaf has for him.
I especially do not see it being a commercially viable option, as it would either come off to the average movie goer as a black Batman rip off or they would try and go into Wakanda and the history of the character and it would come off as cheesy.
It is something that GAF wants but I do not think that they have thought through.

Not even Hollywood magic can pull off a First World African nation.

Slayven

As I've said before, it's not a question of building Wakanda, it's a question of being able to sell Wakanda to audiences.

Which is just audiences would have a hard time accepting a nation of advance black people. You will probably see Gorilla Grodd and Apecity before Wakanda on the silver screen. I am not mad or even disappointed.

Hex

Banned
How many people are even aware that there was a Black Panther animated series (briefly)...
I think in a team format I would take him over the Falcon any day though.

Slayven

They should do a Marvel Knights film line. Low budget films featuring characters that don't need super duper effects. Sleepwalker, Moon Knight, Black Panther, Heroes for Hire, etc. They can do them for 25 mil a pop and make a profit.

Tobor

They should do a Marvel Knights film line. Low budget films featuring characters that don't need super duper effects. Sleepwalker, Moon Knight, Black Panther, Heroes for Hire, etc. They can do them for 25 mil a pop and make a profit.

They were talking about doing just that, but with short films. It never panned out.

Top Bottom