• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Just age Rider a bit, give some everyday dude (hell, just make him a washed up cop given the ability to become a hero he was meant to be, I dunno) the ability to unleash his inner badass space-cop on some horrific cosmic villain wannabes. Have the Nova Corps be a decimated shadow of its former glory. Let the galaxy have sort of a wild west vibe. Cameos by the Avengers. Boom, we're printing money.

Avoid the problems of Green Lantern by getting Rider into space right away and kicking ass and taking names. Sure, there's a learning curve, but make it fun. And for the love of God, practical suit and helmet. No CGI with that. Plenty of time in space and on other worlds. Also, if you're gonna have a love interest, make her more interesting than Blake Lively.

Olyphant would fucking rock it. Classic hero's journey.

ann6cover.jpg

I like the Nova suit. Looks cool.

HIRE GOGGINS AS THE VILLAIN AND WE CAN HAVE JUSTIFIED IN SPACE. JUSTIFIED IN SPACE!

Pq0y7.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It would be sweet if in IM3 Stark could use that Extremis tech to somehow manifest that giant particle cannon from Capcom's Marvel Super Heroes and blast the shit out of something.

tumblr_mcjineJFoo1ry15hqo1_400.gif
Nah, they'll probably use the shitty Bleeding Edge anime cannon of something instead.

2457925-bleedingedge2.jpg

It could happen!

Marvel's been nailing casting lately. Totally could happen! Right!? We need to find Kevin Feige and brainwash this idea into his head.
Marvel has always been amazing with casting IMO.

strobogo

Banned
Yes, pretty much all major characters have been excellently cast starting with Iron Man. Except for Ed Norton as Hulk, but he's been replaced so it doesn't matter. I have faith in whoever the cast for any role in upcoming films.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Additional IRON MAN 3 Filming Underway in Beijing

Along with the year 2012, principal photography for Iron Man 3 was scheduled to end last month in December. Recent videos and photos from Beijing, however, reveal that some filming for the Marvel superhero thriller is still very much underway. Likely for reshoots, Chinese actors Wang Xuequi and Fan Bingbing were both spotted in their surgeon garb, as seen in the teaser trailer, shooting a scene seemingly involving the extremis virus.

While Wang Xuequi officially joined the cast last month, Fan Bingbing's inclusion in Iron Man 3 surfaced back in May; when Andy Lau was in talks for the 'Dr. Wu' role. Those reports not only revealed that Bingbing will play Xuequi's wife, but also disclosed alleged story details.
“The film will involve the daughter of Tony Stark’s friend being kidnapped and brought to China. In order to save his friend’s daughter, he flew over from America to China to seek help from Dr. Wu to strengthen his abilities to help fight The Mandarin.”

All this talk about Isaiah Mustafa brings back memories of the Luke Cage trailer he did a year back. You can tell he really wants to play the character, and while I like him and he's certainly charismatic I don't think he is the best fit for the role. Though I wouldn't complain if he was cast as Luke.

Luke Cage trailer

The hardest part would be taking him seriously.

EDIT: Iron Man uses the unibeam against Iron Monger in the first one and against a watermelon in the second.

deim0s

What's this Nova talk? Are they're adding him to GotG? He should be on his own film IMO than a GotG addition.

Yes. Excited to see Nova on the screen. Oh Mahvel plueaaasse!

What's this Nova talk? Are they're adding him to GotG? He should be on his own film IMO than a GotG addition.

Yes. Excited to see Nova on the screen. Oh Mahvel plueaaasse!

Just throwing out ideas for an epic space western starring Timothy Olyphant as Nova. Come on, Marvel, this will print money for you.

Kizer

All this talk about Isaiah Mustafa brings back memories of the Luke Cage trailer he did a year back. You can tell he really wants to play the character, and while I like him and he's certainly charismatic I don't think he is the best fit for the role. Though I wouldn't complain if he was cast as Luke.

Luke Cage trailer

EDIT: Iron Man uses the unibeam against Iron Monger in the first one and against a watermelon in the second.

Isaiah would made a better black panther, Honestly. The other old spice guy would be a great Luke Cage though.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Just throwing out ideas for an epic space western starring Timothy Olyphant as Nova. Come on, Marvel, this will print money for you.

Could easily see him being in there in some shape or form. The ships in the background of the artwork they released are pretty much flying Nova corps emblems.

Kizer

A solo Iron Fist movie is a better idea.

they both get solo movies into the heroes for hire movie. That way they both get the proper character development without one overshadowing the other. Somehow this could span into a daughters of the dragon movie. Idealistically, anyway.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Am I the only one who gets goosebumps everytime they watch the end scene in Avengers with Thanos? I'm quite convinced the gem in the staff Loki was using is the Mind Gem and Avengers 2 will have everyone fighting Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. Am I close?

Kizer

Am I the only one who gets goosebumps everytime they watch the end scene in Avengers with Thanos? I'm quite convinced the gem in the staff Loki was using is the Mind Gem and Avengers 2 will have everyone fighting Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. Am I close?

I'd argue you are on the money.

TDLink

Pretty sure that has in fact been confirmed as the Mind Gem on Loki's Staff, so you are right there. I doubt they are going to go the Infinity Gauntlet route in Avengers 2 though. What I do expect is Thanos to be a presence of some sort in both Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Also, concerning Iron Fist, I think he could carry his own film but I suspect they will just go for a straight up Heroes for Hire movie.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Pretty sure that has in fact been confirmed as the Mind Gem on Loki's Staff, so you are right there. I doubt they are going to go the Infinity Gauntlet route in Avengers 2 though. What I do expect is Thanos to be a presence of some sort in both Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Aww! D: With A2 and GotG coming in for Cosmic Marvel, it's just begging for a showdown with Thanos and the pimp hand.

TDLink

Aww! D: With A2 and GotG coming in for Cosmic Marvel, it's just begging for a showdown with Thanos and the pimp hand.

Right and I think Thanos is going to play a big role, but...if they go to the Infinity Gauntlet well for A2 where do they go for A3? It's too much too soon in my opinion. That kind of story needs the MCU to be built up a little more.

Hex

Banned

If they go right to the Gauntlet in the second movie then they are kind of wasting it.

J10

Banned
I like the idea of Thanos hunting down the various gems in some other characters movies as if they're scattered across the universe, leading up to a big showdown in a third Avengers movie. Like they could throw in a mid-credits scene in Thor 2 showing the Infinity Gauntlet being stolen from Odin's armory, having to recoup the Mind Gem from SHIELD on earth, or something like that.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
So according to an interview with Jeph Loeb about the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series, Marvel's considering making a Heroes for Hire film:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/10-reasons-you-should-be-watching-ultimate-spider

BF: How did you decide who would round out Spider-Man's S.H.I.E.L.D. team?
Loeb: Keep in mind this project started almost three years ago and at the time we were looking forward to who might be the next big characters, the next big franchises. Just like we just announced Guardians of the Galaxy, we are certainly looking at the Heroes for Hire franchise which is Luke Cage and Iron Fist

i thought IM did use the uni beam once against the Iron Monger ...will re watch.

Luke Cage trailer

Huh, I don't remember that. And there are no videos of the fight scene on Youtube...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
We thought the audience is already so like Peter, why don't we just really be Peter and break that fourth wall and let him talk to us and take us inside his head and his fantasies?

Christ, I just started this article and I'm already yelling dumb, dumb, dumb.

Also, concerning Iron Fist, I think he could carry his own film but I suspect they will just go for a straight up Heroes for Hire movie.

Ahhhh! How did I not think of this? So ashamed with myself! It's so obvious.

Also very hyped for the idea of a Heroes for Hire movie!

This interview makes my barin hurt. Just shows how out of touch Loeb is and a complete lack of understanding in regards to how to tell good stories and have interesting characters.

Yup. Quesada made a mistake.

He does. When Iron Monger picks up a car, he uses it. Then he picks up the car but using the Unibeam used so much energy that he can't hold it.

Huh. I'll need to watch the movie again.

Christ, I just started this article and I'm already yelling dumb, dumb, dumb.

Yup.

Ahhhh! How did I not think of this? So ashamed with myself! It's so obvious.

Also very hyped for the idea of a Heroes for Hire movie!

I feel just as bad, lol.

shira

Warmachine_proton_cannon.gif

I'll be honest. I'll pay just to watch a 3D 48fps cg proton cannon.

Especially if they can pull it off a la prometheus globe

iEg5VDvirpuy3.gif

Hmm. I'm reading this as Iron Man 3 having an international release first (on the 25th) - followed by domestic on the 3rd. I don't think this means a timed IMAX exclusive in the US.

I'm surprised more films aren't doing the timed-IMAX exclusivity, honestly. It seems like a REALLY easy way to squeeze extra money out of fanboys who will absolutely always see a film at the first possible opportunity, even if they wouldn't otherwise shell out the extra cash for the IMAX seat.

Top Bottom