• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Tom_Cody

https://twitter.com/JoeCunningham14/status/293085506751832064

So it appears that Toby Jones will be return to Captain America: The Winter Soldier as Arnim Zola!

slice_captain_america_first_avenger_toby_jones_arnim_zola_01.jpg

Can't wait to see his cyborg body in the live action form!
His first scene in Captain America sort of teases this.

6NAnIdy.jpg

Blader

What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck.

I would actually -ok- with Carrey but Sandler would be an abortion. Lee Pace is still my first choice.

Carrey and Sandler are probably being looked at to voice Raccoon, not physically play anybody.

Tom_Cody

Carrey and Sandler are probably being looked at to voice Raccoon, not physically play anybody.
Whoops. Should have read the link.

Still sort of disappointed though. I would prefer dramatic actors for the voice roles, even if the characters end up being partly comedic.

I just don't want Sandler near this in any capacity.

If tony were to use a proton canon in the MCU it would happen like this.
"jarvis, send me the PCXVS-VIII whatever"
"on its way sir"
Cut to a canon shooting a giant rocket to wherever tony is"
iron man getting his ass kicked.
"jarvis where is it"
"Eta is 2 minutes"
"Dammit JArvis make it get here *explosision"
Iron man get out of rubble slowly. looks up
cuts to rocket transforming into proton canon in mid air and starts to fall on IM location.
"he says some quippy line
the canon lands fucking perfectly on his shoulder, blows away the bad guy and just drops the fucker on the ground and walks away.
Explosion.

Dram

Why can't they just get the guy who did Rocket Raccoon's voice in the video game? No one's going to see the movie because Carrey or Sandler are in it. They don't have the pull with the general audience like they used to.

LosDaddie

Banned
Iron Man also uses the Unibeam on Thor after he's blasted by lightning.

There were 4 combo movies that Whedon set up in Avengers 1 that you know will be used in Avengers 2 and/or 3:

- Thor's Lightning + IM's suit = 400% Iron Man power
- Thor's Hammer + Cap's Shield = Wide blast radius
- Iron Man blast + Cap's Shield = Multiple Dead Enemies
- Hulk smash object into ground/enemy + Thor's Hammer Hits Object/Enemy = Dead (huge/powerful) Enemy (this happened when Hulk & Thor were on top of that giant snake)

:bow
Whedon
:bow

Gartooth

Yeah Rocket Raccoon had a great VA in UMVC3. (I think it was also used for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Considering nobody will have to physically portray RR, I don't understand why they don't just use his normal VA.

Anth0ny

The latest from Latino Review:

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Going After BIG Comedic Actors For ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’

WTF, Marvel. Jim Carrey is ok, he's a good actor, but keep Sandler out of the MCU!

AHAHAHA wtf

Carrey as RR? I guess that could work...

Yeah Rocket Raccoon had a great VA in UMVC3. (I think it was also used for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Considering nobody will have to physically portray RR, I don't understand why they don't just use his normal VA.

Cosign. UMVC3 VA is awesome.

LOCK N LOAD

Gartooth

I just hope they are trying to do the character justice with whatever voice they pick, I'm afraid that if they go after a comedian who will try to play a cartoon raccoon, they will lose the spirit of the character which is why I would rather they just stick with his current VA. (who has a cockney accent and doesn't come off across as overly goofy, if anything a bit more gruff)

I want Rocket to be gruff and arrogant, and totally ready to kick everyone's ass. The comedy comes from the fact that it is a small raccoon with that attitude and enough firepower to orbit Schwarzenegger.

LOL adam sandler in a marvel movie, DONNIE BURGER

do it marvel ;)

but smh please no, i would want Jim out of those two, but sandler gonna be in it, and in the middle of the movie, Rocket Raccoon turns human and Sandler gets to play him

the end of the marvel universe.

Gartooth

Statham would be a pretty funny choice, actually. Way better than Carrey/Sandler.

I understand why people would automatically assume those names are for Raccoon, but is it possible they're being approached for a villain role? Or maybe Groot?

Groot doesn't really talk much.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I always thought Groot would have the voice of some sort of beast. Very deep and would drag his words on too, so I don't think a VA name would matter much there.

Cartman86

Banned

With the way Hollywood is obsessed with performance capture right now (deservedly so at times) I expect the guy who voices Rocket Raccoon to portray him as well. Just like Ruffalo and the Hulk.

Top Bottom