• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

They won't do it but I think they should kill Tony Stark off at the end of Avengers 2. Give him the Han Solo moment Lucas was too chicken shit to do

Slayven

I wonder who they would use as the villain for Dr Strange.

I hope they keep over Mordo and Dormmanu, try someone fresh. Like the Silver Dagger.
7ZhJmYB.jpg
[/IMG]

Isaiah, a former cardinal, was the Pope's choice for successor, but the College of Cardinals disagreed. Wandering into the Vatican's library to spend an entire week reading its large collection of black magic books, he left the Church to study with mystical masters the world over, plotting to slay them in the name of the Lord. Isaiah despised the arcane arts but nonetheless learned all he could about them to fight fire with fire. He eventually sought out the current Sorcerer Supreme, "whose death God decreed!" Alas, Stephen Strange's refusal to die coupled with his very existence (not to mention the return of a wayward left eye -- long story) has fueled Curwen's hatred no end.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New details on Thor: The Dark World:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=73343

Sometime during the interview, Craig Kyle informed Empire that Thor: The Dark World will pick-up one year after The Avengers events, and two years after the first Thor film. And at the sequel's start, we'll find Asgard battered by war and The Nine Realms beset “by rag-tag invaders known as The Maraunders,” who were pictured on the Bourne Wood set. And it's during this time that ancient Asgardian enemies the Dark Elves, led by Malekith and “wreathed in Gigeresque body armour,” return and wreak devastating revenge. Meanwhile, Thor, “now a full-time general,” will have some explaining to do when he finally reconnects with his Midgardian love interest, Jane Foster.

“wreathed in Gigeresque body armour,”

and suddenly my interest in the movie just increased tenfold. I love his designs and if these are anything close as crazy and out there as giger's work, we're in a for a real and perverted treat.

ReiGun

Ridiculous?

You misunderstand me, if anything I'm saying it may be a far less appealing and interesting concept than GG to the movie go-er crowd that these Marvel Movies rely on.
It's all in how you do it. There's tons of angles they could take (romantic comedy with Wasp, adventure movie in some sub-atomic universe, etc.) that would make the concept more appealing to the general movie going crowd.

I'd say wait and see what Wright is cooking up before calling the movie D.O.A.

You know what would suck? If Guardians bombed and they started backpedaling on their lesser IP's. Now Ant-Man is gonna happen, there is no doubt but I imagine they would re-think their strategy if Guardian did a John Carter.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Question for comic fans: Out of the following villains, what's the ranking for threat and power level: Dormammu, Mephisto, Nightmare, Hela, and Surtur. I haven't followed much of Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, and Thor comics to know a lot about their villains.

http://latino-review.com/2013/01/29/exclusive-iron-man-3-toy/

Latino Review is spilling the beans on Iron Man 3's ending:

According to sources, at the end of Iron Man 3, Tony actually does go up into space to hook up with the Guardians of The Galaxy where I also hear he appears at the end of that movie as well.

It does kinda tie into Iron Man's predicament at the end of the Avengers.

That sounds ridiculous, ha, no way

*clicks link*

oh

Potential Spoilers for the Iron Man 3 post-credits sequence:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/-Iron-Man-3-Toy-Reveals-Brand-Armor-Possible-Plot-Detail-35411.html

For those who don't want to click the link, it basically implies that
Iron Man will fly into space in the post credits sequence...which implies he will be in Guardians of the Galaxy (ugh)

Also, new poster for the film:

I'm pretty sure Iron Man has been a member of the Guardians before. I doubt that he will be a major role in the upcoming film though besides meeting up and or asking for advice.

TDLink

I'm pretty sure Iron Man has been a member of the Guardians before. I doubt that he will be a major role in the upcoming film though besides meeting up and or asking for advice.

No he hasn't. He is only being added in the upcoming reboot. Him being in the reboot is part of why I am not really surprised at this and at the same time it is pretty much my greatest fear for that movie. It would completely overshadow the entire rest of the cast...which would kind of defeat the purpose of bringing it to the big screen.

J10

Banned
LOL Why would anybody assume Robert Downey Jr. is going to star in GOTG? It's probably just going to be a teaser for the movie, nothing more. They'll probably cross paths in the post credits sequence of IM3 to let you know another movie is coming and that's it. GOTG will still be it's own thing.

TDLink

LOL Why would anybody assume Robert Downey Jr. is going to star in GOTG? It's probably just going to be a teaser for the movie, nothing more. They'll probably cross paths in the post credits sequence of IM3 to let you know another movie is coming and that's it. GOTG will still be it's own thing.

Because he's on the team in the reboot?

Because RDJ/Iron Man is a huge draw? You put him in GotG and suddenly it is a much bigger success than whatever it will probably end up being.

I hope you're right though. I'm cool with a cameo, I just don't want him playing some sort of major role. Those characters deserve to shine on their own and not be turned into Space Avengers or Iron Man and his Amazing Space Buddies.

nomis

I'm sure glad people are so subtle that they can completely defeat the point of spoiler bars in their subsequent analysis.

TDLink

I'm sure glad people are so subtle that they can completely defeat the point of spoiler bars in their subsequent analysis.

To be fair, this is a topic about discussing future projects and there is a spoiler warning in the title. It comes with the territory. Nothing in this topic needs to actually have a spoiler tag.

Plus, this specific spoiler is a rumour/speculation based on a released toy. There's no guarantee it is even actually a spoiler.

Well, they need a hook to get people interested in seeing Guardians. Iron Man is one hell of a hook.

I do hope they don't put him on the actual team in the movie, but they're going to need to interact with The Avengers eventually. Using Iron Man to introduce GotG makes plenty of sense considering he's the flagship character of the movieverse.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Not a super huge comic guy.

But how has Power Pack not even been rumored as a film, or cartoon, or terrible sitcom?

It just seems tailor made for an audience slightly youunger than the typical aciton movie audience, while still fitting comfortably in the world Marvel has built.

because disney has spy kids already.

bro1

Banned
With his armor being destroyed in that poster, I think it's a safe bet that the white/red armor is not his final form, and we will see a streamlined extremis armor. Thoughts?

Well, they need a hook to get people interested in seeing Guardians. Iron Man is one hell of a hook.

I do hope they don't put him on the actual team in the movie, but they're going to need to interact with The Avengers eventually. Using Iron Man to introduce GotG makes plenty of sense considering he's the flagship character of the movieverse.

I figured they'd introduce Nova in GotG and have him be the link between the two teams. Ideally, I'd just like the Guardians to show up in Avengers 2, because that would be fucking amazing. :lol

I figured they'd introduce Nova in GotG and have him be the link between the two teams. Ideally, I'd just like the Guardians to show up in Avengers 2, because that would be fucking amazing. :lol

I think that's the entire point of introducing the GotG, they should play a part in Avengers 2 if Thanos will be the villain. Using Iron Man's post credits sequence to establish the link for GotG into Avengers Phase 2 makes plenty of sense if that's the case. And it should be done in the first movie of Phase 2.

Top Bottom