• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Pics from the updated Phase 1 boxset:

tumblr_mdsvk9P8ef1rw6hzpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdsvk9P8ef1rw6hzpo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdsvk9P8ef1rw6hzpo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdsvk9P8ef1rw6hzpo4_1280.jpg

Some fantastic candidates Marvel is looking at for Peter Quill. Anyone would be great, but I'd love to see Lee Pace. Others include Jim Sturgess, Joel Edgerton, and Jack Huston.

Inject some youth into the roster and pick up Hedlund, IMO. I'm not saying the Avengers are all old, but half of them are getting close to it.

And my opinion may or may not be affected by the fact that he's from Minnesota. But I did really enjoy him in Tron.

Can't really see many of those guys listed carrying a movie as a lead, but I don't know much about Guardians so I don't really know how much a "lead" would be featured in the film.

Mafro

I'd love Joel Edgerton as Quill.

One thing that worries me about the upcoming Guardians film is that it sounds like they may be basing a lot of it on Bendis' imminent series, rather than the Marvel Cosmic run.

KevinCow

Banned
I just hope they get Jason Statham to voice Rocket Raccoon. Nothing else matters.

Actually, get Morgan Freeman to voice Groot. That also matters, because it would be great.

KevinCow

Banned
I always envisioned Groot as a bit more brusque sounding than Morgan Freeman. I cant think of whom would fit, but Freeman definitely is not how I hear him in my mind.

I don't necessarily imagine him sounding like Morgan Freeman. I just think it would be hilarious for a giant tree monster to have his soothe, calming voice. I also like to imagine Morgan Freeman sitting in a recording booth, saying nothing but various intonations of "I AM GROOT" all day.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I always envisioned Groot as a bit more brusque sounding than Morgan Freeman. I cant think of whom would fit, but Freeman definitely is not how I hear him in my mind.

Michael Clark Duncan would've made a fantastic Groot :(

Go for second best and have William Rhys Davies do it again.

Mariolee

So I was perusing through Roger Wardell's twitter and I love to sound like a broken record so does anyone have a link to how many of these rumors he's gotten right?

Blader

So I was perusing through Roger Wardell's twitter and I love to sound like a broken record so does anyone have a link to how many of these rumors he's gotten right?

Off the top of my head, he broke news about Falcon and Crossbones being in Cap 2 before it was ever announced.

richiek

First THOR: THE DARK WORLD Footage Details Emerge

“In the preview, a voice-over is heard with the oath of the God of Thunder as the new supreme ruler. We see a clash between Thor and the enemy army, in a world that is neither Asgard let alone the Earth. We see Chris Hemsworth wielding his hammer and Tom Hiddleston as Loki first wounded without a helmet, with long, loose hair and then imprisoned; his anger increasingly desperate and irrational. Then there's a scene later in which he is free again, but still furious.

Against the backdrop of a forest, in the middle of a clearing, among the dust, we in fact face off anthropomorphic creatures, but also a big "gorilla" krosan tusker: a rather alien fauna varies so, although not extreme in size (there are also some envoys/ambassadors of a people mysterious, with oval face and black eyes, elongated and sunken)

The rest of the images show glimpses of Asgard, with Anthony Hopkins as Odin and Natalie Portman in clothes that seem more like a princess; an Asgardian princess. In between, there are images of an epic battle on horseback, who seems to have left an epic cloak-and-dagger. The threat to the Asgardians is certainly a new alien race pale (now identified as the dark elves).

A black spaceship shaped irregularly looks like a serious threat to Asgard. More sequences show Natalie Portman then alongside Thor lying on the ground, probably overwhelmed in a clash.”

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This trailer is kind of a bummer to be honest, just Stark things getting destroyed. :(

Tom_Cody

richiek

New Iron Man 3 action figures are hitting store shelves:

aap5aeceaa5kzg.jpg

Check out all the new armors in the background:

q4uTE.jpg

Tom_Cody

qZz4r.gif

Joseph Gordon-Levitt now in ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Race
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/joseph-gordon-levitt-joins-the-guardians-of-the-galaxy-race/

Deadline said:
EXCLUSIVE: The derby to land the lead role of Peter Quill in Guardians Of The Galaxy has gotten even more interesting. Marvel Studios has added Joseph Gordon-Levitt to the list of actors they are considering for what is seen as its next major franchise launch.

Joel Edgerton and Lee Pace are still my top choices but this is pretty big news. This also raises serious questions about his potential involvement in Justice League.

JdFoX187

Banned
The JGL in Batman news always seemed like a bunch of bullshit to me. No way they would have Batman that's not Bruce Wayne in the Justice League. I could see him working out in GotG though. Certainly better than the dude from Chuck that was getting a lot of hype a couple weeks ago.

mjc

I can't see Levi being any good..plus it'll be weird since he's playing Fandral in Thor 2. I'd be cool with JGL or Pace.

Top Bottom