• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Blader

For those who don't want to click the link, it basically implies that
Iron Man will fly into space in the post credits sequence...which implies he will be in Guardians of the Galaxy (ugh)

But the implication is that
he only appears in GOTG's post-credits tag, not as part of the movie's actual cast.

Although...

I thought the Iron Man 3 post-credits scene was supposed to be Ant-Man related? Or was that just speculation?

That was a rumor for a while, but it was never really corroborated and wouldn't make sense now anyway
with Ant-Man being the furthest movie out now.

TDLink

Are we really spoiler tagging all rumours and speculation in this topic now? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of this topic?

But the implication is that
he only appears in GOTG's post-credits tag, not as part of the movie's actual cast.

No, the implication is that is where he'll be in the post-credits tag for Iron Man 3. The toy is an Iron Man 3 toy, which means the suit has to be from Iron Man 3. Maybe he'll have a cameo with GotG and that'll be it. Maybe he'll have a cameo with them in their movie and that will be it. Or maybe he will become a major part of that movie. If he does indeed go to space in the credits though then that implies that he'll be interacting with the GotG in some manner.

Supposedly in Iron Man 3
Stephanie Szostak is going to play Janet Van Dyne/Wasp.

I had heard this but I haven't seen any actual proof to that fact. It seems to be mostly fan speculation so far based on the actress sort of looking like her. Would love that to be true though.

Blader

You're right, it's not an implication at all...Latino Review says it outright:

According to sources, at the end of Iron Man 3, Tony actually does go up into space to hook up with the Guardians of The Galaxy where I also hear he appears at the end of that movie as well.

Symphonic

This universe shit is so exciting.

What's the status on Spider-Man rights? Any chance Sony would let a cameo happen?

Also, what's with the GotG director?

Blader

Hadn't seen that. If he's just at the end of both (end being post credits, not deus ex machina saves the day type of thing) then I am perfectly ok with this.

Assuming LR's scoop is true (and they usually are), my guess is that
the events of both movies happen relatively parallel to each other (similar to how IM2, Hulk, and Thor all more or less happened simultaneously), so something happens by the end of GOTG that signals Tony to leave for space at the end of IM3, leading him to meet the Guardians in the post-credits tag of GOTG.

Funny that Ironman has so many specialty armors, for shit his normal suit can do.

Well, MCU Tony Stark only has 2 "speciality" armours:

-Suitcase Suit (portability)
-
this new Deep Space Suit (his normal armour can't fly in space)

The rest are all upgrades/revisions. The comic stuff like the stealth suit is pretty unique too.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Question for comic fans: Out of the following villains, what's the ranking for threat and power level: Dormammu, Mephisto, Nightmare, Hela, and Surtur. I haven't followed much of Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, and Thor comics to know a lot about their villains.

anyone have insight?

Dormammu and Surtur would be at the top of that list as far as I know. I know someone else will come in here and correct me though.

And damn, we need Surtur as the bad guy in a Thor movie.

Dormammu is definitely at the top.

But you know how hard it's to talk about these uber powerful beings. In one comic they're stalemating Eternity and the next one Red Hulk is laughing at them.

See, if they're doing Surtur, they should have the Beta Ray Bill story that sorta follows into that, and then they can do a Thanos Imperative movie in Phase 3.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
anyone have insight?

713481-doc_s_vs_hulk_super.jpg

Tobor

Assuming LR's scoop is true (and they usually are), my guess is that
the events of both movies happen relatively parallel to each other (similar to how IM2, Hulk, and Thor all more or less happened simultaneously), so something happens by the end of GOTG that signals Tony to leave for space at the end of IM3, leading him to meet the Guardians in the post-credits tag of GOTG.

That sounds right to me.

Caspel

See, if they're doing Surtur, they should have the Beta Ray Bill story that sorta follows into that, and then they can do a Thanos Imperative movie in Phase 3.

Is Surtur the rumored end big baddie for Thor: The Dark World?

Slayven

Question for comic fans: Out of the following villains, what's the ranking for threat and power level: Dormammu, Mephisto, Nightmare, Hela, and Surtur. I haven't followed much of Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, and Thor comics to know a lot about their villains.

Dormammu, Mephisto, and Surtur are top tier

Nightmare below them

Hela below him.

Caspel

Thanks everyone for chiming in =D. I'd be curious to see if Marvel ends up bringing in Dormammu or Mephisto into their cinematic universe or any supernatural-like beings. I'm more excited for Doctor Strange, Guardians, and Ant-Man than the upcoming sequels to the first wave of Marvel movies.

Dai101

Banned
We'll ever see Shuma-Gorath in movie form? Because all this talk about Flamehead is making me wish for a Shuma-Gorath centric movie. Maybe for Avengers 3.

We'll ever see Shuma-Gorath in movie form? Because all this talk about Flamehead is making me wish for a Shuma-Gorath centric movie. Maybe for Avengers 3.
Fuck I hope not. He's, like, in less than 20 issues.

Dormammu is an enormous badass and the best reason to have a Dr. Strange movie.

Caspel

Fuck I hope not. He's, like, in less than 20 issues.

Dormammu is an enormous badass and the best reason to have a Dr. Strange movie.

I don't see Shuma in any live-action film. He could make his way into an animated adventure, but his make-up and design does not translate too well for live-action that will make for a blockbuster film.

BigDes

You know I have a fear about the Guardians of the Galaxy

In that I think they're all going to die

We know Thanos is at some point going to be the main bad and I can see them offing all the gotg either in their own movie or at the start of Avengers 2 to show how dangerous Thanos is

Caspel

That's not the issue with a size shifter.

Want a superhero movie with Shuma-Gorath?

hb_141Hellboy.jpg

Watch HellBoy.

As much as I love the Hellboy movies, I don't think having Ogdru Jahad/Behemoth as the end baddie was a selling point. Plus, the on-screen time was no more than a few minutes with very little story behind it besides it being the end of times if it was allowed to live/stay on Earth.

As much as I love the Hellboy movies, I don't think having Ogdru Jahad/Behemoth as the end baddie was a selling point. Plus, the on-screen time was no more than a few minutes with very little story behind it besides it being the end of times if it was allowed to live/stay on Earth.
So, basically, Shuma-Gorath.

TDLink

I am going to go and disagree with all these other people saying no to Shuma in the live action movies. I would normally agree he has no chance based on how few appearances he has had. However, with Guardians of the Galaxy coming and rumours they want to eventually do The Thanos Imperative as a story on the big screen, he is essentially a shoe-in. The main setting of that story entirely involves Shuma Gorath. So yeah, I can see him happening in a future GotG movie (not the first though).

You know I have a fear about the Guardians of the Galaxy

In that I think they're all going to die

We know Thanos is at some point going to be the main bad and I can see them offing all the gotg either in their own movie or at the start of Avengers 2 to show how dangerous Thanos is

There's no chance of this. They want to push GotG as a new franchise, not just a stepping stone to The Avengers. It's their first non-Avengers entry into the MCU, they want to make it its own thing.

Hightower

Banned
RDJ really doesnt need to be in fucking EVERYTHING

Why not? He's the lynch pin for the entire MCU.

He's basically the FIRST superhero in the MCU universe, and the only one that has his identity known at large.

Also helps he's the biggest star actor out of all the movies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This universe shit is so exciting.

What's the status on Spider-Man rights? Any chance Sony would let a cameo happen?

Also, what's with the GotG director?
We know they're down for crossover little nuggets/easter egg kinda things here and there as evidenced by the Avengers/ASM skyline thing which was cut because of time issues, but as far as Spidey himself, we don't know.

We know they're down for crossover little nuggets/easter egg kinda things here and there as evidenced by the Avengers/ASM skyline thing which was cut because of time issues, but as far as Spidey himself, we don't know.

Well, Garfield and the producers said they wanted Spidey in Avengers 2.

But it's best for everyone to assume it'll never happen.

Hightower

Banned
Well, Garfield and the producers said they wanted Spidey in Avengers 2.

But it's best for everyone to assume it'll never happen.

Sony will never give up the cash cow. they got such a sweetheart deal on Spidey at the expense of Marvel.

Now it's in perpetuity.... as long as they make them, they keep the rights. Which is a shame, I'd love for Marvel to get it and work their magic with it.

But who knows, with Disney at the helm they could open up the checkbook and go nuts to get attempt to get everything under one roof.

Salsa

Why not? He's the lynch pin for the entire MCU.

He's basically the FIRST superhero in the MCU universe, and the only one that has his identity known at large.

Also helps he's the biggest star actor out of all the movies.

because it gets old, fast

I love him, dont get me wrong, but the Marvel universe is so rich that basically going "IRON MAN'S EVERYWHERE" is stupid. As good an actor RDJ is, Tony Stark has a shtick, and while im still enjoying it, I dont want an overdose

im thinking Rocky Raccoon will prove to be the next super loveable character in a similar fashion

I like that hot youtube chicks idea that the film GOTG is basically just the heroes getting annihilated to show how much shit the Avenegers will have on their plate in A2. And yeah, they need to cool off with the Stark appearances.

Hightower

Banned
because it gets old, fast

I love him, dont get me wrong, but the Marvel universe is so rich that basically going "IRON MAN'S EVERYWHERE" is stupid. As good an actor RDJ is, Tony Stark has a shtick, and while im still enjoying it, but I dont want an overdose

I dunno.. I like him as the link that holds everything together.

They have Stark as basically the smartest guy in the world (since Reed Richards doesn't exist in that universe) so it's not hard to fathom that he picks up a distress signal from a guardian and goes to check it out.

He did recently go through a wormhole into another part of the galaxy. So him wanting to venture outward would make a bit of sense.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Sony will never give up the cash cow. they got such a sweetheart deal on Spidey at the expense of Marvel.

Now it's in perpetuity.... as long as they make them, they keep the rights. Which is a shame, I'd love for Marvel to get it and work their magic with it.

But who knows, with Disney at the helm they could open up the checkbook and go nuts to get attempt to get everything under one roof.

There was already supposed to be a Spidey-presence in Avengers; the Oscorp building would be in a shot as you pan around Stark tower. Unfortunatly, the go-ahead came in too late and the building could not be incorporated.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/avengers-amazing-spider-man-reference-revealed

IF Sony and Marvel came THIS close, there's no reason why a collaboration in the future is completely out of the question.

Top Bottom