• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Ponn

Banned
Agree, no comedians for Rocket Raccoon. I actually love the suggestions of Statham for him, very fitting. I would not want Sandler anywhere near this movie but are these actors being looked at for Starlord? Because Starlord is a bit of the funny man. And i could see Carrey pulling of great facepalm “what did i get myself into” moments.

Seth Macfarlane have great range in his voice and I don't see how anyone can deny it. But, without having seen Ted and Hellboy 2, he have never delivered that much emotional depth to the characters he portrays. I'm sure he could do it but I doesn't really matter, I don't feel like he is right for Rocket Raccoon anyway.

He did a great job in Hellboy 2. And Seth can depict emotion as shown in the rare gems of family guy. Not often do they appear when he does those shows that aren't all make fun of everything.

He did a great job in Hellboy 2. And Seth can depict emotion as shown in the rare gems of family guy. Not often do they appear when he does those shows that aren't all make fun of everything.

Yeah he can do emotion, just by looking at Family Guy you realize that, but everyone can play happy/sad/mischievous/whatever. There is a difference to doing it and actually doing it with some gravitas to the emotions. But as I said I don't doubt he can do it.

Odoul

Not a super huge comic guy.

But how has Power Pack not even been rumored as a film, or cartoon, or terrible sitcom?

It just seems tailor made for an audience slightly youunger than the typical aciton movie audience, while still fitting comfortably in the world Marvel has built.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

But how has Power Pack not even been rumored as a film, or cartoon, or terrible sitcom?

It just seems tailor made for an audience slightly youunger than the typical aciton movie audience, while still fitting comfortably in the world Marvel has built.

Hardly anyone even in comicdom knows the characters, although that didn't stop GotG.

According to imdb and wikipedia there was a Power Pack show back in 91 that didn't make it past the pilot. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271124/

And there was a rumor some years back that they were going to do a a movie actually http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=17347. I think they have plans to make a movie of all their owned IP's since there has been rumor about different one for a long time, like Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Iron Fist, Luke Cage etc.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Kevin Feige confirms ANT-MAN and DR. STRANGE for Phase 3

"'Ant-Man' is definitely part of Phase Three," Marvel's Kevin Feige told MTV News during our recent interview. "Like 'Iron Man 3,' it's certainly set in the Marvel Universe, but it's also through the lens of Edgar Wright — which is the only reason we're making the movie."

"I've known Edgar since our first lunch together at Comic-Con in 2004," he continued. "He asked me what Marvel was doing with 'Ant-Man' — we weren't even a studio then; what a difference eight years makes! It's very much an 'Ant-Man' origin movie from the perspective of Edgar Wright and his co-writer Joe Cornish. It will of course be firmly planted in the MCU, but a different corner than we've seen before."

Indeed, "different corners" appears to be a theme of Marvel's third phase. "So much of the stories we're telling [right now] is about the core 'Avengers' characters we've now met, and they'll be evolving in big, surprising ways, in Cap's next movie and Thor's next movie and of course in 'Iron Man 3,' as we get them all into the next 'Avengers' film," said Feige. "Beyond that… 'Ant-Man' is the only one officially announced, but you probably don't have to look too far to guess at the next list of characters we're toying with and beginning to develop."

Could the oft-rumored "Doctor Strange" be a part of those plans?

"'Doctor Strange,' which I've been talking about for years, is definitely one of them," he confirmed. "He's a great, original character, and he checks the box off this criteria that I have: he's totally different from anything else we have, just like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' He's totally different from anything we've done before, as is 'Ant-Man,' which keeps us excited."

"He's a great, original character, and he checks the box off this criteria that I have: he's totally different from anything else we have, just like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' He's totally different from anything we've done before, as is 'Ant-Man,' which keeps us excited."

This is the attitude that will make successful Marvel movies for the forseeable future. Dr. Strange has amazing potential.

If we're getting Ant-Man and Dr. Strange, pretty much the only crucial additions at this point are Black Panther (obviously), Vision, and Mar-Vell/Ms. Marvel.

Dr Strange could be soooo awesome. I can't imagine what a director who really understands SFX and unconventional/other wordly settings could do with that.

Gartooth

So glad to hear confirmation that Dr. Strange is planned for a movie. Man overall I am so glad that Marvel studios is taking risks and adapting different characters they have for the big screen. (Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, GotG)

A few years back Avi Arad said that Marvel was working on a script for Prime (An Ultraverse character that Marvel bought the rights to back in the 90s). I remember they wanted him to be their equivalent to Shazam. Wonder if its still in the cards.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I wonder who they would use as the villain for Dr Strange.

This guy:

mvsc_dormammu.jpg

Skab

I guess a Dr Strange movie is going to be crazy enough anyway, so Dorm would work.

Wonder if they could make Shuma work, and be interesting.

And be directed by Guillermo del Toro.

There was a rumor years ago about Del Toro and Gaiman doing a Doctor Strange movie together, but Del Toro kind of shot it down:

"When Neil Gaiman was visiting Hellboy II, he literally said, “Wouldn’t it be cool to do Dr Strange together?” and I said, “Yeah that would be cool.” (laughs) That was the extent of the discussion, and then four or five weeks later it was like “Neil Gaiman and Guillermo Developing Dr. Strange for Marvel,” and Marvel had never heard of that development and neither have I. "

I can still dream. That pairing is pure nerd nirvana.

Ant-Man isn't any more ridiculous than any of this other shit. It'll be fine.

Ridiculous?

You misunderstand me, if anything I'm saying it may be a far less appealing and interesting concept than GG to the movie go-er crowd that these Marvel Movies rely on.

eastx

I'm kind of worried about how well Ant Man and Dr. Strange will actually do, but it's great they're getting movies. Agreed Black Panther still needs a film (whose success I also worry about), as do Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

What if Jim Carrey was playing Groot in mo-cap and voice ? Yay for Dr. Strange ! The Brian K. Vaughn and Marcos Martin mini The Oath is great always liked the character since I saw him on the Spider-man Animated Series. But Ant-man ... eh.. would rather have my Black Panther movie before him.

I'm really excited for Dr. Strange, but I hope they go with the version of him that's physically strong as well. I'm not a fan of when he's portrayed as feeble.

I forget who said it, but whoever it was who suggested Jason Statham would be the BEST possible choice for Rocket Raccoon's voice? I stole your idea for a podcast today.

Sorry.

Top Bottom